Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 08:41 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,602,141 times

Advertisements

this is good news
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 08:52 PM

25,856 posts, read 16,558,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Hurray for us! More poison in the water and air. Who would have thought people would cheer policies increasing their risk, and their families' risk, of getting cancer. Welcome to Trump's America!
I know you’re just looking for your daily gotcha moment but if you actually care e about this subject I think it’s worth discussing.

The mpg numbers were ridiculous. Would have created huge problems for people and still would have had many exemptions the rich would have taken full advantage of. The little guy of course was going to bear the brunt.

If we can do something about my idiot neighbor who drives an 8000 lbs 4wd truck and makes 15 trips a day past my house then maybe we can do something about waste and pollution.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:32 PM

1,330 posts, read 700,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I know you’re just looking for your daily gotcha moment but if you actually care e about this subject I think it’s worth discussing.

The mpg numbers were ridiculous. Would have created huge problems for people and still would have had many exemptions the rich would have taken full advantage of. The little guy of course was going to bear the brunt.

If we can do something about my idiot neighbor who drives an 8000 lbs 4wd truck and makes 15 trips a day past my house then maybe we can do something about waste and pollution.
While the numbers are extremely high, it has lead to a lot of innovations with smaller turbo engines and refinement of aerodynamics in the last few years.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:38 PM

14,699 posts, read 14,677,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
China does the right thing as the USA goes full throttle arse backwards because a jerkwad in The White House is on the take and he was jealous of a black POTUS.
China is quickly settling into the position of global leader and trend-setter for the rest of the world. MAGA!

Old 03-30-2018, 09:39 PM

8,360 posts, read 6,452,070 times
Cars are really clean nowadays. Regulators have to keep on adding more and more strenuous regulations or they lose their cushy gravy train high paying jobs.
I Trump gets back to common sense and I sure hope he does then the car manufacturers can get back to real engines in cars instead these tiny sewing machine motors with the added complexity and expense and unreliability of turbos.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:42 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,071,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Cars are really clean nowadays. Regulators have to keep on adding more and more strenuous regulations or they lose their cushy gravy train high paying jobs.
I Trump gets back to common sense and I sure hope he does then the car manufacturers can get back to real engines in cars instead these tiny sewing machine motors with the added complexity and expense and unreliability of turbos.
Yeah b/c we need more v8 vega's as daily drivers

Old 03-30-2018, 10:02 PM

25,856 posts, read 16,558,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
While the numbers are extremely high, it has lead to a lot of innovations with smaller turbo engines and refinement of aerodynamics in the last few years.
Most definitely. We are in the golden age of automobiles right now. I don’t care if you’re talking cars, trucks or muscle cars.

And epa regs can be thanked partially.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:14 PM

26,432 posts, read 46,652,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
EPA poised to scrap fuel economy targets that are key to curbing global warming

Pruitt is looking at relaxing the California inspired mpg mandates for auto manufacturers. This is driving up the cost of vehicles at an enormous rate, and following California’s lead on anything for the rest of the country doesn’t seem very smart.
Pruitt doesn't care about the environment or population, he just benefits from lobbyists and industry insiders. He will be fired or out of the administration shortly as different allegations have come up regarding his expenditures and travel expenses being quite excessive.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:14 PM

32,118 posts, read 15,107,909 times
If we don’t protect our planet we will eventually cease to exist.

Old 03-30-2018, 11:01 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,152,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If we don’t protect our planet we will eventually cease to exist.
And many should not exist in the first place. Even life forms on the bottom of the food chain are able to protect their environment but we have right wingers that are too greedy and/or stupid to care enough to do even that much for their relatively short time here on Earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies