Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 10:49 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I'm glad Trump finally made it to Da Nang over 50 years and 5 deferments too late, people try so hard to make him normal.
According to Trumplethinskin, his avoiding STD's was his personal Viet Nam...what a brave hero!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 11:12 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
According to Trumplethinskin, his avoiding STD's was his personal Viet Nam...what a brave hero!
That is what that fool said on the Howard Stern show, isn’t it?

The hero of the “Christian” right, in all his glory.

Old 04-01-2018, 11:14 AM

8,494 posts, read 6,900,248 times
In memory of Charles McMahon and Darwin Judge. Members of my old unit Marine Embassy Guard Battalion Company C Saigon. Killed in Action on April 29th 1975 at Tan Son Nhut airport Saigon. They were the last two American service members killed in that conflict.

Old 04-01-2018, 11:40 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
In memory of Charles McMahon and Darwin Judge. Members of my old unit Marine Embassy Guard Battalion Company C Saigon. Killed in Action on April 29th 1975 at Tan Son Nhut airport Saigon. They were the last two American service members killed in that conflict.
What a waste.

Old 04-01-2018, 11:41 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Some of us served.

Others had "connections" and squirmed out of it.

I won't mention any names.

Heres a thought. Would you stand at the grave of any of the 58000 who died and tell them with the assumption their spirits could hear you:
"If youd have used a deferment instead I would now call you a scumbag"???
At what point in the war would we label inductees who showed up, morons? Not patriots? Late '71? Mid '72? When Congress was determined to block nixon and his efforts?
I say this as a veteran who signed up in 79 when war with Iran seemed imminent.
Vietnam is a very confused war morally. I can only imagine what a hell it would be to go there. After 1968 I am not sure I would have went though.

Old 04-01-2018, 11:43 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
That is what that fool said on the Howard Stern show, isn’t it?

The hero of the “Christian” right, in all his glory.
Yep...this is the sociopathic POS that the good Christian Evangelical Sarah Suckabee Sanders comes out to lie for day after day.

Old 04-01-2018, 11:47 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Umm, perhaps the reason no one has mentioned that story recently is because it happened in November 2017. (check the date on the article).

I guess you must have also overlooked the articles on the same website from last week about how the Vietnam Veterans Association, the VFW, the Disabled American Vets, AmVets and many other mainstream veteran organizations were not happy with the way the President treated Shulkin.

But, a photo opp from last year makes that all better for you, uh?

(By the way, I am the wife of a vet. I am very proud of my husband's service.)
I was not aware of this "Vietnam veterans day" until I had a friend in another site post about it. I decided to do a search on it to see what it was about. This about Trump from Military.com came up and I thought with all the negative about trump here at least was one good thing he had done.No,I did not notice the date. As to Shulkin........that's another subject.......

Old 04-01-2018, 11:48 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
You're easily appeased by the military "service" of the guy who manufactured war in a country that had nothing to do with 9/11(remember all those "weapons of mass destruction"?), a war that killed thousands of Americans, permanently damaged tens of thousands, killed hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, and contributed to the continuing mess in the ME that in turn led to the mass refugee crisis throughout Europe.

But we should be grateful that he flew jets?
Why did al qaeda attack us on 911? What were the grievances clearly stated in their 1998 fatwa?
Why would George w Bush "manufacture" a war and even if he did why would 75% of congress support it?
Finally can you paint a picture of Saddams expected actions had we pulled out of the Persian Gulf in 2003?

Old 04-01-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Two million members on CD and I have not seen one mention of this day..........."

How much coverage has the LSM given it?

I knew about it, so what?

P.S. I did 2 TOURS in Nam and don't see the need to report on everything.

I am happy Trump did but, don't need a big discussion on it.
I only did one tour.........I just find it ironic that a topic such as A dog biting someone gets more attention here..........

Old 04-01-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Best post in the whole thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies