Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 03:13 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,300,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I wonder how the NRA is going to spin this. Whoever told the school authorities, cheers to you.
Good that these cops did their jobs unlike others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 03:15 AM

10,822 posts, read 5,755,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
You are either disoriented or willfully making comments that make no sense. For starters I quoted myself on the area you either missed or don't want to answer.
So in case you missed it, your thoughts on restricting all young adults until they are 21 for most everything, like the examples I gave?

As to your CCW, while you might have one in FL, it hardly entitles you to to buy across state lines, much less nationwide just because you have a FL CCW. More importantly, and I say this in an effort to help you,

BEWARE

Your FL CCW does NOT allow you to carry nationwide. Some states that do not allow any type of carry will arrest you in a heart beat, such as NJ.
Even for states that allow carry, you must comply with their laws, even if it is one of the states that has reciprocity with FL.
For example, a state that allows open carry with a permit that recognizes your FL CCW, will still require to you open carry, but not concealed.

Needless to say many people who do not travel or that do not travel with firearms need not worry. However if you do, there is a hodgepodge of laws, restrictions, etc. that make it nearly impossible to remember unless you look it up for your intended destination.
Here is a website that purports to clear things up, but the waters are still muddied from most peoples perspectives.

https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_c...city_maps.html

`
purchasing across state lines isn’t a CCW issue. It was resolved with the FOPA 1986.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Giving lie to the assertion that you cannot buy a gun online.
It isn’t a lie. There is no legal mechanism to buy a gun online without going through a Federal Firearms License holder.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:23 AM

Quote:
I'm well aware of what can be purchased in gun shops. When I worked as a gunsmith, the owner would buy boxes of handguns that had been confiscated by the police department and run through a punch press to disable them, to strip for parts for repairs. The screws and springs and such were still worth something, and for a hundred dollar investment you could strip a thousand bucks worth of parts, easily. I spent a lot of lunch hours going through the boxes, and about once a year I found enough parts from three or four "disabled" pistols to be able to fit them and create a working sidearm. The serial numbers didn't match, but neither did the numbers on a lot of the military surplus guns that people bought to keep in their trucks. If the general public can buy enough parts to assemble a working firearm, parts need to be treated exactly like fully operational firearms for legal purposes.
Tell us all about these firearms with matching (or mis matching) serial numbers. Hint - it is a non-issue with sporting arms in the US.

The key part, the receiver, is treated exactly like a complete firearm. There is no “loophole” about this.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes there are Ghost Glocks. 9mm, S&W.40 and Sig.357 and ghost AK's

https://daytonatactical.com/products...nd-lower-parts

AK-Builder.com AK Parts for Everybody

80% AK receiver is $25
How many “ghost guns” have been used in a crime?

Old 04-06-2018, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Be careful with military issue .223 cartridges. They are loaded to higher pressures than commercial rounds.
There are no (US) military issue .223 cartridges. What are you talking about?

Old 04-06-2018, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Find someone that doesn't mine becoming a felon.
Not necessarily a felony. . .

Old 04-06-2018, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You must have the receiver of ANY firearm (the part that has the serial number) go through an FFL, with background check, and Federal Form 4473. So you may be able to buy some of the parts, but not the most critical one that makes it functional. He would have had to ILLEGALLY fabricate the receiver, and that will get you jail time as it is a Felony.
Not if it goes person to person within the same state.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You must have the receiver of ANY firearm (the part that has the serial number) go through an FFL, with background check, and Federal Form 4473. So you may be able to buy some of the parts, but not the most critical one that makes it functional. He would have had to ILLEGALLY fabricate the receiver, and that will get you jail time as it is a Felony.
What law prevents an Individual from making a firearm receiver?

Old 04-06-2018, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Okay, so the other option is to wait until he goes on a killing spree so he can be locked up for life?
You can’t lock someone up because you don’t like what he is doing. You can lock him up because he has broken the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies