Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 12:06 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,840,592 times

Advertisements

I've had this theory for years on the chol and statin drugs -- which was invented first.

My folks lived into their 90's and chol and statins for sure were not even a word in their vocabulary.

And why more dementia than ever -- more statins.

When will it end, probably never, as long as the masses continue to be the sheepole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 12:30 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,785,006 times
"Do you go to bed at night and walk up in the morning?"...

(Chris Rock skit about pharma.)

Old 07-10-2018, 01:20 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,452,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallstaff View Post
Not only that but low cholesterol itself as well as statin drugs directly, can lead to lowered testosterone levels. Lower everybody's cholesterol and see what happens.
...my guess is that a lot of people, men and women, will be happier because that supposed huge gender gap in "desire" that men often speak of will become narrower! If you believe that kind of thing it sounds like a win-win! After all, most people get on statins after they've finished with having babies so no harm done there.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:23 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,047,383 times
If I do not have a problem that I am aware of, it's not like any marketing is going to make me think I have one.

And for the example: DH became very low energy and wondered what was wrong. His T was very low, and now he takes it and has tons of energy. /shrug He wanted to go to one of those "men's clinics" but I sent him to the doctor first, and insurance covers the treatment.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-10-2018, 02:56 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,252,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I've had this theory for years on the chol and statin drugs -- which was invented first.

My folks lived into their 90's and chol and statins for sure were not even a word in their vocabulary.

And why more dementia than ever -- more statins.

When will it end, probably never, as long as the masses continue to be the sheepole.
1. Your "theories on cholesterol and statins" are not supported by facts

2. Using your parent's "vocabulary" to decide if a condition or medication is relevant is beyond ridiculous..

Did your parent's ever use the "words" PRP or Stem Cells? If not, why do THEY matter???

3. You consistently make claims regarding prevalence of dementia and statins, if you any evidence to support THIS theory please feel free to provide it...

4. Interesting that people who believe in science and evidence based medicine are "sheepole" ( I prefer the term sheeple) but believing in unproven and non covered "medical" treatments like PRP, Stem Cells, Prolotherapy makes YOU what?? a "Pioneer"? a "Savant"?

See the recent thread YOU started and only YOU have responded to ( conversation with yourself apparently) regarding "Lipogems"

A slickly marketed ad campaign for a product with dubious results targeted at a subset of the population that IS NOT covered by insurance and quite expensive....

Yeah no "sheeple" falling for "Lipogems"

Old 07-10-2018, 03:02 PM

10,266 posts, read 6,362,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
1. Your "theories on cholesterol and statins" are not supported by facts

2. Using your parent's "vocabulary" to decide if a condition or medication is relevant is beyond ridiculous..

Did your parent's ever use the "words" PRP or Stem Cells? If not, why do THEY matter???

3. You consistently make claims regarding prevalence of dementia and statins, if you any evidence to support THIS theory please feel free to provide it...

4. Interesting that people who believe in science and evidence based medicine are "sheepole" ( I prefer the term sheeple) but believing in unproven and non covered "medical" treatments like PRP, Stem Cells, Prolotherapy makes YOU what?? a "Pioneer"? a "Savant"?

See the recent thread YOU started and only YOU have responded to ( conversation with yourself apparently) regarding "Lipogems"

A slickly marketed ad campaign for a product with dubious results targeted at a subset of the population that IS NOT covered by insurance and quite expensive....

Yeah no "sheeple" falling for "Lipogems"
Do you agree that every adult over the age of 50 should take statins as a preventive measure?

Old 07-10-2018, 03:03 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,840,592 times
BD: Theories are just that....the pharma group has all the facts!!??.

And yes I have an open mind vs some very tightly closed ones here.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
BD: Theories are just that....the pharma group has all the facts!!??.

And yes I have an open mind vs some very tightly closed ones here.
You say you have an "open mind" your continual disparagement of all things related to evidence based medicine shows you have anything but an open mind.....

Open mind?? Are you kidding me?? You do nothing but attack conventional medicine at every opportunity....

Its funny whenever someone tells me they have an "open mind" it usually means the exact opposite, it means they believe some absolute nonsense and wonder why the average person doesn't "share that belief"

Old 07-10-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Do you agree that every adult over the age of 50 should take statins as a preventive measure?
Where in my post did you find that?

Who has EVER said that?

Statins have a defined role in clinical medicine despite what the naysayers here who have read a few internet articles would have people believe...

Old 07-10-2018, 04:03 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,047,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Well I'm over 50 and NONE of my doctors have recommended statins.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies