Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2018, 08:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Cops, the black and white ones there so not arrest people for fun and games. it was not false arrest.
According to the prosecutor it was.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:34 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Expect lots of people in Starbuck don't, it's a culture at Starbuck, one the Executive of the company admitted to, and an accepted part of the culture. But now I guess that culture only applies to Whites. Minorities however ARE required to buy something to loiter or use our facilities.

That's pretty much the lesson of this incident, set of rules for Whites, set of rules for Minorities.
Not to me. I have seen whites thrown out of bars and restaurants for being dick bags. Maybe Starbucks has that culture. I honestly don't know as I dont hang out at Starbucks. Quite honestly I dont spend more than a half hour or 45 minutes in any coffee shop. Not judging those who do, just stating a fact. That's why this whole thing to me is so bizarre. First who hangs out for long periods of time to drink coffee? Second who hangs out and buys nothing? Third manager tells me to leave and I am gone. Ill never spend another dime there either.
Been through BS owners during my years in the military. Owner annoys me or is rude that is the last they see of my money.
Starbucks isn't unique enough to garner any customer loyalty from me. I disagree with some of their corporate politics, but that's life.
Once again, I know one thing Ill never squat my zzz in a shop and order nothing. That is just too damned tacky. For whatever a Starbucks coffee costs, I would simply buy one. If they are too expensive, meet somewhere else. But thats me and How I do things.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:36 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
According to the prosecutor it was.
On this we agree. It was pushed way to far and for no reason that I can see.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
I haven't seen anyone answer that question, but I have not read the entire thread, but why not answer it instead of saying it's been answered and posting links to civil rights protests from over 50 years ago?
Because. Don't be lazy and you have seen it answered.

P.S. While things aren't as bad, unfortunately we still have the same problem for many that were experienced 50 years ago and that is unfortunate.

Your argument is no different than the ones from 50 years ago. All they had to do is leave. All she had to do was move to the back. All they have to do is attend their own school.......drink from their own fountain.......know their place.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:37 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
People are arrested all the time without committing an actual crime. In this case its because Starbucks staff simply didn't want the black men in the store. Which broke company policy, I notice you're not all Dudley Do-Right about employees that break company policies, why is that?

Because you chose to ignore facts, because again they directly contradict your narrow mind views of the world.
Your view is narrow, that the entire world is racist against black people and they can never do anything wrong and any time they do something stupid you have to support them because they are black.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Your view is narrow, that the entire world is racist against black people and they can never do anything wrong and any time they do something stupid you have to support them because they are black.
The entire world isn't. Unfortunately too many still are though.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:39 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
This is very true. Even the Easter Bunny is racist against black people.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:40 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,895,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Not to me. I have seen whites thrown out of bars and restaurants for being dick bags. Maybe Starbucks has that culture. I honestly don't know as I dont hang out at Starbucks.
We're not talking about Restaurants or Bars, we're talking about Starbucks, and you've just admitted you don't use Starbucks enough to directly know what the culture is. Yet you sit here and deny actual facts because you see those black men, the same way the bigoted Starbucks employee saw them. Which is why we are here, at this point.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:41 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Because. Don't be lazy and you have seen it answered.

P.S. While things aren't as bad, unfortunately we still have the same problem for many that were experienced 50 years ago and that is unfortunate.

Your argument is no different than the ones from 50 years ago. All they had to do is leave. All she had to do was move to the back. All they have to do is attend their own school.......drink from their own fountain.......know their place.
No two totally different things, you are comparing apples to oranges. These men were not told that black people were not allowed to use the bathroom or allowed to buy coffee there.

I'm not saying Starbucks or the staff bears no blame in what happened. i just don't understand the mentality of being such a cheapskate and tightwad that you would not buy a coffee to use the bathroom or a table at an establishment that asks you to do so. Worry about yourself not the 500 white people who came before you. Life is not fair for anyone. These men chose to be arrested when they could have just left without an arrest for criminal trespass. These men have no shame or self respect. I'd love to see their real estate licenses.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:44 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,895,961 times
Quote:
Blacks do things wrong all the time, Whites do things wrong all the time... No one race has the moral superiority to any other, there's bad people amongst all races. However Blacks are consistently stereotyped (as proven on this board, in life, and at this Starbucks) as being somehow scary, threatening, trouble, and if the police are called then they must absolutely done something worth the warrant. Yep, just being black in America makes you worth the warrant. Proven by your bigotry to socially prosecute these men void of all facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies