Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2018, 09:32 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times

Advertisements

These 2 men never said the reason for their criminal trespassing was because white people are allowed to do it.

Here is the difference. Even if that was true. These white people would buy a coffee or leave when they were told to leave.

You can't commit the crime of criminal trespass because you think other people have gotten away with it in the past, and most likely they didn't. they may have gotten away with loitering, but not with criminal trespass.

Now that they want to sue for money people are coming out of the woodwork and creating new narratives to their story.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:36 PM

Their lawyer is saying an apology is not enough, in other words, show me the money. if Starbucks pays these deadbeats that's when there should be a boycott.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
paying customer vs free loaders. lol not the time to bring up Rosa Parks.
She doesn't know the difference between civil rights pioneers and people who are too cheap to buy a cup of coffee to use the bathroom.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:43 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Just pointing out the logical schizophrenia here. You should NOT be able to call the cops out of racist BS and just have someone arrested unless the police are complicit in the action.

If I called the cops right now about my neighbor whom I miss identify as "some dude lurking near my property" aka walking his dog and they showed up and gunned them down, would the fault be mine or theirs?

Starbucks doesn't want any brand trouble so they folded fast like they should.

Philly's mayor isn't going to take on the Police Department....hell, he'd likely pay off the family if they'd shot the young men, to keep the officer out of jail. (Oh wait that would NEVER happen. )

So lets's separate the argument into.
1) Starbucks may have acted racist.
2) If Starbucks did act racist then why did the police arrest those guys?

Probably because they didn't want to look stupid in front of everyone once they found out the white guy was there to meet with them. So they had to go ahead with the arrest to avoid looking foolish in front of everyone inside the starbucks.

Old 04-15-2018, 11:38 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When others are doing the same, no you should not allow yourself to be singled out.

All they had to do was leave. Despite other customers not being asked.

https://www.history.com/topics/black...ensboro-sit-in
Yep, we've gone from the 1960 Greensboro lunch-counter sit-in to the 2018 Philly #PeeToo Movement.

This analogy to the Greensboro sit-ins is absolutely ridiculous.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:15 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Default Starbucks proves NOTHING will satisfy the modern left

Starbucks has bent over backwards like crazy in recent years to satisfy their liberal yuppie base. They've openly banned guns from all their locations, redesigned the December cups to not evoke Christmas (so Muslims and atheists won't be offended) and now wants to hire 30,000 unvetted refugees who in my opinion shouldn't even be allowed into this country. Yet liberals are STILL calling for a boycott over yet another overblown case that was needlessly made racial.

You also see from the comments from the Starbucks base that they feel entitled to use bathrooms in private busineeses without being customers, and probably are very demanding and difficult customers to deal with if they actually do buy something. There's nothing that says a business even needs to have a public restroom at all even for customers! If a business does provide one that's them being nice not fulfilling some kind of legal obligation. Also the two men in quesiton looked very sketchy and it wasn't because of their skin color, and seemed like the kind of people who would lie about just waiting for someone jsut so they can use the bathroom. And when sketchy people use the bathroom they often vandalize it or do drugs in there. This is why most businesses in the ghetto don't have public bathrooms.

Well Starbucks chose to make their bed with the liberals let them lie in it! IN the meantime, Chick fil A and Hobby Lobby are doing just fine, as is Duck Dynasty.......

Old 04-16-2018, 12:16 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
I have, on occasions, used a restroom without buying anything.

I have also waited at a Starbuck's to meet someone, and without buying anything, because I preferred to buy it when my friend came.

And yet no one said anything, asked me to leave, called the police, arrested me. I'm a white woman. I really cannot imagine this happening to two white realtors, male or female. I wasn't there, but I doubt that there is any conclusion to reach except racism.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:26 AM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Okay......
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-16-2018, 12:28 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times
You forgot when they instructed their employees to invite people to talk about racial issues. Like I want to talk to a lib about racism when I get a quick break from work.

Starbucks cofee is ****ty and overpriced in the first place. Pete's is much better cofee, and even the local 7-11 tastes better.

I honestly hate Starbucks for a lot of reasons, and wish that I could say this is going to make be boycott it, but I don't patronize them in the first place. So this will come and go unnoticed.

As for unvetted "refugees," god bless Donald Trump. The idea that we should be flooding the county with people from wartorn nations that worship a religion that says "kill the infidel besides you," "strike the head and the hand from the unbeliever," and "fight the infidel until the end of time" is absurd. Working out real well for Europe, isn't it? Let them stay where they are an learn their own lessons. Fortunately, we have a human wall in the whitehouse who is keeing America safe:

[SIZE=3]https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...-admissions-77[/SIZE]

Refugee Admissions Plummet to 1,242 in First Month of FY 2018 - Breitbart

Old 04-16-2018, 12:28 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Starbucks has bent over backwards like crazy in recent years to satisfy their liberal yuppie base. They've openly banned guns from all their locations, redesigned the December cups to not evoke Christmas (so Muslims and atheists won't be offended) and now wants to hire 30,000 unvetted refugees who in my opinion shouldn't even be allowed into this country. Yet liberals are STILL calling for a boycott over yet another overblown case that was needlessly made racial.

You also see from the comments from the Starbucks base that they feel entitled to use bathrooms in private busineeses without being customers, and probably are very demanding and difficult customers to deal with if they actually do buy something. There's nothing that says a business even needs to have a public restroom at all even for customers! If a business does provide one that's them being nice not fulfilling some kind of legal obligation. Also the two men in quesiton looked very sketchy and it wasn't because of their skin color, and seemed like the kind of people who would lie about just waiting for someone jsut so they can use the bathroom. And when sketchy people use the bathroom they often vandalize it or do drugs in there. This is why most businesses in the ghetto don't have public bathrooms.

Well Starbucks chose to make their bed with the liberals let them lie in it! IN the meantime, Chick fil A and Hobby Lobby are doing just fine, as is Duck Dynasty.......
Capitalism for the win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies