Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 10:37 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Yes, Really, I guess you don't understand, almost every day on the news, law enforcement stands up and asks people to come forward, they even sometimes offer rewards for the perps, but people have to live in those neighborhoods. Do you know there are more and more people being shot execution style in Philly?

The Gang members know people won't talk, b/c they fear the gangs and criminals will get even....and they would, but someday, they will have had enough, and start talking....way too many of their own kids are being shot by drive byes....

That's not pointing out racism, that is doing what is right....
What does any of this have to do with systemic racism?

Quote:
Pointing out racism are the people who violate laws, and then use racism as an excuse.
If you really believe this, there is no hope for rational discourse on this issue.

Quote:
Now mind you, there are people who are violated wrongfully but there are also other nationalities who are violated, you will never rid the world of crime...but, it's not to the extend that Sharpton would have you believe....I mean think about it, if they wouldn't push it, they'd be out of a job, wouldn't they?

There was a white cop, in Atlanta, who tried to arrest a black prostitute in Atlanta, years ago. So she takes out a knife and starts stabbing the cop, I don't know how many times, and she tried to claim racism....the very next day, Sharpton was there.....

Sheesh
This is nothing but deflection from the very real problem of racism in this country.
There are thousands of examples of actual racism and your clear bias seems to preclude you from seeing them.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:45 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
TigerLily24;51641612]What does any of this have to do with systemic racism?
when someone purposely defies the laws, even defies respect, for others that is not systemic racism, because of skin color....whenever someone doesn't get their way, right away they cry racism, or systemic racism....very bad practice....

Quote:
If you really believe this, there is no hope for rational discourse on this issue.
I guess you haven't seen the changes come about since the Civil War....huh? Change doesn't happen over night, it takes many generations for change....but everyone wants a quick fix, poof, it's all gone.

Quote:
This is nothing but deflection from the very real problem of racism in this country.
There are thousands of examples of actual racism and your clear bias seems to preclude you from seeing them.
deflection, I don't think so....matter of fact, my black church family seems to agree....

Quote:
Welcome to my ignore list.
Thank you....gosh, you put everyone who doesn't agree with you on your ignore list, it'll be a very lonely world. I've seen you write this several times before, psssst, it's fine.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 04-17-2018 at 11:08 AM..

Old 04-17-2018, 11:16 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
when someone purposely defies the laws, even defies respect, for others that is not systemic racism, because of skin color....whenever someone doesn't get their way, right away they cry racism, or systemic racism....very bad practice....
There is NO law that states you can't hang out at a Starbucks.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:33 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkpoop View Post
There is NO law that states you can't hang out at a Starbucks.
Yes there are plenty of laws that do state that. It's called trespassing, you can be asked to leave any private space and if you don't you are violating the law.

That being said, the manager in this case most likely profiled these two guys. Philadelphia has a huge homeless problem and they loiter all over the place. Business should be able to freely remove the homeless form their premises. But the manager here was obviously an idiot who equated black with homeless.

Manager was fired, end of story

Old 04-17-2018, 11:39 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Dude, we were having a solid discussion, you didn't need to jump to this strategy so soon.
Where did anyone say what you just said?

Murder and Rape are a very small percentage of these crime stats that you say show African Americans are criminals. Rich people are less likely to be convicted of these crimes, because white people have more money, and as such will have better representation.
Rape was a silly example, because we already know that Rape is seriously under prosecuted, and there are many high profile cases where white people got away with it (our President, and a past President included).

Violent crimes, especially related to robbery are a sign of desperation. These crimes are almost always tied into poverty.

We as a society can fix these problems. Tying it to color, and ending it there is beyond stupid, and will never accomplish anything.
So it’s societies fault right ? Blacks can’t help themselves and they have to commit crime because they live in poverty ?

What happened to personal responsibility.

This is a weak argument because that would mean all poor people commit crime which isn’t true .

I used the murder and rape argument because they are both very serious crimes and blacks disproportionately commit more .

The problem is people that are in denial and don’t even want to hear the facts .

Which is what we are seeing in this thread .

This doesn’t mean black people are bad but there is a serious problem . It’s not just committing crime but kids growing up without both parents etc .

Again personal responsibility.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:50 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I'm not buying it either. All Philly eating establishments are used to customers of all races, so there had to be something more to this story that is being omitted. They had to do something to put the workers on high alert and for the cops to react.

Waiting to have a business meeting, huh ?
Same here too. Yesterday on my drive to work, the local media on the radio was basically stating that two black males asked to use a Starbuck's bathroom and the cops were called. Didn't make sense to me at all. Knowing all about the media's agenda, I held out to learn more. Sure enough, more came out.

So the truth of the matter is, the cops were called because these two guys were refusing to leave, not because they asked to use the bathroom. I can't count how many places I go in where on the front door there is a sign that reads "Restroom for customers only". So basically what's going on now? Are they going to take that away from business owners now?

I've not read through the 84+ pages on this thread, that would take hours I'm sure. But has anyone chimed in who actually works at Starbucks or knows someone who works there? I've been friends over the past 9 - 10 years with many people who have worked there. In regards to the bathrooms, the bathrooms have been regularly abused at severe levels. A friend of mine who works there has said that on average they have to bring in a outside resource that specializes in human waste decontamination / sanitation. Basically once a week someone(s) will go in and smear their feces on the walls, toilet, sink, etc. etc. And I've also seen this type of activity first hand. I went in to use the restroom when I ordered my drink at like 8:30am. The bathroom was spotless at that time. 45 minutes later, I returned to buy a refill and use the bathroom again, 45 minutes later, and someone had covered the entire toilet (top to bottom, side to side) with diarrhea. Whoever did this also used up two rolls of toilet paper, which was soiled and scattered all around the toilet on the floor. WTF!!!

And this is not just one isolated incident at this particular Starbucks location. The 24 hour Starbucks in San Bruno, CA had an incident where a guy got frustrated and took a dump dead center in the seating area.

So the bathroom is already a touchy situation as Starbucks, not to mention the rising rate of laptop thefts happening there. So yeah, I'm sure someone refusing to leave would have the cops called in short order, I would imagine.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:57 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
So the bathroom is already a touchy situation as Starbucks, not to mention the rising rate of laptop thefts happening there. So yeah, I'm sure someone refusing to leave would have the cops called in short order, I would imagine.
I don't think you have a handle on what actually happened.

http://6abc.com/what-a-witness-says-...?sf186989648=1

Old 04-17-2018, 12:11 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
They had the CEO apologize and the manager got fired .

So is Starbucks still “racist “?

Old 04-17-2018, 12:14 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I watched the video, but the sound quality wasn't great, so I am sure I didn't catch everything. Unless there is more to the story, the response does seem excessive. On the other hand, is it possible that the whole episode could have been avoided if the men had simply told someone at the counter that they were waiting for a friend, and would be ordering when he arrived? I haven't worked at a Starbucks, but I have worked at other food service establishments, and yeah, when people come in and sit for 30 minutes without ordering anything, you do start to wonder why they are there. Then again, a simple "can I get you anything" often answers that question.
And since laptop theft is at a very high rate at coffee shops (Starbucks), I would imagine two guys just sitting around not ordering anything may raise some question.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:20 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
They had the CEO apologize and the manager got fired .

So is Starbucks still “racist “?
Every incident like this is going to be used by BLM and white-guilters for mass protests and to make a lot of noise. The manager was already fired, but for some reason these people think it's a good idea to drag down Starbucks, a bastion of liberalism and left leaning ideals. It's like with race riots where the people burn down their own neighborhoods and stores, makes no sense and hurts them in the long run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies