Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do the deaths of more soldiers mean the Iraq invasion becomes more relevant?
Yes 1 7.69%
No 12 92.31%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Perhaps you failed to notice it wasn't anyone from your so called "anti-Iraq crowd" that made the statement:

"The more soldiers that die, the more relevant our invasion was.. "

Sounds more like it's you and your kind who welcome more deaths under the inane delusion that it will somehow give relevance and credibility to your misguided hatreds and fear mongering.
I'll note that "my kind" has sit here here with your hatred for "my kind".
"my kind" also has to deal with your fear mongering for.. "my kind".

I'm glad you can accuse others of making ilrelevant attacks and lies while you sit here and make up lies (like "welcoming more deaths")while making attacks youreself.. ahh yes.. "my kind"...

Last edited by pghquest; 03-27-2008 at 03:20 PM..

Old 03-27-2008, 03:27 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Perhaps you failed to notice it wasn't anyone from your so called "anti-Iraq crowd" that made the statement:

"The more soldiers that die, the more relevant our invasion was.. "

Sounds more like it's you and your kind who welcome more deaths under the inane delusion that it will somehow give relevance and credibility to your misguided hatreds and fear mongering.
Okay, Burdell. Put up or shut up time. What's your solution? Yank 'em all out and turn tail? Helicopter on the embassy rooftop? Kick off the last few refugees and then cut off all aid, and spend the rest of your life hating America?

You and your side are so infected with hatred for the administration that it has made you into vindictive jackals, pouncing on each new report of American deaths as somehow proving your point that Iraq is a dangerous place that we should run away from.

The grief that the families of our soldiers feel is real. It is not the product of outrage and self-loathing like you on the left. The only amelioration for them is the confidence that their sons and daughters died honorably in service to their country. Each time you mock that service, each time you mendaciously point to isolated incidents like Abu Ghraib as characteristic of the American military, each time you take the enemy's side and clamor for our capitulation to evil, you strike at the grief of these families and the faith they have in our country.

Bush and Cheney will be gone from the scene in a matter of months, but the mission our fighting men and women pursue will continue into the future. Must they be opposed not only by the cowardly murderers who hide in the shadows and use women and children as human shields, but also by your vindictive need to take vengeance on your political enemies here at home?

Soon this war will become McCain's war. Or Hillary's. Or Obama's. When they come to the realization that this is not a game and needs to be fought out to the end, how will you then turn the situation into hatred for them, hatred springing from your own impatience and lack of support for our forces?

How about it? Fill us in with your strategic plan.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:32 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Okay, Burdell. Put up or shut up time. What's your solution? Yank 'em all out and turn tail? Helicopter on the embassy rooftop? Kick off the last few refugees and then cut off all aid, and spend the rest of your life hating America?

You and your side are so infected with hatred for the administration that it has made you into vindictive jackals, pouncing on each new report of American deaths as somehow proving your point that Iraq is a dangerous place that we should run away from.

The grief that the families of our soldiers feel is real. It is not the product of outrage and self-loathing like you on the left. The only amelioration for them is the confidence that their sons and daughters died honorably in service to their country. Each time you mock that service, each time you mendaciously point to isolated incidents like Abu Ghraib as characteristic of the American military, each time you take the enemy's side and clamor for our capitulation to evil, you strike at the grief of these families and the faith they have in our country.

Bush and Cheney will be gone from the scene in a matter of months, but the mission our fighting men and women pursue will continue into the future. Must they be opposed not only by the cowardly murderers who hide in the shadows and use women and children as human shields, but also by your vindictive need to take vengeance on your political enemies here at home?

Soon this war will become McCain's war. Or Hillary's. Or Obama's. When they come to the realization that this is not a game and needs to be fought out to the end, how will you then turn the situation into hatred for them, hatred springing from your own impatience and lack of support for our forces?

How is it "turning tail" when we have no compelling reason to be there? What is there to "win"? America for Americans. Leave the rest of the world to collapse on its own, without our interference.

I have a problem ANY TIME our government uses the military for POLITICAL purposes.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:02 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
How is it "turning tail" when we have no compelling reason to be there?
"Okay, Al Qaeda. We're leaving. You may kill at will, since we have no compelling reason to be here any longer. Ta-ta." Go ahead. YOU tell the world that. But keep in mind that the word includes people who do not watch PBS or read The Nation.

Quote:
What is there to "win"? America for Americans. Leave the rest of the world to collapse on its own, without our interference.
Right. Because we are not involved with the rest of the world -- culturally, politically, or economically. I forgot.

Since when?

Quote:
I have a problem ANY TIME our government uses the military for POLITICAL purposes.
News to you: it has never done otherwise.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:42 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'll note that "my kind" has sit here here with your hatred for "my kind".
"my kind" also has to deal with your fear mongering for.. "my kind".
Don't flatter yourself, hatred requires far more energy than I'd be willing to expend on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm glad you can accuse others of making ilrelevant attacks and lies while you sit here and make up lies (like "welcoming more deaths")while making attacks youreself.. ahh yes.. "my kind"...

Accuse? No, I'm not accusing, I'm saying flat out as FACT that claiming people who oppose the Iraq war welcome American deaths are lying pissants who can't defend their views sensibly and resort to lying crap. YOU are the one who's continually made comments about what you think you've read rather than what's been written. If you want to see who's making up lies find a MIRROR.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:

WHAT does what you quoted have to do with a SOLUTION to ANYTHING?

Put up or shut up? Let the Uptighty-Righty Wackos who attempt to claim anyone opposing the Iraq war welcomes the deaths of Americans PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

LET THOSE WACKOS DOCUMENT THEIR ASININE CLAIMS OR SHUT UP!

WHAT's YOUR solution? Kill MORE Americans to mystically make the war more "relevant"?

Old 03-27-2008, 08:54 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
WHAT's YOUR solution? Kill MORE Americans to mystically make the war more "relevant"?
If you were in charge - what exactly, and how, would you do?

Old 03-27-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:

What's YOURS?

I never cliamed to have one in this thread, did I? But I know you don't have to know how to cook to know you've been served a bad meal. n And if you'd been paying attention you'd see what I've taken exception to is the concept of more soldiers dying making the war "more re;evant" and some Uptighty-Righty Wacko accusation that anyone oipposing the war welcomes more American deaths.

The TOS prevent me from properly labeling that accusation but let me describe it as NOTHING BUT what comes out the end of a male bovine farthest from its nose.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
If you were in charge - what exactly, and how, would you do?

I wouldn't have gone into Iraq in the first place when 9/11 made other targets higher priority. And since we allegedly prevailed almost 5 full years ago I would be given the Iraqis notice that it was time to fight for themselves or the chips fall where they fall. I'm interested in America, screw Iraq.

And you're missing the point.

I take exception to comments made that more American deaths make the war more relevant.

And I REALLY take exception to baseless, mindless, inane, senseless, asinine, BS accusations that anyone opposed to the war welcomes more American deaths.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:15 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
OK, let's bring this down a notch or three on the heat scale.

I'm close to closing this one out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies