Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 10:49 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Haley should resign AND run in 2020. She may just get my vote IF she doesn't end up being either of the two extremes, an H. Clinton or a S. Palin.
She only gets compared against female candidates? That's unfortunate. Kudos to another poster who compared her to Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 10:50 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
She only gets compared against female candidates? That's unfortunate.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:52 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Anyone who shows a shred of competence is voted off the island. Ironically, just like the real Survivor. The reality show continues.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:54 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,124,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I'd vote for Nikki Haley in a heartbeat. She's a lot more intelligent and articulate than Donald Trump.
She's the female Dick Cheney.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:57 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Trump is allowed to change his mind whenever he wants.
Haley is a nothing and has no say over any of this.
We can't have sanctions on Russia with Trump around, now can we?

Old 04-18-2018, 11:02 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,070,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
She only gets compared against female candidates? That's unfortunate. Kudos to another poster who compared her to Trump.
I believe she can beat Trump. Wasn't trying to compare her to only female candidate (although I did). My point was that since the last two serious female contenders had some real outstanding issues I'd not want Haley to be either of those two extremes. Haley is about her business and since she is standing up to the WH on their bluff she got my attention front and center. Her record has usually been no BS but since this Administration is in total shambles we need to get back on track and as of late her name is the more serious of all the names mentioned that can challenge Trump.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:12 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Yes--hearing that turn of phrase made me think about how men demean women by implying or flat out saying they are too stupid to know what they are saying
Like Trump has a clue when he opens his mouth what will come out...
It is mysogynistic and immediately sets my hackles up--totally to be expected from a WH with people like The "good ol' boys of the GOP --all men who don't respect women who have the nerve to challenge them in some way
Haley has made statements that wandered off the reservation before but I don' think the critique was quite this petty and designed to cut off any sense of her authority or role...
But he said "With all due respect..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVTpCViyUwM

Old 04-18-2018, 11:17 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,569,336 times
It would seem that Haley doesn't like to be made to look like a fool (by the words and actions of real fools).

Old 04-18-2018, 11:20 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH86 View Post
Trump Getting Rid of Haley would actually be a very good thing. One thing That Trump was right about during the campaign was the need to focus on Americans instead of foreign interests. We don't need even More globalism which Haley represents.
So you are good with China taking the place of the United States as the world leader, especially in the areas of human rights and economics? We need more countries like China out there than the US? We need China dictating economic and trade terms to the rest of the world? We need the world to start basing all economic trade on the Yuan instead of the Dollar?

Old 04-18-2018, 11:22 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,803,324 times
I think she will come out clean from this sewer even if she stays. Leaving would likely cost her politically.

Therefore, she should not quit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies