Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 11:23 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,483,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
She's the female Dick Cheney.
She shot her hunting partner? I must have missed that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 11:26 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,483,261 times
At this stage of the game, Alfred E Neuman would be an upgrade to the displayed idiocy of the current White house gang of keystone cops.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:33 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,213,988 times
I think she is safe. Swamp rat first class Kudlow was forced to grovel before her for his remarks. She may resign when she gets it that Trump is owned by Putin, but otherwise they won't dump her.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:03 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,117,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
She shot her hunting partner? I must have missed that one.
Socially moderate-to-liberal with an exceptionally interventionist, neoconservative foreign policy.

Old 04-18-2018, 03:02 PM

655 posts, read 1,060,321 times
While it seems like most people are on Nikki's side, I was watching the interview live and curious as to why she would say that Sec Mnuchin will be annoucing the sanction on Monday IF he hasn't already. I would presume in her position that she would not get ahead of the Treasury sec public statements & should have been able to confirm this before she went on the air and if she couldn't (say they both were expected to do the round of the Sunday AM talk shows) she should not have said it.

Dare I say the White House could have been right about her confusion.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:20 PM

8,379 posts, read 4,363,801 times
"I don't get confused."

You go girl.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:27 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,255,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
She's the female Dick Cheney.
I'm not a big fan of war hawks, but this woman is much more intelligent and has a lot more going for than Dick Cheney. Plus she has a personality and experience governing, which Cheney sorely lacked.

She's going to be running in 2020, and if she ditches Trump soon, she has a chance.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:38 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,117,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I'm not a big fan of war hawks, but this woman is much more intelligent and has a lot more going for than Dick Cheney. Plus she has a personality and experience governing, which Cheney sorely lacked.

She's going to be running in 2020, and if she ditches Trump soon, she has a chance.
No. More. Neocons.

From the left:

Nikki Haley: Neocon Heartthrob | Common Dreams

At 'neo-con central' Ambassador Nikki Haley lies through her teeth about Iran and the nuclear deal | Daily Kos

From the right:

Why Is Nikki Haley Still Trump’s UN Ambassador? | The American Conservative

2020: Neocon Nikki Haley Versus A Neutered Donald Trump?

From the NY Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/w...sanctions.html

Quote:
In Republican circles, she is a favorite of neoconservatives and national security hawks like Senators John McCain of Arizona and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, but viewed skeptically by the more isolationist wing that sees Mr. Trump as a champion. Among Democrats, she has respect from those who see her as a voice of reason and scorn from others who see her as overly combative.

Nikki Haley is a neocon in her view,” said Representative Ro Khanna, Democrat of California. “Basically, she’s a parrot for the McCain-Lindsey Graham worldview of ‘Let’s go bomb Iran, let’s go fight another cold war with Russia, let’s go use force around the world.’”

Old 04-18-2018, 05:45 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,849,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

I hope so...lived in SC when she was Governor....

she doesn't get mixed up or confused.....

Old 04-18-2018, 05:48 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,002,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I hope so...lived in SC when she was Governor....

she doesn't get mixed up or confused.....
That was such a sexist thing to do -- to dismiss what she said as her being confused....instead of saying...the Administration re-evaluated, changed its policy & was wrong not to inform Nikki Halye-- blah blah.

Instead , this man, tried to dismiss her.

You don't dismiss Haley -- you just don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies