Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 01:47 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,595,268 times

Advertisements

good for them.
reading this article, what they're having to put up with is unreal.. just to be able to operate a restaurant..

Quote:
Dong said he takes precautions while driving home at night.

“If there's a car directly behind me … when I'm driving home and I reach my neighborhood, I won't turn," he said. "I'll keep going. I'm so nervous that they're following me, I won't risk leading them to my family. I'll keep driving until there is no one there.

“I tell my family to keep an eye out during the day."

After Zheng's death, Dong said he installed a steel-plated panic room in his house. His children are instructed to bolt themselves behind the reenforced door in case of an attack.

Chinese business owners in Triangle turn to guns to protect against robberies | The Herald Sun
the murder of hong zheng they mention multiple times in the article is here:
Quote:
His family said the April 15 fatal shooting was the fifth time individuals had broken into or attempted to break into their home since November 2015.
Police arrest suspect in killing of Chinese restaurant owner in Durham | The Herald Sun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 06:14 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,240,346 times
Yep, hood rats behaving badly. Glad to see the restaurant owners fighting back.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:25 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,972,989 times
Cash business having a gun behind the counter is hardly news. It’s certaunly not politics, nor is it particularly controversial.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:46 PM

40,954 posts, read 49,228,814 times
There were a gang doing home invasions in our area of Indian families since they are known to keep large amounts of Gold and not have firearms in their homes.

The best advice given them is to stop leaving your shoes at your front door which was a sure sign of an Asian household.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:48 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,124,985 times
Asians are more American than most Americans.

Old 05-08-2018, 07:29 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,386,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Cash business having a gun behind the counter is hardly news. It’s certaunly not politics, nor is it particularly controversial.
Did you read the story?

His house was broken into 5 times prior to him being killed.

I thought we paid for police protection? Where were the government gumshoes at in this case?

The public sector disappoints once again. I'm glad they are starting their own private gun group.

Old 05-08-2018, 07:58 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,124,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Did you read the story?

I thought we paid for police protection? Where were the government gumshoes at in this case?

The public sector disappoints once again. I'm glad they are starting their own private gun group.
Shooting dogs, busting pot smokers, and sexually molesting people during traffic stops.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:04 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,404,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There were a gang doing home invasions in our area of Indian families since they are known to keep large amounts of Gold and not have firearms in their homes.

The best advice given them is to stop leaving your shoes at your front door which was a sure sign of an Asian household.
Most of us leave them just INSIDE the door.

Old 05-08-2018, 09:20 PM

29,525 posts, read 22,688,988 times
This is no doubt a form of hate crime, and it's no secret that Asians in America are specifically targeted by some elements for violent crime (perception of being weak, having money, easy pickings, etc.).

But as Asians being targeted and victimized doesn't fit the media portrayal of 'hate crimes,' it will never be acknowledged as such, and swept under the rug.

Old 05-08-2018, 10:13 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,401,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Did you read the story?

It was better before liberals decided to weaken police powers for purposes of "minority rights"; weakening which leads to more crime like murder. Heavy handed policing works.

Your vision of "government protection" being legitimate is to staff a cop with him at all times?

How about, instead, we give the go ahead to oppress high crime groups until they go the **** away. We don't need them and don't want them. We were fine, the murder rate was fine, and the cops could handle crime before the new liberalism.

Its more or less Andy Griffith time in the US without them.

Second choice, you live with the moderate government that you have. You pick. You offer extremism, and I offer moderation. If you don't take that offer, then you might get the kind of extremism that you don't want.

In reality, I'm busting your chops with a hypothetical choice to show you he sense of political moderation.

I'm doing so because of your never ending off topic trolling for your libertarianism, which is both rude and annoying when we are attempting to discuss other things on this forum. Its ruining he tone of every thread, and it often derails them.

I know that your avowed politics are a cover, or rather a strategy, born from your fear of Right Wing Whites.

It's not only a waste of time, but trust me when I say that you, as a "colored" (paraphrasing you) man, don't want a stateless condition here in the United States. Stricter border politics are not going to threaten you. Actual statelessness would. A lack of laws would. Politics in this nation flex, breathe, an change, but they do so under the restrictions of the law and the constitution. As long as that is the case, everyone is safe (Whites, Blacks, and everyone else). As soon as that isn't the case, then no one is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies