Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 08:32 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,290,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
They are all owed due process. In fact, law and treatites REQUIRES they have due process. If they don't qualify, obviously they are not admitted permanently into the country.
What is that process?! That's what I want to know. Can anyone can walk up to the border, literally get in line at the Tijuana garita, walk in to the BP building and say "Hi my name is Juancho Panzagorda" and they are whisked away to a special refugee processing line? Or do they have to file paperwork through their own government, and go through some vetting process before they are given approval? If it's the former, then why don't hundreds of thousands of people just walk up to the border and do the same? There are thousands of Haitians imst the Mexican border right now, they can't cross. Why do they do the same?

Even this cry me a river article makes the clear that they are entering illegally.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...uprisings-acr/

Quote:
Mrs. Pelosi said there may be “uprisings” over children who are separated at the U.S. southern border when asylum seekers decide not to arrive at a proper checkpoint.
It's a horrible thing that when people break the law, they arrested and then separated from their children? This happens everywhere, since forever, is it backwards day?

Old 06-15-2018, 08:33 AM

36,588 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The first safe country is a EU rule, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with North America.
We aren't under the same international treaty?
"According to the agreements, refugees who can reach a "safe country" have the right to be given shelter and granted asylum in that country. Countries signing the treaties agree never to return a refugee to a country where he or she fears persecution."

At any rate weather or not there is a first country agreement, that fact that people are traveling through one or two safe countries to get to the US should be a big clue that these people are not in dire straights and need of asylum. They done passed up an asylum or two. What's up with that. If I were fleeing for my life I would run straight into the arms of the very first asylum I came to and be grateful.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:33 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,603,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I am not disputing the right to asylum. I even made that distinction in my comment, they aren't recognized as asylum seekers... because they don't qualify. That little detail is pretty clear and important but you choose to be dense about it and keep churning this thing.

Qualified refugees entering the country are not separated from their children.

Yes they are, and THAT is the issue.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:38 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,290,182 times
Quote:
[/b]

Yes they are, and THAT is the issue.
Every article I have seen states they entered illegally. Please show me where QUALIFIED refugees are being separated.

The Sessions statement is specific about those breaking the law/entering illegally, which is what started this thread.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Every article I have seen states they entered illegally. Please show me where QUALIFIED refugees are being separated.

The Sessions statement is specific about those breaking the law/entering illegally, which is what started this thread.
Look the references have been shown many times in this thread.

See my post 1131 here.

Please try and keep up. That link is from the Department of Homeland Security. No Fox news spin, just the facts.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I'm against illegal immigration. I'm not even a fan of legal immigration to be honest.

But what the Republicans are doing in the name of Trump here is absolutely abhorrent and evil. You do not separate families. We should not be changing our rules to do so. This is evil. I'd rather have open borders then to act in this manner.

We need to keep these families together, and remove them from our country together. No justification that people have made in this thread is worth acting in this manner.
And when millions of illegal families were free to go about as they pleased while they awaited a hearing they disappeared to live and work illegally in the US never showing up for said hearing.
There are consequences for peoples actions.

This is not something new under the Trump administration. Sessions and this administration just implemented a zero tolerance policy in which every person crossing illegally will be prosecuted. When a US citizen is arrested or being prosecuted and detained their children are also taken from them. Have you been advocating for keeping US families together when a parent or parents violated the law?

Old 06-15-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Look the references have been shown many times in this thread.

See my post 1131 here.

Please try and keep up. That link is from the Department of Homeland Security. No Fox news spin, just the facts.
That link outlines refugee policy. It does not show instances of QUALIFIED refugees being separated from their family.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:15 AM

2,559 posts, read 2,223,582 times
I have to think that most of these illegals aren't COMPLETE imbeciles. They must know by now what the policies are regarding families.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
all those posts, all those words and you have still failed to explain how it is ok to separate children from their parents /sigh
If you violate the law, are detained awaiting prosecution will your children be separated from you? If you put your child in danger, your child will be separated from you. This happens daily here in the US.
Children are taken from parents for leaving them unattended for a few hours, for spanking them, for possession of drugs, for drinking, for having a dirty house, for violating laws.
Parents have a choice and free will to properly care for their children. There are consequences for ones actions and if you care enough about your own children you do not put your family in position to be separated.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And when millions of illegal families were free to go about as they pleased while they awaited a hearing they disappeared to live and work illegally in the US never showing up for said hearing.
There are consequences for peoples actions.

This is not something new under the Trump administration. Sessions and this administration just implemented a zero tolerance policy in which every person crossing illegally will be prosecuted. When a US citizen is arrested or being prosecuted and detained their children are also taken from them. Have you been advocating for keeping US families together when a parent or parents violated the law?
USA is the ONLY country in the world that separates asylum seeker parents from their children.

The ONLY country. And it does so contrary to international law. That's the stuff the Nuremberg Trials convicted people for, and "just following orders" is not an excuse.

Proud to be an 'Murican?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies