Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 09:41 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,308,171 times

Advertisements

If Trump has changed his position it is because Republican House members from competive districts are literally begging him to do so.

With 66% of voters opposing the policy nationally, it was political suicide to continue it through the 2018 Congressional Campaign.

3,085 posts, read 1,554,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
He didn't resist, he falsely claimed it was the Democrats who caused the separations to happen in the first place. What he's 70 years late in learning is to tell the damn truth!
Well since the ninth circuit court of appeals had to order the Obama administration to stop detaining children, some which were unaccompanied minors and some were children taken from their families at the border, for no longer than 20 days, the truth that democratic and republican administrations have been doing the same thing for yrs seems to be in short supply by the left.
Did you hear Obamas head of immigration talk about how they use to deport children and their parents separately? They probably never found each other. And the left thinks that Trump is so bad.

19,573 posts, read 8,536,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Immigration reform has yet to pass in Congress, because both sides are far apart and neither side wants to compromise. So it's unlikely that any bill--the one the Democrats introduced or the one the Republicans introduced--is going to go anywhere.

But Trump doesn't need a bill in order to end this policy. We all know this already. Now will he use it as an excuse not to do anything if Congress doesn't pass something? Probably. And will the cult believe him? Oh, undoubtedly. They have decided they will believe anything that comes from his mouth even before he opens it.

But the rest of the country will recognize it for the lie that it is.

It's in Trump's hands. He owns it. And he has right from the start. Only the cult believes otherwise.
Narrow legislation is being voted on in the House and Senate to enable the LEGAL resolution of this issue. Narrow as in JUST the issues that pertain to keeping the families of illegal aliens together who are caught in the act of violating our laws and illegally entering our country.

Do you object to that?

If so, the reason is obviously that you and the Democrats would prefer to continue to see these people and specifically these children suffer so that you and the Democrats can try to politicize it for some sort of selfish political advantage. Crying children who have been separated from their children, be damned.

So there will be a vote to solve all of this, without all of the other immigration issues being addressed in the legislation. Very narrow.

Are the Democrats in the Senate going to oppose the permanent legislative resolution of this issue by Congress? We will see, probably by tomorrow.

764 posts, read 235,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
YOU ALL believed in the availability of cheap labor to the extent that for decades you virtually invited them to enter. YOU ALL only really became concerned when your economy tanked and job competition picked up.

Rigid enactment and enforcement of E-Verify was defeated through lack of inertia from BOTH parties.

YOU ARE ALL to blame. Stop with the Liberal this and that nonsense.
This is the truth....... The solution is complete border security AND positive identification.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:43 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,057,902 times
Quote:
YOU ALL believed in the availability of cheap labor to the extent that for decades you virtually invited them to enter. YOU ALL only really became concerned when your economy tanked and job competition picked up.

Rigid enactment and enforcement of E-Verify was defeated through lack of inertia from BOTH parties.

YES!!!!!!!!! Thank you.

This immigration problem is created by everyone everywhere.

It just didn't pop up one day.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:43 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,095,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Roadside arrest. Kids in car. Just to name one.
Nope, sorry. The first priority would be finding another family member or friend to take them in, or they would go into temporary foster care. There is no misdemeanor that would require family separation, and certainly not long-term or permanent separation. Furthermore, someone is not typically arrested for a misdemeanor crime. There would have to be something more serious than speeding or running a stop sign to get someone arrested in their car.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:44 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,740,584 times
How is Trump backing down when he expressly asked Congress to act and send a bill to his desk that he could sign that would put an end to a policy that he didn't start?

22,974 posts, read 27,043,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
So why can't any defender of this answer the below:

Trump and his supporters have long contended that Obama was very weak on immigration enforcement. That during his presidency, the borders were wide open and "illegals" were flooding across unchecked. Isn't that the entire reasoning for the border wall??

So if that is true, how is it possible that Obama was mandating the same tough, zero-tolerance standards that Trump is now?

Either the lie is that Obama was weak on the border, or the lie is that both administrations had the same policies in place. It cannot be both, as they directly contradict each other. So which is it?

Which Trump supporter is going to answer this?
Not a "Trump Supporter" but I'll give it a go anyway. He was soft on Immigration in many aspects. 1. Catch and Release.
2. DACA.
3.Preventing ICE raids. shall I go on?
I'm not saying Obama was any better or worse than his predecessors, he certainly was no worse than "W." who was very weak on Illegals...

21,487 posts, read 10,600,571 times
Quote:

Stop with this YOU ALL business. Very few individual citizens asked the government to allow this for decades. Most individuals have wanted something done about it for years. And when we want something that Canada has had for years, we are accused of being racists. Just wait, your country will probably be in this same situation in a few years.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:45 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,430,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
ABSOLUTELY! Remember the pictures of the Syrian Refugees, they were all men, standing there holding up babies????? They know that gets a reaction from Americans...and, they use it to get in....

Why there were no women, in that photo...and all I wondered is, if there are so many refugees, why aren't they fighting back? Didn't make sense, did it?

But yeah, you are right on target with this....

yanno, what I've noticed, most of the people arguing this, are speaking with emotion/anger/frustration, b/c the media made this whole issue out to be inhuman....and it worked...and that's how you control people using television....which was predicted would happen many years ago.

Another point, is, that these people buying this, really don't know much about past history, they are seeing brief photos, and reading headlines, and listening to the liberal media. I mean think about how scary that is, and these people vote? Yet, there is no concept of what is REALLY going on out there?

Yes, it is so embarrassing during the "refugee crisis" in Europe that the vast, vast majority of the "refugees" always seemed to be young men under 40. Same with the "refugee boats" from Africa.

So basically these men are leaving their women and kids behind in a war zone? Fleeing to allow their women to become sex slaves and servants of an invading army? THAT'S what Europe thinks its needs? Men who would do something like that?

But anyway, the media always manages to find the one pic of the old woman or the kids, though, because they know people are suckers. Just like how they exploited that kid who died trying to get from Turkey to Europe. That kids family was safe in Turkey and then the parents paid to go to Europe for benefits. That one kid led to the opening of the borders. Since then, how many thousands of women have been raped, and how many people have died because of the problems those fake ass refugees brought with them?

All because people traded THINKING and GOOD POLICY for HEART and FEELINGS.

Enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies