Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 12:02 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Another loving idea and process brought to you by a white American Christian male. Praise Jeezus ya'll!

Why do people believe being a Christian is only about love and giving and benevolence? There is quite a lot of verse about law and battle/property/boundaries and punishment.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why do people believe being a Christian is only about love and giving and benevolence? There is quite a lot of verse about law and battle/property/boundaries and punishment.
I think most people who resort to the passive-aggressive 'isn't that Christian' argument do so because a) they have no reasonable argument and b) they're mocking Christians.

The fact that they think this is even an argument shows how ignorant they are on the topic.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:36 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Good luck finding fruits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS0coCmXiYU

Quote:
Good luck finding vegetables.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_auYJDmw_k

Quote:
Good luck getting lawn service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vLQlmz7bII

Old 05-09-2018, 12:39 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think most people who resort to the passive-aggressive 'isn't that Christian' argument do so because a) they have no reasonable argument and b) they're mocking Christians.

The fact that they think this is even an argument shows how ignorant they are on the topic.

IIRC, the person talking about "white Christians" belongs to one of those "refugee resettlement" churches where the church gets tons of money from the government (because they can't get it through private donations because nobody supports their mission).... then flys around the world spending tons of money wastefully to bring refugees to the United States (instead of helping more closer to the refugee's homes).... and THEN dump the refugees onto social services where they live for years off social services.

Meanwhile, the church goes out, gets more government money, and continues the "third world to US tax payer tit" pipeline while patting themselves on the back.

So basically that's the kind of insanity you're dealing with. Pay no attention to the criticisms of those types of people.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:41 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Good to see your racism in the open. Always best to know from the getgo.
Dude, I'm white as white can be. But I'm not afraid to be self critical and aware.

I know not all of us are like that.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

There are many reasonable arguments against what Sessions wants to do and they've been presented here by posters who have more patience than I do.

I'm not ignorant on the topic of Christianity. That would be Sessions and those Christians who believe what he wants to do is right.

FYI:

Quote:
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
IIRC, the person talking about "white Christians" belongs to one of those "refugee resettlement" churches where the church gets tons of money from the government (because they can't get it through private donations because nobody supports their mission).... then flys around the world spending tons of money wastefully to bring refugees to the United States (instead of helping more closer to the refugee's homes).... and THEN dump the refugees onto social services where they live for years off social services.

Meanwhile, the church goes out, gets more government money, and continues the "third world to US tax payer tit" pipeline while patting themselves on the back.

So basically that's the kind of insanity you're dealing with. Pay no attention to the criticisms of those types of people.
No you don't remember correctly at all.

My church helps all those who come to us.

We don't fly around the world. We help those who are in our community already.

Get it straight or don't speak.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:53 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Dude, I'm white as white can be. But I'm not afraid to be self critical and aware.
Your comment "Another loving idea and process brought to you by a white American Christian male. Praise Jeezus ya'll!' was extremely bigoted. You insulted whites, Americans, Christians, and males.

Quote:
I know not all of us are like that.
Yes bigotry has different levels. Yours had four. Kudos to you for setting the bar high.

This is about an illegal act. Period.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
There are many reasonable arguments against what Sessions wants to do and they've been presented here by posters who have more patience than I do.

I'm not ignorant on the topic of Christianity. That would be Sessions and those Christians who believe what he wants to do is right.

FYI:

So just as many have long suspected - you post just to post and argue just to argue.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Your comment "Another loving idea and process brought to you by a white American Christian male. Praise Jeezus ya'll!' was extremely bigoted. You insulted whites, Americans, Christians, and males.
And white Christian males insult me as a woman, my best friend as a gay man, another best friend as a single mother, etc.

Quote:
Yes bigotry has different levels. Yours had four. Kudos to you for setting the bar high.

This is about an illegal act. Period.
Call me whatever the heck you want. Really don't care. I am sick to DEATH of the crap white male Christians put the rest of us through.

Sessions wants to pull families apart. PERIOD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies