Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 04:43 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Nope. That poster is wrong.

And so are you.

FACT.

Post your so-called facts to the contrary then! Here's the facts!

H-2A (Agricultural) and H-2B (Non-agricultural) Temporary Labor | Banking Business Corporate immigration Attorneys Meyner and Landis LLP Newark, New Jersey Cable Telecommunications Commercial Transactions Lawyer NJ

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...ltural-workers

Old 05-09-2018, 05:10 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What's immoral or unethical about enforcing our immigration laws?

Nothing. The immorality is splitting children from parents. Other countries seem to be able to deal with this, but the USA can't? Other countries, like Jordan, not a Christian nation, but a Muslim one. Other countries like Canada, not a Christian nation, but secular one.

Wonder why the USA can't figure out how to be compassionate? Religion perhaps? Or something else?

Old 05-09-2018, 05:15 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Nothing. The immorality is splitting children from parents. Other countries seem to be able to deal with this, but the USA can't? Other countries, like Jordan, not a Christian nation, but a Muslim one. Other countries like Canada, not a Christian nation, but secular one.

Wonder why the USA can't figure out how to be compassionate? Religion perhaps? Or something else?
The families are choosing to be split. They know the potential results of illegally entering, so it is the families making this choice.

If I rob a bank today and get caught, I will be separated from my family when I am in prison; do you think that is fair?

The US is very compassionate, it allows many immigrants in a year, a lot of my family has immigrated including my wife.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The families are choosing to be split. They know the potential results of illegally entering, so it is the families making this choice.

If I rob a bank today and get caught, I will be separated from my family when I am in prison; do you think that is fair?

The US is very compassionate, it allows many immigrants in a year, a lot of my family has immigrated including my wife.
You didn't answer how Canada, Germany and Jordan can keep families together, but the USA won't. Why do they have compassion and the USA doesn't?

Old 05-09-2018, 05:29 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
You didn't answer how Canada, Germany and Jordan can keep families together, but the USA won't. Why do they have compassion and the USA doesn't?

And you never answered why you're so interested if you live in Canada.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:42 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,005 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with our borders and immigration laws. This is a strawman.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:48 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
As I stated, the US has lots of compassion, the US admits many immigrants a year, and remains one of the top destinations in the world for legal, and illegal, immigrants. If the potential immigrants, legal and illegal, do not like it, they are free to go somewhere else.

You did not respond to me; I rob a bank, I go to prison, thus separated from my family; where is the compassion? Do you think I should not be in prison?

The US needs to step up and stop not enforcing its immigration laws, and it starts first with deterring people from breaking them in the first place. It is not even remotely close to fair for all those legal immigrants who did abide the laws, and many more who are waiting or who have been denied immigration/entry into the US. And yes, I have several family members to this day who have been constantly denied a tourist visa for visiting the US.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Here's an article that shows how many countries are building or have built walls to keep out illegals.

How 65 countries have erected security walls on their borders | Daily Mail Online

Oh, and as for Jordan...they're building a wall fully funded by us.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
And you never answered why you're so interested if you live in Canada.
I am a humanitarian, and that has no borders. I care what happens to humans, no matter where they live. I find it incongruous that the country (the USA), which wants to present itself as a champion of human rights and freedom, continues to have laws an policies which cause it to have the highest prison population in the world (more than China which has 3 times the population), and the highest by far per capita prison population.

Do you really think the USA is that much more prone to criminality, or do you think maybe the laws are wrong? Think about this... dictatorships world wide have less people in prison. Never mind other first world countries.

What's wrong with US laws? Or is it less humanitarian?

Old 05-09-2018, 06:26 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,005 times
What's wrong with the laws is we are not enforcing them. Then potential illegal aliens would know that they have will have a very hard time entering and living within the country. This way they won't risk putting themselves and children in danger of being separated or worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies