Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 07:59 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Fair point.

So, back to my questions. Where is the humanity in separating children from their parent? Other countries don't do that, why must the USA be less humanitarian than those other countries?

We have been and look where it got us, ignored, taken advantage of and our own house suffers for it. It did nothing to deter people from crossing the border illegally, it actually encouraged them because they knew if they had kid in tow they would get to cross over and stay.
There comes a time when laws are consistently ignored and mocked that one has to resort to strict punishment that will deter the behavior. In child rearing we call it tough love.

I'm going to guess other countries that don't have strict illegal immigration policy will soon find their selves in the situation the US has or worse and will eventually implement such if necessary.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:59 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
What is the source of your assertion?

What I found is exactly the opposite. In fact, the US GDP would fall in to recession if all were to leave.
And the most comprehensive recent study, by the prestigious Center for Immigration Studies.

https://www.jec.senate.gov/public/_c...timony-new.pdf

The synopsis can be read here if you don't want to read the entire testimony.
https://www.cornellrooseveltinstitut...migration.html
Wow, using that logic you'd think States would be fighting over them huh. Each one is like another bill gates.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:01 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
It is different.

Just like the analogy between government and business sucks. Two different things.
It's only different to those that refuse to see that it's not.

You've made the claim that it's different. How EXACTLY is it different? Size? Scope? Liberal bias? I'm serious, explain to me in detail how this is different.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
This black and white thinking will be the death of this country.

That is why I will continue to encourage my children to immigrate to another country as soon as they can.
Oh, puhleeeeez keep us posted on their attempt to immigrate. I think they will be quite shocked at how difficult and expensive it is.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
You are well aware most of those families work, pay taxes and contribute to society in a very short order.
You've made the claim. Please show me the proof that they work, pay taxes and contribute in VERY SHORT ORDER.

My family lives in a city that has embraced many refugees, and they are NOT contributing, many years after arriving here. They are still a drain on resources and taxes.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:08 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,500 times
Say what you will and think how you like, to have a poor innocent child watch their parents being taken away leaving them children to strangers is one of the most despicable inhumane things for humans to do to one another. Shame on anyone that does this and goes home at night to their family.
"First they came for -----and I didn't speak out,Then they came for-------and I didn't speak out, then they came for me.
We humans get to comfortable in our own circumstance believing nothing like this could ever happen to them but, no one knows the future do they?

Old 05-10-2018, 08:10 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Say what you will and think how you like, to have a poor innocent child watch their parents being taken away leaving them children to strangers is one of the most despicable inhumane things for humans to do to one another. Shame on anyone that does this and goes home at night to their family.
"First they came for -----and I didn't speak out,Then they came for-------and I didn't speak out, then they came for me.
We humans get to comfortable in our own circumstance believing nothing like this could ever happen to them but, no one knows the future do they?
no one is 'coming for' their 'poor innocent children' - the parents are bringing them.

don't try to smuggle kids into the country --> family stays together.
seriously, this isn't rocket science

Old 05-10-2018, 08:17 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Did anyone ever expect the US government to emulate the Nazis while some Americans cheer them on?
Did you just insultingly compare the Jewish persecution and genocide to illegal aliens being removed to their native homeland?

Old 05-10-2018, 08:17 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You've made the claim. Please show me the proof that they work, pay taxes and contribute in VERY SHORT ORDER.

My family lives in a city that has embraced many refugees, and they are NOT contributing, many years after arriving here. They are still a drain on resources and taxes.
Gee, I guess you missed my post #325 where I showed the proof.

Sessions: Parents, children entering U.S. illegally will be separated MERGED

Old 05-10-2018, 08:18 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Canada does not separate children from parents, even those that come illegally across from our southern border.
So tell us about your illegal immigration problem in Canada. How many years have you had an influx of illegals crossing your southern border. How many per/year? Since the end of April ~6,300 and 20,000 last year. Have you started printing all government forms in an additional language, are your schools, jails and medical facilities over crowded with foreign language speaking illegal immigrants. Have wages been depressed and jobs going to those willing to work for peanuts leaving citizens unemployed or forced to live on less?
Just a quick cruise of articles suggests Canada is just now getting an influx of illegals and many aren't too happy about it.

And BTW why is Canada blaming the US for their increasing illegal problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies