Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 08:21 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So tell us about your illegal immigration problem in Canada. How many years have you had an influx of illegals crossing your southern border. How many per/year? Since the end of April ~6,300 and 20,000 last year. Have you started printing all government forms in an additional language, are your schools, jails and medical facilities over crowded with foreign language speaking illegal immigrants. Have wages been depressed and jobs going to those willing to work for peanuts leaving citizens unemployed or forced to live on less?
Just a quick cruise of articles suggests Canada is just now getting an influx of illegals and many aren't too happy about it.

And BTW why is Canada blaming the US for their increasing illegal problem?
Sort of the same reason that the USA is blaming Mexico.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:22 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Say what you will and think how you like, to have a poor innocent child watch their parents being taken away leaving them children to strangers is one of the most despicable inhumane things for humans to do to one another. Shame on anyone that does this and goes home at night to their family.
"First they came for -----and I didn't speak out,Then they came for-------and I didn't speak out, then they came for me.
We humans get to comfortable in our own circumstance believing nothing like this could ever happen to them but, no one knows the future do they?

What part of Sessions is forewarning them not to come here with their kids or they might get separated from them aren't you people getting? You do know what "forewarning" means, don't you? If they come anyway then it's their choice to get separated from their kids. It's meant to be a deterrant not to do it.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Gee, I guess you missed my post #325 where I showed the proof.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/51852162-post325.html

Here's the real truth.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2...llect-welfare/

Illegal Immigration a $113 Billion a Year Drain on U.S. Taxpayers | Federation for American Immigration Reform

I'm sure there are similar stats for refugees and some legal immigrants also.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:29 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
False equivalency, and you know it, or should know it.

If you don't, I worry about what empathy you have in your body.
This policy plans to charge and prosecute for all illegal entry, meaning its a crime if you are caught crossing the border. Just like robing the quickie mart is a prosecutable crime. So no it is not a false equivalent. In both cases you are arrested and charged for a crime.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:32 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Gee, I guess you missed my post #325 where I showed the proof.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/51852162-post325.html

You show proof of nothing. Yours is the unsophisticated and one-dimensional perspective of, "derr, der won't be any fruits if there aint no illegals!"

The amount of money unskilled laborers and their families pull out of the system will always exceed what they put into it in taxes.

Just one child in public schools costs the tax payer 10k. Add in the inevitable food stamps, housing assistance, medicaid, free lunch, etc. Multiply that by millions, because illegal immigrants in the US have more kids than their countrymen back "home." It's always easy to pop out kids when someone else is footing the bill, eh?

Then, discuss the child tax credits, refunds, etc., and it's clear that illegal immigration is a net drain on the economy. ALLLLL of your "proof" never provides a truly comprehensive analysis that includes the externalized costs of illegal immigration borne by tax payers. We only hear of the benefit to the employers.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
You may want to reconsider your perceptions. Until now, there were more deportations during the Obama era.

https://www.axios.com/us-deportation...e64412c85.html

Facts matter.

Nope, and yes facts do matter. Your so-called facts are false.

High deportation figures are misleading

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...dhs-chief-say/

Besides, Obama implemented both DACA and DAPA which shielded millions of illegal aliens from deportation. His deportation record was dismal.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:36 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
And white Christian males insult me as a woman, my best friend as a gay man, another best friend as a single mother, etc.
And no one else insulted you? Just them? The problem lies within you grouping people and falsely accusing them.

Quote:
Call me whatever the heck you want. Really don't care. I am sick to DEATH of the crap white male Christians put the rest of us through.
The rest of us? Who is us and what have they put "us" through?

Quote:
Sessions wants to pull families apart. PERIOD.
No he doesn't. PERIOD.
Families have an easy choice. Wait in line legally, like everyone else or commit an illegal act and risk everything.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:

Are they Americans who are crossing your border?
Are Americans encouraging and supporting illegal crossers. Does America print brochures instructing people how to cross undetected?

Can you site where the US blames Mexico for illegal aliens from Honduras, Guatemala, etc.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You show proof of nothing. Yours is the unsophisticated and one-dimensional perspective of, "derr, der won't be any fruits if there aint no illegals!"

The amount of money unskilled laborers and their families pull out of the system will always exceed what they put into it in taxes.

Just one child in public schools costs the tax payer 10k. Add in the inevitable food stamps, housing assistance, medicaid, free lunch, etc. Multiply that by millions, because illegal immigrants in the US have more kids than their countrymen back "home." It's always easy to pop out kids when someone else is footing the bill, eh?

Then, discuss the child tax credits, refunds, etc., and it's clear that illegal immigration is a net drain on the economy. ALLLLL of your "proof" never provides a truly comprehensive analysis that includes the externalized costs of illegal immigration borne by tax payers. We only hear of the benefit to the employers.

Yep.
and this from one of those links.

" Do they pay taxes? According to a study by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, undocumented immigrants paid $11.64 billion a year in state and local taxes either through house payments or rent (property taxes), income tax through employer deductions from their paychecks or through the purchase of goods or services (sales taxes). If those same immigrants were given legal status, the amount of state and local taxes collected could increase by $2.1 billion a year, according to the study."

First property taxes from rent are paid by the home owner. If 4 families weren't renting a single family home (using 3X the services) there would be one family of legal immigrants or citizens renting it. In my area there is a shortage of rentals.
Second how does an illegal alien buy a house unless they are using false documents (identity theft).
and last if they are contributing so much now, how would making them legal increase the amount they contribute by 2.1 billion.
Oh and how do they know how much is paid in state and local taxes if they are illegal. We don't know who is illegal. Your employer doesn't list an employee as illegal, one is not asked at Wal-Mart when making purchases if they are illegal.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
So what about your illegal immigration problem in Canada?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies