Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 11:09 AM

1,378 posts, read 1,393,068 times

Advertisements

PS: Jim Crow was once the law of the land in several states. So was slavery before it - and things like the Fugitive Slave Act. So was apartheid in South Africa up until only three decades ago (if that).

Some laws are so morally obscene that it's unconscionable not to break them.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I gave the answer. We do and always have separated American parents from their American kids anytime the parent is arrested for any reason, any misdemeanor. Why should we afford aliens an exception?
"Aliens?" No such thing - unless you believe in UFOs or something.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Dems, have come a long way since I left the party, they expect us not to defend our borders and therefore they don't believe in our sovereignty as a country. No border = No country, lets see how well that works out
Borders = arbitrary lines on a map. Nothing more.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:14 AM

62,997 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
PS: Jim Crow was once the law of the land in several states. So was slavery before it - and things like the Fugitive Slave Act. So was apartheid in South Africa up until only three decades ago (if that).

Some laws are so morally obscene that it's unconscionable not to break them.

Oh yeah, bring up an unrelated past to justify not enforcing our immigration laws today. What's morally obscene about them?

Old 06-16-2018, 11:21 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
Quote:
Nice. 1930s German officials would be proud.
Oh knock it off... do you have a problem with other countries enforcing their borders, or do you expect the US to be the only sucker?

Old 06-16-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh yeah, bring up an unrelated past to justify not enforcing our immigration laws today. What's morally obscene about them?
Racist laws and police states that enforce said laws are not unrelated to one another. The specific forms vary, but the substance and motivations behind them remain essentially the same.

I'm sick of people defending white supremacy using "Law and Order" as a shield and weapon. That's what every racist demagogue, politician (of either major party, or in some cases breakaway third parties e.g. Strom Thurmond in 1948 or George Wallace in 1968 - both of whom broke from the Democrats out of protest for their growing support for black civil rights), small-town Southern sheriff (many of whom were tied to the Klan), or big city police chief campaigned on when they were promoting "Massive Resistance" to black civil rights - "Law and Order." Keep the n****rs in line, don't you know? They don't know their place. They're getting "uppity."

"Not enforcing our immigration laws?" Cry me a river. Let me know when we start enforcing all of our civil rights laws (and other just laws e.g. labor laws), then we'll talk about immigration, k?

Old 06-16-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:

You must be joking! What an asinine remark to make.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Oh knock it off... do you have a problem with other countries enforcing their borders, or do you expect the US to be the only sucker?

Seems to me like the countries that actively alienate and discriminate against their immigrant populations (and their children) are the real suckers. Example: France and the ghettoization of its North African (largely Muslim) populations.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:24 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
Quote:
By that "logic", Trump could go ahead and try to rule over Mexico and Canada if he wants to. I mean, since borders are just pesky lines scribbled on the map.

Is that what you want?

Old 06-16-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Racist laws and police states that enforce said laws are not unrelated to one another. The specific forms vary, but the substance and motivations behind them remain essentially the same.

I'm sick of people defending white supremacy using "Law and Order" as a shield and weapon. That's what every racist demagogue, politician (of either major party, or in some cases breakaway third parties e.g. Strom Thurmond in 1948 or George Wallace in 1968 - both of whom broke from the Democrats out of protest for their growing support for black civil rights), small-town Southern sheriff (many of whom were tied to the Klan), or big city police chief campaigned on when they were promoting "Massive Resistance" to black civil rights - "Law and Order." Keep the n****rs in line, don't you know? They don't know their place. They're getting "uppity."

"Not enforcing our immigration laws?" Cry me a river. Let me know when we start enforcing all of our civil rights laws (and other just laws e.g. labor laws), then we'll talk about immigration, k?

How are our immigration laws, racist? They include every foreign nationality, race, skin color and ethnic group that tries to violate them. Who's defending white supremacy and what does that have to do with our right to enforce our immigration laws? Oh yeah, go back in the past again to justify violating our immigration laws today. That makes a lot of sense....NOT! You make me sick!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies