Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 12:58 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
You people keep referring to these people as "illegal".
Most are coming from South America,as refugees and they are seeking asylum.
That is a big difference.
People wanting to come here illegally don't check in at the border.
It's cruel and inhumane what we are doing IMO....either grant them the political asylum and let both parents and children in or reject them the status and send them back out, but don't separate babies and children from their parents. I'm sorry but this reminds me of something like Hitler would have done. This is America...we are better than that...or at least I thought.
There’s a problem with that. Domestic abuse and gang violence is not what the refugee program is for. Those issues need to be handled by their local governments. Are we going to say all women abused by their husbands can go several countries away and claim asylum? That’s insane! Those are domestic issues. We have been letting the governments south of us get away with pushing their domestic problems onto us, and making money off it. Tax remittances and stop aid until they do their jobs.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:58 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,411,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/im...ursday-n883171

Excellent!

Good on these protestors for using their First Amendment rights to stand up to this un-American government tyranny. This is the real spirit of America.
Protesting is a good thing, but the protestors have the policy wrong.

How do you know that the kids traveling with the adult is actually the child of the adult? Without passports you are just taking some adult's word for it. The whole thing is a mess that can be avoided by trying to sneak in over the border.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:19 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Wrong, entering the US to seek asylum is not a crime look it up if you don't believe me. And these people have not been convicted and are not being sent to jail.
How is it then that they are getting arrested for breaking the law. They are breaking some law. They aren't following some procedure. What is it? Be real with your answer.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:23 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,534 times
Here it is, straight from the horses mouth. This should end all the BS in this thread.

Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Alex Azar told Rep. Suzanne Bonamici (D-OR), who asked about the family separation policy.

“individual children are separated from their parents only when those parents cross the border illegally and are arrested. We can’t have children with parents who are in incarceration, and so then they’re given to me. If one presents at an actual border crossing and presents a case to come into this country, one is not arrested and one’s children are not separated from them.”

https://www.c-span.org/video/?446333...ncy-priorities

Old 06-16-2018, 01:30 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,952,353 times
Catholic Charities and Lutheran Child Services make millions off the influx of illegals. Of course the churches want this to continue.

The asylum claim is rarely justified. If someone's life is in danger, they aren't going to trek through 2 other countries to get to the US.

The uproar over pictures of kids in cages that had all the lefties up in arms last week died down pretty quickly once it was revealed the pics were taken during Obamas reign. I don't remember a whole lot of outrage when it was Obamas policies. Right now the kids have it pretty good.

PHOTOS: Inside Shelter for Illegal Alien Children Separated from Parents | Breitbart

Old 06-16-2018, 01:42 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
We are talking about a reprehensible trump policy that he implemented only a few weeks ago, a drastic change from his policy that has existed since he took office over a year ago. HE directed Sessions to do this. Now trump lies and says it's the fault of laws passed by Democrats and he has no choice but to separate families. It is an obvious lie by a liar of epic proportions. That IS the topic.
More manufactured outrage. Obama did the same thing. Really, you need to get a huge clue.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:42 PM

25,584 posts, read 17,310,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Protesting is a good thing, but the protestors have the policy wrong.

How do you know that the kids traveling with the adult is actually the child of the adult? Without passports you are just taking some adult's word for it. The whole thing is a mess that can be avoided by trying to sneak in over the border.
Yup.
Besides, If your daddy takes you along to trespass on clearly marked property, he ain't much of a daddy.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
"I just did. Illegal border crossers don’t present themselves at the border for admission. They get locked up instead."

You need to do your research. The vast majority of these people are from central America and are seeking asylum from the US. They are presenting themselves to boarder officials to be processed. They are not trying to sneak thru the boarder but hoping they are allowed into the country after being processed. We can debate if they should be allowed in or not but having a common set of facts is important.
What part of illegal border crossers did you not get? Most of those seeking asylum will get their petition denied and they will be sent home. Their proving the need for asylum burden falls on the applicant. Economic asylum is denied instantly. Those that say they have been threatened need to present the evidence. Hearsay is not sufficient.

Those that sneak across will be prosecuted. Catch and release ended and soon as these idiots realize that the better.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:50 PM

6,826 posts, read 14,043,433 times
When do we start rounding up overdue visa holders and separate them from their kids. What about those crossing over the Canadian border. We all know the true answer but Trump nation will not address it.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
When do we start rounding up overdue visa holders and separate them from their kids. What about those crossing over the Canadian border. We all know the true answer but Trump nation will not address it.
Those crossing illegally into Canada? Canada’s problem.

Those that overstay visas are removed. Those that overstay on visa waivers are removed. Simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies