Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 10:52 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
The point you were trying to make, in the prior post that I'd responded to, was about taking kids away from their parents. Stop trying to move the goal posts.

"there is usually a parent available to care for the child"

Not always. There are many single parents, where the other parent is no longer in the picture or is incapable of taking in the kids, and not everyone has family either. What about the kids in those situations? Do we just let the parents off, no matter what their crime is, so that they don't have to be separated? Or do the kids, that are citizens, just not matter to you? Why are you not speaking out for the citizen kids, who are being separated from their parents because their parents go to prison? Is speaking out for only the illegal kids more glamorous or something?
There were people in Germany, Cambodia, Soviet Russia and Kenya who supported the regime that started off separating families, before moving on to worst measures.

You would feel comfortable in those regimes it appears.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:55 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
yeah this looks great too, maybe they did this on purpose so that the kids could pretend they are camping

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1008124478797307907
Someone today on C-D say exactly that. We are not locking the kids up. It is basically a summer camp.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:58 PM

23,648 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
There were people in Germany, Cambodia, Soviet Russia and Kenya who supported the regime that started off separating families, before moving on to worst measures.

You would feel comfortable in those regimes it appears.
oh, ow.
(how typical of lefties, go for the personal attack when they realize that they have no argument)

Old 06-16-2018, 11:01 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Thats fine. But what about when america messes with their politics. See El Salvador. See how that in part led to MS 13.
All the worlds problems are the fault of America to the Leftist. That theme never changes

Old 06-16-2018, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
All the worlds problems are the fault of America to Leftist. That theme never changes
So you did not research U.S. involvement in the 12 year El Salvadorian civil war. Are you ignoring that?

Old 06-16-2018, 11:07 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
oh, ow.
(how typical of lefties, go for the personal attack when they realize that they have no argument)
You're the one who made the statement. Now wear it.

And what makes you think that being a humanitarian requires one to be "a leftie"? Not all conservatives are heartless.

But way too many appear to be.

Sad.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:11 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,411,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Those crossing illegally into Canada? Canada’s problem.

Those that overstay visas are removed. Those that overstay on visa waivers are removed. Simple.
This is what should be happening every night at every border crossing point with Canada. Bleachers for cheering sections!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THqFpFNQw_I

Old 06-16-2018, 11:22 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
So you did not research U.S. involvement in the 12 year El Salvadorian civil war. Are you ignoring that?
Well, enjoy your guilt trip then

Old 06-16-2018, 11:23 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
The point you were trying to make, in the prior post that I'd responded to, was about taking kids away from their parents. Stop trying to move the goal posts.
Huh? This is what you said, did you forget?
Quote:
All kids do similar when they are taken from their parents, whether they are citizens or illegals. good grief.

There are probably over seven million people who are currently in prison, many of them have kids -- that they are separated from. Perhaps you should start a petition to throw kids in jails and prisons to be with their parents after those parents commit crimes and are incarcerated whether they are citizens or not. Yeah, then we'd be known as the country that imprisons innocent children
I'm not sure how addressing that specifically means I'm moving the goalposts

Quote:
"there is usually a parent available to care for the child"
Not always. There are many single parents, where the other parent is no longer in the picture or is incapable of taking in the kids, and not everyone has family either. What about the kids in those situations? Do we just let the parents off, no matter what their crime is, so that they don't have to be separated? Or do the kids, that are citizens, just not matter to you? Why are you not speaking out for the citizen kids, who are being separated from their parents because their parents go to prison? Is speaking out for only the illegal kids more glamorous or something?
You are mistaken. I worked in corrections and law enforcement and it is very unusual that a child has to go into foster care because a parent is incarcerated, but even in those cases the child stays in contact with the parent through phone calls and visits, and upon the parent's release the children are reunified with the parent. These idiots at DHS allow these kids two 10 minute calls a week, God knows who they will call because their parents in another detention center can't receive incoming calls and one visit per week with their siblings, assuming they can find the sibling, and DHS has NO PLAN for how they intend to reunify these children with their parents.

You can't put lipstick on a pig with all your glowing reviews of these detention centers. This is a wrong headed idea, it is immoral and cruel and could be ended in 5 minutes if Trump called DHS and told them to stop. It's becoming clearer every day that our President is a sociopath. A normal person simply would not do this.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Well, enjoy your guilt trip then
Enjoy your inhumanity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies