Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 01:58 PM

6,826 posts, read 14,043,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
What part of illegal border crossers did you not get? Most of those seeking asylum will get their petition denied and they will be sent home. Their proving the need for asylum burden falls on the applicant. Economic asylum is denied instantly. Those that say they have been threatened need to present the evidence. Hearsay is not sufficient.

Those that sneak across will be prosecuted. Catch and release ended and soon as these idiots realize that the better.

Most of these people are seeking border guards to turn themselves in hope they are granted asylum. Again we can have a healthy debate but needs to be based on facts. The issue is not a question of should we defend our borders. The question is should we separate kids from their parents are process them together like we have always done. I have yet to see anyone on this board in support of just letting them thru.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:07 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
The statements of most of the people here make me sick. And I imagine many, if not most, of you consider yourselves "good Christians".

"Deplorable" is too mild a description.

Jesus wouldn't have a problem with it.

Romans 13:1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except by the appointment of Jesus Christ Our Lord And Savior, and the authorities that exist have been instituted by Jesus Christ Our Lord And Savior. 13:2 So the person who resists such authority resists the ordinance of Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior, and those who resist will incur judgment.

Titus 3:1 Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient,...

Colossians 1:16 For by Jesus Christ Our Lord And Savior all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by Jesus Christ Our Lord And Savior and for Jesus Christ Our Lord And Savior.

Those of you who resist can look forward to incurring judgment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
You people keep referring to these people as "illegal".
Most are coming from South America,as refugees and they are seeking asylum.
That is a big difference.
And yet they aren't filing paperwork to seek asylum, instead they're stealing Social Security numbers and working.

And asylum from what?

There's nothing going on in South America that justifies asylum.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:36 PM

23,647 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
This is the report I heard this morning. Comments about medication were added after the interview ended.
There are probably many thousands of those kids that are in our care and no doubt there are some who are sick, why should we withhold medical treatment?

Quote:
Merkley would likely disagree with the characterization, having described to media outlets "cages that looked a lot like dog kennels" after he visited a McAllen, Texas, processing centre run by the government.
Merkley was just recently saying that he wasn't allowed in to tour the facility, but he knows what it's like sight unseen? Seems that he is using of the 2014 picture for his "dog kennel" comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
the 2014 pictures? No. I'm referring to modern ones. Along with statements from people who have visited the sites in question. Nice try though.
See the video, below, to see what a typical facility looks like. It was taken by DHS this year. And, before believing what "people who have visited the sites" have to say, maybe learn if they actually did visit the sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Just when you think this administration has hit rock bottom they somehow manage to go even lower.
Throwing children in cages and separating them from their parents.
I thank the three branches of goverment every day for standing in the way of a dictatorship.
Does it look like the kids are in "cages"?
Actually it looks pretty nice. The place is clean, the food looks good, the kids get exercise, etc. It may even be better than the places that they originally lived in.(and looks a whole lot better than the cages in that 2014 picture)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzat9MRNIlg

Old 06-16-2018, 02:39 PM

24,003 posts, read 15,100,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Isn't it funny how the left wing atheist media is now quoting the bible?
What makes you think they are atheist because they are left wing? Many are practicing Catholics. Have you ever looked at the left wing evangelicals? They're out there.

All y'all who haven't, go over to Numbers USA or Google Roy Beck's latest gumball presentation on immigration into the USA.

We cannot save or employ everybody on earth.

People need to bloom where they are planted.

How can we solve the problems of Honduras when we can solve our own?

The Congress needs to act on this, soon.

Last edited by crone; 06-16-2018 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-16-2018, 02:47 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Jesus wouldn't have a problem with it.

Romans 13:1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except by the appointment of Jesus Christ Our Lord And Savior, and the authorities that exist have been instituted by Jesus Christ Our Lord And Savior. 13:2 So the person who resists such authority resists the ordinance of Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior, and those who resist will incur judgment.

Titus 3:1 Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient,...

Colossians 1:16 For by Jesus Christ Our Lord And Savior all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by Jesus Christ Our Lord And Savior and for Jesus Christ Our Lord And Savior.

Those of you who resist can look forward to incurring judgment.

And yet they aren't filing paperwork to seek asylum, instead they're stealing Social Security numbers and working.

And asylum from what?

There's nothing going on in South America that justifies asylum.
Jesus Christ did not appoint the Trump administration, unless you claim that is the case by mere virtue (sorry) of them holding authority.

If that's the case, then Jesus Christ also appointed Kim Jong-un. I'd hope that wasn't the case.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:49 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
The only fair thing to do is deport the entire family together.

Why force American taxpayers to pay for illegals to be in camps?

Old 06-16-2018, 02:50 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,772,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Most of these people are seeking border guards to turn themselves in hope they are granted asylum. Again we can have a healthy debate but needs to be based on facts. The issue is not a question of should we defend our borders. The question is should we separate kids from their parents are process them together like we have always done. I have yet to see anyone on this board in support of just letting them thru.
Catch and release doesn’t work. Few show up for their hearings and then if subsequently caught the far left screams it isn’t right to deport them. Better to jail the illegals until they can be properly admitted as legitimate refugees or deported. If admitted as legitimate refugees they’ll get their kids back. If deported they’ll get their kids back to go with them.
As word spreads south of the border perhaps they’ll think twice about entering the US illegally. If they are fleeing Central American violence they could stay in Mexico while they apply to enter the US legally.

Old 06-16-2018, 03:03 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,018,154 times
The IQ of illegal immigrants must be below the mark of severe mental retardation if they expect to break the law by illegally coming to America then not face any consequences for their actions. Illegal immigrants broke up their own families by refusing to obey the law. Don't break the law and you won't have any problems. These criminals should have learned that before they decided to break the law.

Old 06-16-2018, 03:13 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,631,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
If they stayed with their parents, who will be housed in a detention center, we'd be accused of jailing children. What are we to do--give them suites at the Sheraton?
No!
Give them suites at one of Trump's hotels instead !
I'm sure he will find a way to have the FEDS re-imburse him!

Old 06-16-2018, 03:18 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,234,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post

Few may explicitly say "let them through" but instead will oppose every possible attempt to do otherwise. It's like saying no one is against you leaving your neighborhood just you can't do it walking, jogging, cycling, driving, or flying. So you may say you don't want to just let them walk on through, but you don't want to build a wall, put troops on the border, arrest people for "paperwork", hold kids in detention, or any other measure that would prevent them from walking on through.

You seem to forget that many liberals have been fighting for years to close down family detention centers in the courts and block detention of families. They thought the only alternative would be to let people go free. They do indeed want to let them "walk on through". Well they got what they wanted only they found out letting people go free and walk on through was not going to be the alternative.

Human Rights First today praised a California district court ruling finding that the federal government's use of family detention facilities continues to violate the Flores Settlement Agreement. In light of this ruling, Human Rights First reaffirms its call for the Trump Administration to shut down family detention facilities and cease using expedited removal against families. ... "Children and their families should not be locked up in U.S. immigration detention facilities.”
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...uprisings-acr/

President Obama's immigration policy was dealt another blow Wednesday when the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a lower court's opinion that child migrants who are accompanied by a parent and currently in family detention should be quickly released.
U.S. must release child migrants held in family detention, court says

A federal judge in California has ruled that the Obama administration’s detention of children and their mothers who were caught crossing the border illegally is a serious violation of a longstanding court settlement, and that the families should be released as quickly as possible. ... The judge also found that the family detention centers in Texas were a “material breach” of provisions requiring that minors be placed in facilities that are not secured like prisons and are licensed to take care of children.
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/26/u...ee-ruling.html

A coalition of immigrants’ rights and civil liberties groups have filed suit claiming Texas hastily created a new type of state license that might allow two controversial detention centers for illegal immigrants to remain open. ... The detention centers house as many as 2,000undocumented women and children that were part of the surge of unauthorized migration that began last summer, when tens of thousands of families from Central America illegally crossed into Texas.

https://www.texastribune.org/2015/10...ation-centers/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies