Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 11:28 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times

Advertisements

I protest, too. Send the entire family back where they came from (Mexico), immediately. Let Mexico who lets them in by providing a pass through, deal with it.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:29 AM

62,995 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
"Aliens?" No such thing - unless you believe in UFOs or something.

Wrong! Buy a dictionary. Alien simply means foreigner. You might want to get that chip off your shoulder.
Our immigration laws refer to those in our country illegally as illegal aliens and rightly so! Ever heard of a Resident Alien card? Hint, it's not for creatures from Mars.

Last edited by Oldglory; 06-16-2018 at 12:30 PM..

Old 06-16-2018, 11:31 AM

27,582 posts, read 28,693,962 times
Quote:
Borders = arbitrary lines on a map. Nothing more.
Borders = what makes a country a country

I don’t want people coming into the United States who are not legally allowed to enter this country.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
If you have read the news reports you know that the people we are talking about aren't being picked up by Ice in America...they are Entering the country to try to legally at a check point (there are lines of people who wait for days to get to the check point) to legally apply for political asylum. So Ice isn't going to pick them up, they did not come into the country illegally.
You are writing about illegal Aliens...and that is a whole other kettle of fish...that is someone who came here illegally. I personally kind of think the law needs to changed there...perhaps a person should not be
deemed an American citizen just because they are born on American soil. But that is a whole different situation. And one for the Lawmakers to address.)

It is like comparing apples and oranges. The Refugees are asking for Asylum.
They are seeking to immigrate here...it is our Country that decides if they will or not.)

I am not saying that all should be accepted....I don't know the details of each and every case.
But being a Refugee is one thing, but when are seeking legal immigration status, that should not make you a criminal. What criminal act was performed there?
They aren't seeking legal immigration status as that's a whole different process than showing up at our border requesting asylum. No one is making criminals out of those who follow the protocol for asylum, where are you getting that? This is about those who are entering our country illegally.

“Individual children are separated from their parents only when those parents cross the border illegally and are arrested,” he told Democratic Rep. Suzanne Bonamici of Oregon. “We can’t have children with parents who are in incarceration, so they are given to me. … So the best advice I have is, actually present yourself at a legal border crossing and make your case.”

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...uprisings-acr/

Old 06-16-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
And that is just the problem. You need to read about the Holocaust. The Jews were hated because of the lies told about them, just as Trump has lied about the Hispanics. Build up hatred, and you can even justify murder eventually. Wanting asylum is not criminal. And neither is wanting a border wall. Ripping children away from parents is cruel. It causes fear and psycological damage. Putting childrdn in cages is even more cruel. It will get worse if Trump gets away with it.

We need to look at what is happening to our nation and how it is becoming divided like it was before the Civil War. There are humane ways to solve issues.
What lie has Trump told about Hispanics in general? In the first place he was speaking about the illegal alien kind and he mentioned Mexicans specifically not plain ole Hispanics. He said that Mexico is sending it's undesirables here and they are. Mexicans who come here legally aren't the issue and nothing bad was said about them. How long are you and yours going to repeat these lies?

There is no hatred of illegal aliens just opposition to them being in our country. Illegal immigration has nothing to do with asylum seekers. Are you confused? Ripping children away from their parents? Since when are they being put in cages? That's not what is happening to asylum seekers who are following the protocol (link already provided) My, the melodramatics, spin and lies of the liberal left.

Would you also deem it cruel that American law breakers are separated from their children? Yes, we as a country are divided alright. It's the liberal left and ethnocentrics vs law abiding Americans. I choose to be a member of the latter group.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:01 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Am I missing something here? Aren't criminals always separated from their children when they are incarcerated? Now I admit all I know about prison comes from TV shows, but I don't recall seeing any kids in with the moms in Orange is the new Black or kids with dads on SOA. Why would we treat foreign criminals better than American citizens? I mean, I know today's liberals put everyone ahead of Americans, but really-why in this case? Would you really want these children locked up with criminals?

Old 06-16-2018, 12:04 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Dems, have come a long way since I left the party, they expect us not to defend our borders and therefore they don't believe in our sovereignty as a country. No border = No country, lets see how well that works out
Have you actually heard someone say they do not want to defend the borders? I have not.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:09 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
This is how the Holocaust began. Do an evil act against a people and see if you can get away with it. If you can increase the evil.

I knew Trump supporters would accept this. I fear for our country.
Where is the outrage for children who are US citizens and have parents who are US citizens who are homeless? Where is their roof over their head? Their plate of hot food? Their free medical care? What about the kids who are separated from their parents because they are criminals also?

Where was all the outrage when this was happening under Obama?
http://www.loyno.edu/jsri/shattering...icies-interact

Yet, the Holocaust and illegal immigration are two different things. The holocaust was a mass genocide. Please tell me, are these kids are being killed by our hands in masses? Are they being singled out for their religious beliefs? The answer is no to both. Also if you read some of the articles I have over this very subject during the past two days you will find that some of these places they are sent to live, the kids are here by themselves. No parents or guardians helped to get these kids across the boarder.
Another big difference between the Jews and the illegal immigrants we are dealing with today is the Jews were citizens of their country and well....those crossing the boarder are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
They are now starting to put then under a big tent. In the summer in Texas.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...-texas-n883281
You do know they have tents that are air-conditioned and can also be heated right? The military has been using them for years. Even reside in them today. They are doing these tents because the buildings they have are becoming over full.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
PS: Jim Crow was once the law of the land in several states. So was slavery before it - and things like the Fugitive Slave Act. So was apartheid in South Africa up until only three decades ago (if that).

Some laws are so morally obscene that it's unconscionable not to break them.
What in Gods green earth does Jim Crow have to do with this? You are really going out on a limb now!

Old 06-16-2018, 12:12 PM

24,006 posts, read 15,100,850 times
We have workers crossing illegally and then there are families who show up seeking asylum, and then there unaccompanied minors seeking admission at a controlled border crossing.

That's 3 different categories of people seeking , some gaining entry into the USA.

IMO, it is time for the Congress to get off their asses and fix this. The have let this slide for 25 years. It is time to stop illegal entry and fix the asylum seekers. They have avoided any fix because the people whose business is contingent on illegals do not want any controls. Just enough to look like we have border control.

Beto O'Rouke was on the Texas border a couple days ago. He said it needs be dealt with. Congress needs to do their job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies