Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 07:47 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
This policy is so unpopular and relatively close to the mid-terms, it will be a seminal moment for voters. This crap will get the Dems and Indies out en masse. Bad move on trump's part...overplayed his hand.

I'm bookmarking this post and going to laugh in your face when it has the opposite effect, because it's the ridiculous propagandizing and constant defense of illegals on the part of Dems that will drive conservatives to the polls en masse.

Any time an adult citizen gets arrested for any reason, their kids are *never* allowed to accompany them in detention. Dems want illegals to have special exemptions and rights that citizens don't have. And that's what angers true Americans. It is the catch-and-release and sanctuary policies and constant advocation of illegals over citizens that drove them to elect Trump in the first place. You libs are doubling down on the tactics that got you defeated last time.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:06 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
This is how the Holocaust began. Do an evil act against a people and see if you can get away with it. If you can increase the evil.

I knew Trump supporters would accept this. I fear for our country.
We don't want kids separated from their parents. We want these irresponsible parents and their kids separated from our country!

It's not a hard concept!

Old 06-16-2018, 08:07 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It seems to me that the people who are “evil” are the ones who are entering the United States illegally, don’t care about our laws and the others who are sympathizing with them.

I had no idea this is how the Holocaust began. Who knew?
And that is just the problem. You need to read about the Holocaust. The Jews were hated because of the lies told about them, just as Trump has lied about the Hispanics. Build up hatred, and you can even justify murder eventually. Wanting asylum is not criminal. And neither is wanting a border wall. Ripping children away from parents is cruel. It causes fear and psycological damage. Putting childrdn in cages is even more cruel. It will get worse if Trump gets away with it.

We need to look at what is happening to our nation and how it is becoming divided like it was before the Civil War. There are humane ways to solve issues.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:13 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
And that is just the problem. You need to read about the Holocaust. The Jews were hated because of the lies told about them, just as Trump has lied about the Hispanics. Build up hatred, and you can even justify murder eventually. Wanting asylum is not criminal. And neither is wanting a border wall. Ripping children away from parents is cruel. It causes fear and psycological damage. Putting childrdn in cages is even more cruel. It will get worse if Trump gets away with it.

We need to look at what is happening to our nation and how it is becoming divided like it was before the Civil War. There are humane ways to solve issues.

Why can't they wait out their asylum case on the Mexican side of the border? It isn't Mexicans seeking asylum. It's Central Americans and they are not seeking asylum from Mexico.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:15 AM

Book: Masters of Death by Richard Rhodes. This book will show you how Hitler was able to exterminate the Jews. The first steps taken. It is graphic and so very hard to read.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:23 AM

587 posts, read 305,028 times
Mexico has been one big PAIN IN THE A*** These people have no education, No job skills, and utter disreguard for the laws in this country which promote a civilized society.. Welfare Fraud, Gangs, Drugs, and a variety of other crimes,They are a burden on our law enforcement, border patrol, prison system, and all other American institutions, We have wasted 100's of billions of dollars on a culture and people the rest of the world doesn't want..

Old 06-16-2018, 08:26 AM

46,290 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Enforcing immigration laws and protecting the border is neither un-American nor tyranny, and if the illegals didn't understand the consequences of their actions, then double dumb-ass on them.

Amazing that people cannot figure this out....

Old 06-16-2018, 08:39 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I'm bookmarking this post and going to laugh in your face when it has the opposite effect, because it's the ridiculous propagandizing and constant defense of illegals on the part of Dems that will drive conservatives to the polls en masse.

Any time an adult citizen gets arrested for any reason, their kids are *never* allowed to accompany them in detention. Dems want illegals to have special exemptions and rights that citizens don't have. And that's what angers true Americans. It is the catch-and-release and sanctuary policies and constant advocation of illegals over citizens that drove them to elect Trump in the first place. You libs are doubling down on the tactics that got you defeated last time.
First time presenting yourself at the border is a misdemeanor offense. Should we take kids away from their parents for a misdemeanor charge?

Old 06-16-2018, 08:44 AM

6,824 posts, read 14,036,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
First time presenting yourself at the border is a misdemeanor offense. Should we take kids away from their parents for a misdemeanor charge?
Your not going get an answer on this one. If this policy is so great why isn't the president owning his own policy. He instructed Sessions to do this but blames it on the democrats. He is a coward pure and simple.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post
Mexico has been one big PAIN IN THE A*** These people have no education, No job skills, and utter disreguard for the laws in this country which promote a civilized society.. Welfare Fraud, Gangs, Drugs, and a variety of other crimes,They are a burden on our law enforcement, border patrol, prison system, and all other American institutions, We have wasted 100's of billions of dollars on a culture and people the rest of the world doesn't want..

Much of this is lies, but i dohbt if you wish to know the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies