Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 06:13 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,600,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Peter Kirsanow, an attorney and Commissioner on the U.S. Civil Rights Commission, is quite clear about the negative impact amnesty has on African Americans.

From this article:

Among his claims, most illegal immigrants are low skill and compete with black males for jobs. But, he added, "the obvious question is whether there are sufficient jobs in the low skilled labor market for both African Americans and illegal immigrants. The answer is no."

Kirsanow noted that people often say that immigrants, especially illegals, take jobs Americans don't want. He dismissed that. "The problem is that there are thousands of Americas and always will be thousands of Americans, who find that those jobs are the only ones for which they are qualified. How can you better yourself if you cannot even get on the first rung of the employment ladder and find yourself essentially shut out of certain industries," he asked.

He noted that 2016 Bureau of Labor Standards statistics show that only 46 percent of workers over 25 with just a high school education are employed. The Census Bureau said in 2012 that half of blacks did not progress beyond high school in the education.

He also cited reports that illegal immigration cuts wages for blacks, and that makes black men "less appealing" to potential spouses, and one that a 10 percent increase in immigration relates to a 1.3 percent higher incarceration rate for blacks.

"Giving amnesty to illegal immigrants would only exacerbate this problem facing low-skilled men, who are disproportionately African American. The dearth of job opportunities gives these men less confidence in their ability to support a family, and gives women reason to fear that these prospective husbands will only be another mouth to feed," said Kirsanow.

And:

In testimony for a Senate hearing on the impact of immigration on the wages and employment of native-born Americans, two other experts said that legal immigration has cost over $500 billion in annual wages to native-borns, and that more than all the job growth in the country since 2007 has gone to immigrants.

Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions, chairman of the Senate Subcommittee on Immigration and The National Interest, called the hearing to explore the hit legal annual immigration of about one million new permanent residents, 700,000 guest workers, 600,000 students, and approximately 100,000 refugees and asylees has on the U.S. worker.

Anyone who denies this does so because they either hate America, are complete morons about the topic, are illegals themselves, or they're racist.

Absolutely no mention by some of our American posters about the homeless on the streets or black males who have an 11% unemployment rate.

Selective compassion.
Boy, you sure like to cherry pick your sources. Borjas, who was quoted in the article, has been roundly denounced by economists in the subject area of labor statistics. This is the guy who had oversaw the dissertation of his Ph.D. student Jason Richwine, whose Harvard dissertation concluded that Latino immigrants to the U.S. are and will remain less intelligent than "native whites." He's also been involved in peer reviewed scandals of other papers.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:20 PM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times
I don't know if these parents realize it or not, however it's not safe to walk your children up here. Near the Tucson sector, a buddy saw bloodied children's underwear on a path.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:36 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Boy, you sure like to cherry pick your sources. Borjas, who was quoted in the article, has been roundly denounced by economists in the subject area of labor statistics. This is the guy who had oversaw the dissertation of his Ph.D. student Jason Richwine, whose Harvard dissertation concluded that Latino immigrants to the U.S. are and will remain less intelligent than "native whites." He's also been involved in peer reviewed scandals of other papers.

Peter Kirsanow is an attorney and Commissioner on the U.S. Civil Rights Commission and is a credible source, but the facts that he shares doesn't fit your narrative.

You might not know that since you're in Canada and appear to be clueless about what's going on in our country.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:48 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,600,126 times
Quote:
Peter Kirsanow is an attorney and Commissioner on the U.S. Civil Rights Commission and is a credible source, but the facts that he shares doesn't fit your narrative.

You might not know that since you're in Canada and appear to be clueless about what's going on in our country.
I've spent the last 5 months right here in the USA. And I'm in a red state. I think I've heard the arguments before.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:07 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
I've spent the last 5 months right here in the USA. And I'm in a red state. I think I've heard the arguments before.

I couldn't care less what you've heard - you're woefully uninformed and shouldn't even be engaging in this discussion.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:39 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
I couldn't care less what you've heard - you're woefully uninformed and shouldn't even be engaging in this discussion.
^^^^This

Old 05-11-2018, 12:10 AM

6,232 posts, read 3,613,104 times
Quote:
Go find a legitimate source... like I did. All you show is a racist opinion blog that makes assertions with NO legitimate data.

Typical alt-right nonsense.
It's easy to dismiss a link when you didn't actually read it. Take a look at what THEIR source was:

Quote:
... In the span of a few decades, Los Angeles area construction went from an industry that was two-thirds white, and largely unionized, to one that is overwhelmingly Latino, mostly nonunion and heavily reliant on immigrants, according to a Los Angeles Times review of federal data.
And at the bottom is a link to the full article: Construction workers in L.A. make less now than 40 years ago. Here’s why - Los Angeles Times

Old 05-11-2018, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Yup. We have two official languages, and supply information in numerous ones. The USA has a working language, English,but no official language at all. What's up with that?

We don't jail illegal immigrants without due process.

Neither has that happened in the USA. I've given proof in previous posts.
Wrong. More than half the states have English as an official language. Also, is it not true that Canada forbids people to post that a language other than English or French is required or preferred for a job, because it's considered discrimination against the Francophone and Anglophone population? Show me where Canada has a bunch of "bilingual Spanish required" job postings.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Canada does not separate families. That is inhumane.
Canada also bases most of their legal immigration on merit, rather than daisy-chain family migration like the U.S. Many would call THAT inhumane.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:15 AM

7,515 posts, read 5,758,525 times
Turn them around at the border so they can stay together. Better yet build a big ass wall so they don’t even try to break the law. The tide is turning on illegal immigration. Americans are tired of having to pay for illegals. Time to put a complete stopto illegals and throw the ones that are here out..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies