Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 06:36 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I've put up links that put the lie to what you wrote. Yet you keep repeating it.

Once again, check out the links in post #544 and #673. If you had read these links when I first told you about it, then you would have noticed the following that appeared in #673:

Mexico has an affirmative obligation to accept and make a judgment about the Hondurans' claims to asylum because it, too, is a signatory to the U.N. Convention. Just as surely, the aliens themselves had an affirmative obligation to seek safe haven there. Consider that San Diego ports of entry are on the extreme west coast of the continent, whereas Honduras sits considerably east and south. A quick look at a map shows that this family spent considerable time traversing nearly the whole of Mexico and had plenty of time and opportunity to seek out Mexican officials to seek asylum. That they didn't do so is notable.

---------------------------

So stop repeating nonsense. Enough
Sorry, your link in #673 is an opinion piece, and there is nothing in there that obligates Mexico to do what you wish. #544 again does not show any international treaty or agreement that obligates Mexico.

Once again, only Canada and the USA have such an agreement. You can not show otherwise, so stop trying to spin it.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:47 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Sounds like a sweet deal for Canada, considering they are bordered in the north and south by the USA.

The deal might as well have said, “The USA needs to take all the refugees and Canada needs to take none.” Immigrants basically have to fly to Canada. In the US they merely have to walk over the border.

.....Oh wait, I’m forgetting about all the refugees you guys get sailing over from Greenland.
In fairness, not that many would want to go to Canada.

As evidenced by its outrageously low population per square mile.

One can only have a problem with illegals, when one is a great nation millions attempt to enter.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:13 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
How about the USA not break the laws that define how refugee claimants are to be handled. You know, the international agreements that 2/3 of the Senate approved.
There are no refugees from Central and South American countries, sorry. Vacation destinations are not countries in turmoil to just seeking asylum from. Harassment by a local street gang is also not justification. So there goes those arguments.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:18 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,106,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
There are no refugees from Central and South American countries, sorry. Vacation destinations are not countries in turmoil to just seeking asylum from. Harassment by a local street gang is also not justification. So there goes those arguments.
Actually, there are refugees from Central American countries, where violence and gang pressures make it impossible for honest people to live. I have heard the stories of many young people who were given the choice of joining the gang or being killed (along with their families.) That is why they are refugees - specific death threats.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:18 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Then let the process the USA agreed to unfold. Honorable, trustworthy nations uphold their international agreements and stick to them.

Otherwise, they are no more trustworthy than a North Korea.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:26 PM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
I wish our southern border would be more secure. Too bad our neighbor won't do anything about this.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/09/ameri...ans/index.html
Why is it too bad? It seems like you would want to welcome them with open arms, being the humanitarian that you are.

Why is it that Nigerians get US visas and then sneak into Canada. Wouldn’t it save them the trouble to get Canadian visas and just stay there? Or is Canada more strict with their visas than the US?

BTW, Good article. I think it is a good thing that Trump has these people running up to Canada, seeing as how you guys seem to love immigrants posing as refugees so much.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:45 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,613,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
So you believe that those crying babies and toddlers are being taken from the arms of a woman who is not their mother? You doubt the bond between mother and child? If a DNA test was offered then you would allow them to stay Together?
Clearly something wrong if this is the excuse.
I'm an aunt. I've had my nephews and niece cry when a complete stranger takes them from me. This isn't proof that I'm the mother. And most of the unaccompanied children arriving at the border aren't babies.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:47 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,174,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
"If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border," the attorney general said Monday at a law enforcement conference.
So much for family values. The jokers in the current admin are utterly clueless and lower than scum. All that matters is acting tough and flexing muscles, no matter the impotence inside.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:51 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,613,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
In a perfect world, that would work.

Alas, we don't live in a perfect world.

But we don't have to be evil. We can chose to behave with honor, even in an evil world.
Really? So providing food and shelter, medical care, translators, lawyers, and constitutional rights that should be preserved only for citizens, is evil? Then what do you call countries that turn people back around at the butt of a gun, no questions asked? You have a very weak definition of evil.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:08 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,534 times
Quote:
Then let the process the USA agreed to unfold. Honorable, trustworthy nations uphold their international agreements and stick to them.

Otherwise, they are no more trustworthy than a North Korea.
There's some key piece information that we are missing. You keep arguing that border patrol is separating parents and children, even though they are asylum seekers. There are laws in place for refugees to not separate parents and children. Border patrol is separating these parents and children when they are arrested for tresspassing. I think we can put two and two together and come to the conclusion that they are not recognized as refugees since south American countries are not in turmoil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies