Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 06:54 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,753,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
These children were held in ORR shelters and have been seperated from their families. Parents have not been in contact with these children since 2017. Under Trumps administration, these families were seperated and now these children are unaccounted for. Yes, Trump is to blame.
Blame it on their parents who brought them here illegally

Old 05-27-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Anytime we take children who are already traumatized away from their parents its cruel and tragic. What the hell is wrong with people who have no empathy for babies and little kids. Shame on you!
I don't have the answers but, I sure don't get those who are happy about this. We are a flawed species and some of haven't learned a thing from history. My heart just breaks for them.
But no sympathy for American children who get separated from their parents because they go to jail, get deployed by the military, travel for work, or go back to school?

I have no sympathy for those who decide to break immigration laws by illegally entering the country, and then get separated because one of their relatives get deported.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Because illegal sympathizers hate Americans.
And want more votes

Old 05-27-2018, 07:23 PM

42,864 posts, read 26,345,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
If they stayed with their parents, who will be housed in a detention center, we'd be accused of jailing children. What are we to do--give them suites at the Sheraton?
Well, it could be expected that we could keep track of them, dontcha think? I understand the incompetence of this administration but losing 1475 children, really?

Old 05-27-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
But no sympathy for American children who get separated from their parents because they go to jail, get deployed by the military, travel for work, or go back to school?

I have no sympathy for those who decide to break immigration laws by illegally entering the country, and then get separated because one of their relatives get deported.
We don't lose track of American children who are separated from their parents, the courts have jurisdiction over those children and they keep records of where the children are.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The kids are not lost. We are caring for them. When their parents cases are heard, they will most likely both be reunited across the border where they belong.

Hopefully, the stupid parents learn that they must apply for citizenship using our legal procedures to do so.

I do wish the kids had been born to intelligent parents. That was their biggest problem.
THEY Don't know where the kids are, what is it that you don't understand about that? The information about the missing children came from HHS, it's not fake news:

Quote:
From October to December 2017, ORR [Office of Refugee Resettlement] attempted to reach 7,635 UAC [unaccompanied alien children] and their sponsors. Of this number, ORR reached and received agreement to participate in the safety and well-being call from approximately 86 percent of sponsors. From these calls, ORR learned that 6,075 UAC remained with their sponsors. Twenty-eight UAC had run away, five had been removed from the United States, and 52 had relocated to live with a non-sponsor. ORR was unable to determine with certainty the whereabouts of 1,475 UAC. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/14...ldren-missing/

Old 05-27-2018, 07:33 PM

Maybe the kids who are lost are the lucky ones, look how the other ones who were separated from their parents are living. There's a special place in hell who treat children like this:

https://www.azcentral.com/picture-ga...lity/10808687/

Old 05-27-2018, 08:09 PM

6,233 posts, read 3,617,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Maybe the kids who are lost are the lucky ones, look how the other ones who were separated from their parents are living. There's a special place in hell who treat children like this:

Get a grip--in the first photo the girls are sleeping at the very end of the holding cell, up against the wall, giving the illusion that the whole area is only as big as they are. That is not the case. Scroll through the rest of the photos and you see that the children are on floor pads in a giant room. Do you think anyone wants them to live like this permanently or considers this ideal? We did not expect to be flooded with 47,000 unaccompanied children in six months. It is a government detention facility for people who've broken the law and up until very recently that meant almost only adults. Did you expect a Chuck E. Cheese with beds from Pottery Barn Kids?

Old 05-27-2018, 08:35 PM

6,233 posts, read 3,617,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

I guess you want Obama to go to hell, because Hadas Gold of CNN just clarified in a tweet that she deleted that photo because it's from 2014.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Get a grip--in the first photo the girls are sleeping at the very end of the holding cell, up against the wall, giving the illusion that the whole area is only as big as they are. That is not the case. Scroll through the rest of the photos and you see that the children are on floor pads in a giant room. Do you think anyone wants them to live like this permanently or considers this ideal? We did not expect to be flooded with 47,000 unaccompanied children in six months. It is a government detention facility for people who've broken the law and up until very recently that meant almost only adults. Did you expect a Chuck E. Cheese with beds from Pottery Barn Kids?
Get a grip? Would you want your children living in what looks like dog kennels, or sleeping with aluminum foil blankets on them? I expect them to be treated decently, I don't think that's asking too much.

As far as I know these children were not unaccompanied, they came here with their parents who were applying for refugee status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies