Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 03:26 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Are you insinuating that children should be kept with their law breaking parents when they get thrown in jail? Please be specific.
Yup. That's exactly what she's insinuating. After all we all know that illegals never abandon their own children...oh wait

Liberals have put illegals on a pedestal. In their minds, illegals are all sweet, innocent people who wouldn't hurt a fly. They're only coming here to work. It's unbelievable just how naive liberals are.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:35 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I pay more taxes in the USA than in Canada due to my interests there. Don't tell me I don't know what is going on.

You claimed that the statement below was nonsense. No, it's not! Illegal aliens have flooded the construction and other blue collared jobs and depressed wages. So no, you apparently don't know what is going on.

"Have wages been depressed and jobs going to those willing to work for peanuts leaving citizens unemployed or forced to live on less"?

Old 05-10-2018, 04:10 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You claimed that the statement below was nonsense. No, it's not! Illegal aliens have flooded the construction and other blue collared jobs and depressed wages. So no, you apparently don't know what is going on.

"Have wages been depressed and jobs going to those willing to work for peanuts leaving citizens unemployed or forced to live on less"?

Oh, look, average construction wages have been going up for the past decade. Want to try another one?

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/CES2000000003

Old 05-10-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Oh, look, average construction wages have been going up for the past decade. Want to try another one?

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/CES2000000003

Doesn't negate the fact that illegal aliens have flooded the construction industry and other blue-collared jobs. If those wages are on the rise I'd be willing to bet that they still aren't up there where they were before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border. I'm beginning to think that your interests in the U.S. include having a business here and you hire illegal aliens for profit. Otherwise I don't understand your defense of illegal aliens here.

News: Immigrants flooded California construction. Worker pay sank. Here

Old 05-10-2018, 04:23 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Doesn't negate the fact that illegal aliens have flooded the construction industry and other blue-collared jobs. If those wages are on the rise I'd be willing to bet that they still aren't up there where they were before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border. I'm beginning to think that your interests in the U.S. include having a business here and you hire illegal aliens for profit. Otherwise I don't understand your defense of illegal aliens here.

News: Immigrants flooded California construction. Worker pay sank. Here
Go find a legitimate source... like I did. All you show is a racist opinion blog that makes assertions with NO legitimate data.

Typical alt-right nonsense.

Old 05-10-2018, 04:28 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
What moron thinks this is a great idea? How would you like it if the government took your kids away? Sure they came illegally but no reason for taking your kids away. Who’’s going to support them?

Old 05-10-2018, 05:11 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
What moron thinks this is a great idea? How would you like it if the government took your kids away? Sure they came illegally but no reason for taking your kids away. Who’’s going to support them?
Have you thought it through? We keep asking the question but nobody seems to answer it, just a bunch of meaningless rhetoric throw around.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:11 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Peter Kirsanow, an attorney and Commissioner on the U.S. Civil Rights Commission, is quite clear about the negative impact amnesty has on African Americans.

From this article:

Among his claims, most illegal immigrants are low skill and compete with black males for jobs. But, he added, "the obvious question is whether there are sufficient jobs in the low skilled labor market for both African Americans and illegal immigrants. The answer is no."

Kirsanow noted that people often say that immigrants, especially illegals, take jobs Americans don't want. He dismissed that. "The problem is that there are thousands of Americas and always will be thousands of Americans, who find that those jobs are the only ones for which they are qualified. How can you better yourself if you cannot even get on the first rung of the employment ladder and find yourself essentially shut out of certain industries," he asked.

He noted that 2016 Bureau of Labor Standards statistics show that only 46 percent of workers over 25 with just a high school education are employed. The Census Bureau said in 2012 that half of blacks did not progress beyond high school in the education.

He also cited reports that illegal immigration cuts wages for blacks, and that makes black men "less appealing" to potential spouses, and one that a 10 percent increase in immigration relates to a 1.3 percent higher incarceration rate for blacks.

"Giving amnesty to illegal immigrants would only exacerbate this problem facing low-skilled men, who are disproportionately African American. The dearth of job opportunities gives these men less confidence in their ability to support a family, and gives women reason to fear that these prospective husbands will only be another mouth to feed," said Kirsanow.

And:

In testimony for a Senate hearing on the impact of immigration on the wages and employment of native-born Americans, two other experts said that legal immigration has cost over $500 billion in annual wages to native-borns, and that more than all the job growth in the country since 2007 has gone to immigrants.

Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions, chairman of the Senate Subcommittee on Immigration and The National Interest, called the hearing to explore the hit legal annual immigration of about one million new permanent residents, 700,000 guest workers, 600,000 students, and approximately 100,000 refugees and asylees has on the U.S. worker.

Anyone who denies this does so because they either hate America, are complete morons about the topic, are illegals themselves, or they're racist.

Absolutely no mention by some of our American posters about the homeless on the streets or black males who have an 11% unemployment rate.

Selective compassion.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Go find a legitimate source... like I did. All you show is a racist opinion blog that makes assertions with NO legitimate data.

Typical alt-right nonsense.

The source is legitimate it just doesn't fit your pro-illegal agenda. What's racist about wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced and providing stats proving how they have a negative impact on our society? Alt-right? So you think only the right wants illegals out of here? Why in the world would someone from Canada be so defensive and opinionated about illegals in "our" country? What do your business interests have to do with the rule of law? Hmm. And last but not least what part of illegal don't you get? I'm done with your nonsense. Buh, bye.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post

It's a great idea because it is a deterrant to those who are thinking of bringing their kids here. If they do so anyway then it is they that are separating themselves from their kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies