Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 10:02 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Seeing as you're coy about which "process" your GF used, I guess you've placed the subject off limits in your mind. Family-based? Employment? Refugee?

Because - as I'm sure you know - these aren't universally available options.

And I happen to know, because I went through the process myself. I am of course lucky - I have resources, sought-after skills, speak decent English and have Scandinavian genes. And I have no qualms calling it a colossal and expensive pain in the rear.
Seconded.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:51 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
And I have no qualms calling it a colossal and expensive pain in the rear.
So what?

Old 06-26-2018, 11:03 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Yes, over 500 of them. Pretty amazing feat for supposedly not having any fingerprints or ids.

US homeland security says 522 children have been reunited with families, 2,053 still in custody
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/24/us-h...-reunited.html
Really?

"The Texas Civil Rights Project said it cannot confirm the Department of Homeland Security statements that it has reunited 522 children who were separated from adults and ended up in government custody. The group said it can only verify four reunifications of parents the group interviewed."

Further, most of the children that have been reunited were still in the immediate vicinity of their parents. They hadn't yet been reclassified as unaccompanied minors and sent to other states.

All of this nonsense about fingerprints, etc.

The parents were given nothing when their children were taken.
No acknowledgement that they had children, nothing.

"“When people are processed through CBP, they have to turn in their possessions and they give them their receipt and are told they can pick up these items later. We value those items more than children,” Ortiz said. “People weren’t even given a basic piece of paper. … There is no claim ticket.”"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...arated-n886506

"It wasn't until just last week that the federal government began issuing identification numbers to families being separated at the border in McAllen, in South Texas, said Michele Brané, director of migrant rights and justice for the Women’s Refugee Commission"

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ted/724019002/

After it hit the news.

"The foster care advocates also raised concerns over the difficulties in reuniting children with parents who may have already been deported, noting that a reunification process was not in place at the time of the separations."

Advocates warn: Many separated kids will be placed in foster care | TheHill

They had no intention of reuniting these children with their parents.

None.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:12 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Really?

"The Texas Civil Rights Project said it cannot confirm the Department of Homeland Security statements that it has reunited 522 children who were separated from adults and ended up in government custody. The group said it can only verify four reunifications of parents the group interviewed."

I couldn't care less what the Texas Civil Rights Project can confirm or not. They are completely irrelevant.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:18 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Seeing as you're coy about which "process" your GF used, I guess you've placed the subject off limits in your mind. Family-based? Employment? Refugee?

Because - as I'm sure you know - these aren't universally available options.

And I happen to know, because I went through the process myself. I am of course lucky - I have resources, sought-after skills, speak decent English and have Scandinavian genes. And I have no qualms calling it a colossal and expensive pain in the rear.
I'm not being coy, I left the forums for a while, and no I don't know which process she used, but I do know that she worked hard for what she wanted....she also speaks several different languages, and she was single at the time.

I'm not saying it was a picnic, but what I am saying is, she always said, if I can do it they can do it....and to not do it, is a slap in the face to those who have.

If you want something bad enough, you'll work for it, if need be, the trouble is, we don't make them work for it...we use them to work for us, for cheap labor....and they are so desperate to do so, they allow us to take advantage of them....plus there is also a surge of criminals and gangs entering this country and has been now for many years.

A lot of American's call them Mexicans, but what they don't know is hords of other nationalities have been and are coming in.....

why? Because they can.

and of course you would say it's so difficult and expensive, b/c your on the opposing side of it all....

Old 06-26-2018, 01:36 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamdcastle View Post
What's up with all the "Christians" who think it's okay to rip children away from their mothers, lock them in cages, and store them in concentration camps on American soil.

I've read the Bible several times, and this was not a theme that I remembered in any remote variation...
Kind of a theme don't you think.

Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey. (1 Samuel 15:3)

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. “Go up baldhead,” they shouted, “go up baldhead!” The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for your children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children do survive to grow up, I will take them from you. It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone. I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre. But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered.” O LORD, what should I request for your people? I will ask for wombs that don’t give birth and breasts that give no milk. The LORD says, “All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them. I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions. I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels. The people of Israel are stricken. Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit. And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children.” (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)

Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, “Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple.” So they began by killing the seventy leaders. “Defile the Temple!” the LORD commanded. “Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!” So they went throughout the city and did as they were told.” (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died. (Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)

Old 06-26-2018, 04:46 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Exactly ^^^^

Meanwhile we did everything right and paid all fees and waited in line for years.

Most of the illegals are entitlement people who come here for economic reasons like they can do by entering through the front door.

The back door is used by illegals who don’t want to let anyone know who they really are and don’t want to wait in line but skip the line!

Old 06-26-2018, 04:52 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Americans don't know what it is anymore to 'scrimp and save'.

We just put it on a credit card.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:33 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Trump isn't to blame for these "separations". The parents put their kids in this situation when they came ILLEGALLY. Are liberals asking that these illegals not be punished and just be given amnesty along with their kids?
Though I agree with what you said, I would argue some of the Trump immigration policies might deserve some blame. I regret voting for Trump with the way he acts/speaks. I don't deny his 1st Amendment right, but one would think he would act with more tact.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:53 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Americans don't know what it is anymore to 'scrimp and save'.

We just put it on a credit card.
Generally speaking, US people have never been particularly good savers compared to most of the developed world. The economy depends on consumer spending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies