Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 08:27 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,931,811 times

Advertisements

The reality of course is that the illegal immigrant "issue" is enormously overblown by the Trump administration in order to fire up the base. After all, if you don't have any one to hate, and you can't show that something is broken, how can you get people to swallow some extreme populist dogma? It's a nine day wonder that the Cult falls for such simple-minded manipulation, but there is no doubt that Trump has been very effective with his tactics.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:28 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
My comments in Red. Your and others biggest problem, you're purposely mixing LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigrants together so as to demonize all those against ILLEGAL immigrants.
They are NOT the same.
You do realize that if due process is changed it would effect you to do you not? What the commander in chief is suggesting is breaking OUR constitution.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
You do realize that if due process is changed it would effect you to do you not? What the commander in chief is suggesting is breaking OUR constitution.
I've concluded that they are too deluded to care. I don't think they are stupid, it's just willful ignorance. It is more important for them to show they have "won" regardless of the cost to their own freedoms and liberties. The demolition of the basic underpinnings of our Constitution will destroy everything we have fought and died for in the end. They THINK that it won't affect "them", but by the time it does and they finally wise up - it will be too late.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
How do you know if someone, or something, is illegal without due process?

Yes
This immigration "crisis" is racist fearmongering
And there you have it folks, when there's no logical argument it always returns to left's standard argument it's raaaaaaaaaaacist.

Arresting and detaining criminals (illegals) is now somehow raaaaaaacist. That's the best argument you've got which is really sad...

Old 06-25-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I am NOT a Dem and forget Russia for a moment. Taking children from parents and shipping them all over the country without being able to comfort them or some workers not even speaking their language is a human rights issue.period.
Don't his base realize the breaking the constitution by taking away due process would effect them too?
What pray tell does your conspiracy theory tell you that Dems are up to concerning babies and kids? It certainly isn't them that are holding babies and children hostage to fire up his base for the Nov elections.
What do you call dragging your kids across highly dangerous countries and/or sending your kids on that journey with total strangers?

Why do you take as gospel that what you and the MSM is alleging is even the truth to begin with given the absolute FAKE stories that've come out over the last couple of weeks? <bold>

This whole issue is about Dems wanting more voters and using, yes USING these people as pawns. They used to be able to use Blacks and other minority citizens as pawns but that's not working so well anymore so they've now switched over to those who don't know any better (yet).

ILLEGALS have no expectation of constitutional rights other than to be arrested,processed and be tossed back from whence they came...

Old 06-25-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And there you have it folks, when there's no logical argument it always returns to left's standard argument it's raaaaaaaaaaacist.

Arresting and detaining criminals (illegals) is now somehow raaaaaaacist. That's the best argument you've got which is really sad...
Key word in his statement was fearmongering. The oldest tactic in the world to manipulate the simple-minded, used by authoritarians and dictators the world over. Whether it's liberals or Mexicans or Muslims or immigrants or dark-skinned people, Trump the master shyster is very effective at consolidating a base using fear and hate. Hell, he's got 40% of the population happily lapping up the poisonous swill he throws into the trough every day.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Please show in the Constitution where it says NON-Citizens have any/all said rights?

Old 06-25-2018, 08:50 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:

Due process isn't changing and I've posted the actual text of the 5th Amendment so please point out the part that is being violated.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:51 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Romans 13:1-7
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. ...

These are not my words but come straight from your churches, Boss.
Then good Christians who do not believe in abortion should follow Romans 13 and embrace the practice since
the Supreme Court has ruled it to be legal, right boss?

Old 06-25-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Key word in his statement was fearmongering. The oldest tactic in the world to manipulate the simple-minded, used by authoritarians and dictators the world over. Whether it's liberals or Mexicans or Muslims or immigrants, Trump the master shyster is very effective at consolidating a base using fear and hate. Hell, he's got 40% of the population happily lapping up the poisonous swill he throws into the trough every day.
Ahh, we should just abolish our borders then right? You want to talk about "fear-mongering"? Have you watched Pelosi,Watters their buddies Anti-Faaaa and all the other radical leftists lately? Have you listened to many on the left in the news, hell, even on here bleating and blathering about every little move the other side makes and how it's going to destroy the world?

C'mon, take off your liberal blinders and see that you're being manipulated, especially on this ILLEGAL issue.
You wouldn't let people break into your house and take up residence without recourse would you? WELL???
Same freaking thing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies