Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 07:24 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Can you give a reference that shows exactly what they do when an illegal entrant is processed?

It appears to me that ICE has been using biometrics, primarily fingerprints, to process illegal entrants as far back as 2011. I've seen plenty of pics of aliens being fingerprinted in ICE facilities with optical non-ink scanners but none tied specifically to the current batch in question. I'd think it common sense that every living body that gets processed would get fingerprinted as it is a cheap and fast process, not much more than asking your name.

However, there is this story that is now whining about Trump using fingerprints to identify parents claiming unaccompanied minors. There's just no way to please liberals! Don't use biometrics to keep track of aliens and you are separating kids from parents forever. Use biometrics to keep track of them and you are intimidating them and violating their privacy.

"Separating children from their parents at the border is creating havoc — but a new Trump administration fingerprinting policy may create even more in the future by discouraging their families from claiming them. Even before the White House imposed zero-tolerance border enforcement that led to an explosion in family separations, the Trump administration decided to collect biometrics from people who take custody of unaccompanied minors — with no guarantee that it won’t be used for enforcement."

"The new fingerprint policy comes as Trump’s aggressive anti-immigration policies already appeared to be driving down the proportion of parents who show up to retrieve children from federal custody."
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...hildren-636478

Real quick, moms and dads. Would you let your child remain in custody and not claim them because you would have to be biometrically identified? Maybe the number of parents claiming children are down because they aren't really their parents?
There are public records from current court hearings that note that there was no sort of documentation issued when the kids were taken. Nothing that notes where they were sent. Nothing that notes that a parent even had a child with them.
There was no fingerprinting done, no cheek swabs, no identity bracelets, nothing.

They had no intention of reuniting these families.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:25 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
So - if due process is out the window - any one of you can be imprisoned or deported. For any reason.

Hello fascism.

Due process isn't out the window. Due process isn't being denied to anyone. Nobody is being deprived of life or liberty. Immediate removal of illegal entrants is keeping them out of the process altogether.

Hello baseless fearmongering.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:28 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,920 times
Quote:
Due process isn't out the window. Due process isn't being denied to anyone. Nobody is being deprived of life or liberty. Immediate removal of illegal entrants is keeping them out of the process altogether.
How do you know if someone, or something, is illegal without due process?

Quote:
Hello baseless fearmongering
Yes
This immigration "crisis" is racist fearmongering

Old 06-25-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
How do you know if someone, or something, is illegal without due process?

Yes
This immigration "crisis" is racist fearmongering
They would codify guilty until proven innocent.
Of course, they’ve expressed these tendencies for a long time as we’ve seen from their defense of extra-judicial executions by police officers.

Remember the president took out a full page ad callling for the executions of the Central Park Five before they were even tried, and they were innocent.

This is the model they’ve chosen to emulate.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:

Hello baseless fearmongering.
Collateral damage, right?

How a U.S. citizen was mistakenly targeted for deportation. He

ICE held an American man in custody for 1,273 days. He

Old 06-25-2018, 07:54 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times

And how many innocent people have been convicted in court with due process? When you're dealing with tens of thousands, there may well be a few mistakes that slip through. Do you let that dictate everything? Shall we stop sentencing convicted rapists to prison because DNA has later proven a few were innocent? Show me a perfect system.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
How many homeless people, hungry children and the elderly have you helped? How about vets? How many have you personally helped?
I'm not the one bitc#ing and moaning about how we must feed,house and support ILLEGAL immigrants over our own citizens now am I?
I'm not the one bitc#ing and moaning about how heartless and cruel people are when they want these ILLEGAL immigrants (adults AND kids) sent back to where they came from now am I?

Old 06-25-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
So if you're on a sinking ship and drown because you don't know where the lifeboats are, it's your fault?
Yep, common sense and PERSONAL responsibility say you should know where you're going before you go there.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasAguilas View Post
Immigrants ARE NOT more likely to be criminals than U.S. Citizens!Illegals are alread CRIMINALS from the get-go.
Immigrants ARE GOOD for our economy. Illegals are not
Immigrants create demand for & consume AMERICAN products. Illegals do not
Immigrants bring INNOVATION to AMERICA Illegals do not
ALL OF OUR ANCESTORS WERE IMMIGRANTS The first true thing you've said.
(unless you are Native American)! Pure B.S.
My comments in Red. Your and others biggest problem, you're purposely mixing LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigrants together so as to demonize all those against ILLEGAL immigrants.
They are NOT the same.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:25 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
And the Dem base believes in the Russian fairy tale. It's all politics and no one is backing off. And the more Trump pushes the more his approval ratings go up. America knows what the Democrats and the MSM are up to.
I am NOT a Dem and forget Russia for a moment. Taking children from parents and shipping them all over the country without being able to comfort them or some workers not even speaking their language is a human rights issue.period.
Don't his base realize the breaking the constitution by taking away due process would effect them too?
What pray tell does your conspiracy theory tell you that Dems are up to concerning babies and kids? It certainly isn't them that are holding babies and children hostage to fire up his base for the Nov elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies