Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 10:08 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
In any case, we have a short memory with the 24 hour news cycle. This was and is an organized invasion. Let's go back to April.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1HA01X

And they were warned them not to come. This is really on the liberal activists who went down there and encouraged them to come in order to further their agenda. They falsely promised them that they would be admitted, knowing good and well what would likely happen but being willing to put those poor people through the ordeal because you "gotta break a few eggs"... Liberal activists view them as immigration martyrs who should be happy to suffer for the cause.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:15 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Prove it. You don't have a clue about the error rate of either and your ignorance has been exposed.
I don't know, you're right

It also doesn't matter.

Quote:
Mine too because it proves that due process does not apply to immediate removals since the illegal entrants being taken back are not being criminally prosecuted.
Your ignorance has been exposed.

I quoted the 6th amendment. The sixth amendment isn't the amendment that guarantees due process.

Venn Diagram: People who spout out about "one life is too many" and people who are now spouting about "what is the rate"?

Old 06-25-2018, 10:16 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
It's important to distinguish between people coming here and presenting themselves at border checks seeking asylum from those sneaking over the border hoping not to be caught. People have the right to due process, especially those asking for asylum, as guaranteed by our constitution. Children being taken away from asylum seekers is a crime against humanity and has the Statue of Liberty crying. They have broken no laws. Where I live in Michigan a private foster care service has been getting babies and toddlers from the border in since April. Someone I know works there and says they come with no paper trail of who they are or where their parents are. No data base. How is that okay with anyone?

Old 06-25-2018, 10:16 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Correct. Illegal invaders should receive no due process, no rights, and no expectation of kind treatment. Invading our border should be met with cold, harsh, bounce back. If you want asylum, apply for it. Before coming. You don't have a right to it. You ask for it. And if the answer is no, you make the best of it in your own country.

In any case, we have a short memory with the 24 hour news cycle. This was and is an organized invasion. Let's go back to April.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1HA01X
So true, it's going exactly as planned.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Your ignorance has been exposed.

I quoted the 6th amendment. The sixth amendment isn't the amendment that guarantees due process.

Then why are you quoting it? I've already quoted the 5th and shown how due process doesn't apply. Figured I'd shoot down any other irrelevant garbage you spew as well.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It's important to distinguish between people coming here and presenting themselves at border checks seeking asylum from those sneaking over the border hoping not to be caught. People have the right to due process, especially those asking for asylum, as guaranteed by our constitution. Children being taken away from asylum seekers is a crime against humanity and has the Statue of Liberty crying. They have broken no laws. Where I live in Michigan a private foster care service has been getting babies and toddlers from the border in since April. Someone I know works there and says they come with no paper trail of who they are or where their parents are. No data base. How is that okay with anyone?

That's not happening. And get off your baseless allegations about the govt having no way to link parents and kids. ICE has been taking digital fingerprints of everyone processed since 2012.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:24 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What do you call dragging your kids across highly dangerous countries and/or sending your kids on that journey with total strangers?

Why do you take as gospel that what you and the MSM is alleging is even the truth to begin with given the absolute FAKE stories that've come out over the last couple of weeks? <bold>

This whole issue is about Dems wanting more voters and using, yes USING these people as pawns. They used to be able to use Blacks and other minority citizens as pawns but that's not working so well anymore so they've now switched over to those who don't know any better (yet).

ILLEGALS have no expectation of constitutional rights other than to be arrested,processed and be tossed back from whence they came...
Wow just wow! many of these people are fleeing horrible conditions and are taking a chance with their own lives and that of their children because to stay would be certain harm or death. We are mistreating children that are already traumatized,does this not bother you as a human being?
I am not a Dem but, I certainly know whose fault this is. Trump administration devised all of this without any plan to fire up his base and blames it on the Dems. The GOP has full control so how the heck you can believe its the fault of dems is almost delusional. Using people as pawns belongs solely to Trump.
Face it friend, your president doesn't like black or brown people.
If constitutional rights to due process are removed it can and will eventually effect anyone who the leaders feel it should. It is going down a very slippery slope.
President Trump has accomplished getting Americans to begin to hate one another. I find that deplorable.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:27 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,644,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
If they’re in extreme, imminent danger, they don’t always have time to go through the legal process. If you were a parent who believed that your child may die if you stay in that situation, wouldn’t you do something about it immediately?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
By that measure, if my child was homeless, I should feel justified in breaking into someone's home, killing the homeowner, then living in that home. Do I have that correct? I mean, if my child might die, then any actions I take are justified.
That’s a bad analogy, and you know it!

Old 06-25-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Wow just wow! many of these people are fleeing horrible conditions and are taking a chance with their own lives and that of their children because to stay would be certain harm or death. We are mistreating children that are already traumatized,does this not bother you as a human being?

Wow just wow! Have you ever drank the koolaid! Those horrible conditions were 2000 miles and 2 countries away. They could have applied for asylum in Mexico City and avoided putting their kids through a few extra weeks of misery.

And what do you suggest? That we relocate the entire population of Honduras, Salvador, and Guatemala here?

Old 06-25-2018, 10:33 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
Quote:
That's not happening. And get off your baseless allegations about the govt having no way to link parents and kids. ICE has been taking digital fingerprints of everyone processed since 2012.
I don't often try to have a conversation these days with someone who is behind this president but, I am going to try. Please don't find it offensive or take it personal but, the administration did this without a plan and everything happened so fast that I believe they did mess this up.
I don't believe the decision to do this was anything but to get his base behind him and it is working.
It is a human rights issue and both side needs to fix this soon. Unfortunately I don't see this happening.
If everything is baseless why aren't they allowing the media or anyone to take pics inside these camps? I speculate that if they did many people would see the faces of babies and children and it would change how they feel about the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies