Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 07:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Seeing as you're coy about which "process" your GF used, I guess you've placed the subject off limits in your mind. Family-based? Employment? Refugee?

Because - as I'm sure you know - these aren't universally available options.

And I happen to know, because I went through the process myself. I am of course lucky - I have resources, sought-after skills, speak decent English and have Scandinavian genes. And I have no qualms calling it a colossal and expensive pain in the rear.
So in your mind should it be easy and free?

Old 06-28-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Though I agree with what you said, I would argue some of the Trump immigration policies might deserve some blame. I regret voting for Trump with the way he acts/speaks. I don't deny his 1st Amendment right, but one would think he would act with more tact.
What effect exactly does what Trump says or tweets on a daily basis have on your daily life? I can tell you it has zero effect on me or most anyone I know.
Of course I don't wait by the TV or Computer watching the talking heads and waiting to be offended or upset.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:47 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Though I agree with what you said, I would argue some of the Trump immigration policies might deserve some blame. I regret voting for Trump with the way he acts/speaks. I don't deny his 1st Amendment right, but one would think he would act with more tact.

Really? You voted for Trump? This doesn't sound very legitimate. It's not like Trump acted and spoke like a perfect gentleman before and suddenly changed after the election. You knew who you were voting for.

I don't know anyone who really likes Trump as a man. Nobody voted for him because of the way he acts or speaks but because they prefer his positions over the liberal positions on key issues. Those positions haven't really changed. You might not agree with some of the compromises or the prioritizations but the basic positions are essentially the same.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Really? You voted for Trump? This doesn't sound very legitimate. It's not like Trump acted and spoke like a perfect gentleman before and suddenly changed after the election. You knew who you were voting for.

I don't know anyone who really likes Trump as a man. Nobody voted for him because of the way he acts or speaks but because they prefer his positions over the liberal positions on key issues. Those positions haven't really changed. You might not agree with some of the compromises or the prioritizations but the basic positions are essentially the same.
I didn't like many of the ways many of my former bosses acted or spoke either BUT they sure got stuff done, did what they said they'd do and we were all prosperous.
We aren't electing a POPE now are we?

In my opinion I'd rather have a person of action that does what he's said he'd do over some smooth talking do nothing who promises blue skies and apple pie to everyone else while doing little to nothing for his citizens.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:53 AM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So in your mind should it be easy and free?
yeah???? My girlfriend never said it was easy, however, she did it, and others should be doing it as well....
it's not unreachable as many would have you believe...if you want something bad enough, you will work for it.

We have given out way to many handouts, and it's got to stop....

Old 06-29-2018, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What effect exactly does what Trump says or tweets on a daily basis have on your daily life? I can tell you it has zero effect on me or most anyone I know.
Of course I don't wait by the TV or Computer watching the talking heads and waiting to be offended or upset.
Personally I felt the same way as she did at first....Trump used to get on my nerves, but I figured out why he tweets, he gets it out there before the media has time to twist his every move...and, I don't really care how Trump talks...it seems he gets along really well with foreign diplomats and I'm more pleased with the job he is doing, more than any other president. He's done so much already...it's incredible.

and I sure feel a whole lot safer then if Hillary would be in there...she was murderous....and did nothing...
do you remember all the stuff she stole out of the White House when they left?

Old 06-29-2018, 06:31 AM

yeah, but you can't tell them anything, what they hear on the news is fact, right? That's all they know, they don't realize history or what transpired during other presidency's...they don't really follow any political news, but what supports their hate...this is why so many people have left the liberal side...and don't get me wrong, the republican's are just as bad...but geeze louise, what has happened to common sense...let alone intellect? Now I can bet, hardly any liberal will read this...

https://dmlnews.com/exclusive-cuban-...s-viral-story/

Old 06-29-2018, 07:05 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I suggest Trump tread water for now. We WILL have a new justice on the supreme court soon enough, and then we can confidently and intelligently EXCLUDE people we don't want from invading our country with the blessing of a court that will sensibly recognize our right to control our borders. And if that other miserable collectivist biddy Ginsberg can shuffle off or retire soon, boom!
Ahh, shucks, your lack of empathy and humanity is striking. You sound just like your fearless leader. I am surprised how many people think or say they feel are in our country. It is shocking.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Ahh, shucks, your lack of empathy and humanity is striking. You sound just like your fearless leader. I am surprised how many people think or say they feel are in our country. It is shocking.
what is shocking are the amount of people who believe it's ok to break the laws of your own country....that in itself is being disloyal to your own nation....period.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:13 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
How about YOU having empathy for my tax contributions! We can't afford to help everyone in Central America, the Caribbean and Mexico who is unhappy with their country's quality of life. And meanwhile, what about all the homeless Americans living on our cities' streets? What about American families who are struggling to find affordable housing? And shouldn't ask Native Americans how they feel about you inviting more outsiders into THEIR country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies