Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 09:05 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I watched a video, of these refugees and illegals coming into America...American's think of these people as being like we are, but they are not...their cultures are very different. They've had to rob and steal to get by all their lives....they started having sex at 11 and 12 years old, or were raped by kids their own age or men. American's only know what they hear from the media....and the media won't report the differences. Most of the countries we invade have extremely primitive cultures...unlike our own and you can't take away culture, it takes many years, generations to do so.
Wow, really? But you can't find the video or tell us which of these people start have such primitive cultures or start having sex at 11? That's curious....

Old 06-27-2018, 09:11 AM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
The first time that the national or international media captures agents of the US government stealing a toddler away from its mother, the Trump cult will be exposed as cruel, heartless, nativists on the world stage. Taking children away from their parents so Trump can appease his racist base is sick. The image of armed guards, police dogs and trains/buses standing by to take parents away from their children will be an embarrassment this country will never live down. All that is missing are the 'showers' and ovens.

I am ashamed to be an American.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnap...y_Nazi_Germany

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...e-1501011.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...icholas-winton
Any educated American, knows, these are stories and propaganda purposely to trash Trump...

This was being done by other president, but the media never exploited it, like they do with Trump.

you have to remember who now, owns the media...which is a very dangerous business...they are now able to sway the minds of the people of the world, do you realize, how much power that is?

Boy I wish like anything you people could wake up...

Even on FB they do it....they will show a photo of some issue, and that photo has nothing to do with the issue...they just used the image to sway minds...which is what they do, they project images, with pictures and words....

I'm not advocating it, but it's been done and this law was passed by another president, Trump was simply following the law, until he signed an executive order to no longer do it, and was awaiting Congress to vote on it.....

this is how the media can sway the minds of it's people.....

Old 06-27-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
we're talking about Bible verses...
The problem is that conservatives want to pick and choose their bible verses to suit their political agenda. Jeff Sessions is good at quoting Romans 13 but I've never heard this one come out of his mouth in which we are admonished us to treat people the same regardless of race or gender.

Quote:
Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Wow, really? But you can't find the video or tell us which of these people start have such primitive cultures or start having sex at 11? That's curious....
even if I'd show you the video, you'd have an excuse to counter it...so..what's the use, take it or leave it...I really don't care. I'm real tired of the Hypocrisy. One minute your asking for proof, and when someone shows you proof, you'll do your best to belittle that...so...what's the use...I really don't care.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
The problem is that conservatives want to pick and choose their bible verses to suit their political agenda. Jeff Sessions is good at quoting Romans 13 but I've never heard this one come out of his mouth in which we are admonished us to treat people the same regardless of race or gender.
Submission to Governing Authorities
13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Submission to Governing Authorities
13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
WTH? Now you want to do 'dueling bible verses'? I could argue Romans 13 with you but I don't think this is the appropriate forum, but if you are interested in how people other than Jeff Sessions have interpreted it, here's a good resource to get you started: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ans-13/562916/

Old 06-27-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
even if I'd show you the video, you'd have an excuse to counter it...so..what's the use, take it or leave it...I really don't care. I'm real tired of the Hypocrisy. One minute your asking for proof, and when someone shows you proof, you'll do your best to belittle that...so...what's the use...I really don't care.
In other words, you have no proof and want to make this about me?

Old 06-27-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
WTH? Now you want to do 'dueling bible verses'? I could argue Romans 13 with you but I don't think this is the appropriate forum, but if you are interested in how people other than Jeff Sessions have interpreted it, here's a good resource to get you started: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ans-13/562916/
I am not interested in dueling bible verses, however, it was ok when you posted one, wasn't it? So....

Take what you want, leave the rest...

I'm sorry you feel the way you feel....

Old 06-27-2018, 10:27 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
we're talking about Bible verses...
And?

I pointed out that the Bible verse that you chose to use to make the point that JESUS stated that Christians are to follow the law is NOT attributed to Jesus.

It is attributed to PAUL, who, while often confused for Jesus, was NOT Jesus.

Jesus said that His intention was to uphold The Law, meaning the Torah:

"Matthew 5:17:

"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. 17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them.""

So what did the Jewish Law that Jesus came to fulfill have to say about how to treat foreigners?

Leviticus 19:34
"When a foreigner resides with you in your land, you must not oppress him. 34You must treat the foreigner living among you as native-born and love him as yourself, for you were foreigners in the land of Egypt. I am the LORD your God."

Of course people are much more familiar with some other verses of Leviticus, but surely this one should carry as much weight as some of the others.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:29 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Not just conservatives. Quite a few liberals are doing the same to imply Christianity is only about loving thy neighbor. That is why religion and the bible should not be brought into political debates as a defense or excuse or justification for anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies