Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 01:29 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times

Advertisements

Going to Kent State tonight.......maybe I'll run into her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 01:33 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,124,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Our history of rebellion amounts to a group of slave owning white supremacists taking arms against their own citizens in violation of a constitution they swore alliance to.

That said, the rebellion in question only succeed because existing state based militias were already in place that could be readily mobilized to go to war. A far cry from the 100 million unorganized random gun owners. Assuming things go belly up, the government isn't going to stand around for years as gun owning citizens organize themselves properly. They will be busy rounding you lot up and shipping you to Alaskan gulags were you will be worked to death.

Also armed citizens can also be used by a tyrannical government to suppress the rest of the population. The assumption that you lot will always be on the right side of history is nothing but folly. I seriously struggle to comprehend how you gun guys think this whole affair is going to be played out.
You don't know much American history. And while I do own a few firearms, I'm not a "gun guy." I despise the NRA.

-Whiskey Rebellion
-Nat Turner's slave rebellion
-Taos Revolt
-John Brown's raid on Harpers Ferry
-New York City Draft Riots
-Wilmington insurrection of 1898
-Green Corn Rebellion
-Battle of Athens (1946)
-San Juan Nationalist revolt
-Black Power movement (Glenville shootout, 1969 Greensboro uprising)
-Wounded Knee incident (1973)

Hell, peep the numerous slave rebellions:

SLAVE REBELLIONS | history.com
The Five Greatest Slave Rebellions in the United States | African American History Blog | The African Americans: Many Rivers to Cross

Old 05-17-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
No...The threat started with her stupid sign. The implication is that she will shoot anyone who tries to take her gun. Throw a little chum in the water, as it were. Which, of course, is the whole purpose of this exercise isn't it?

I should be shocked by the cognitive disconnect you righties post on here everyday, but nowadays, not so much anymore.
I'm not a "rightie." But, as I assume you're a "leftie," let me ask you a question:

Does Donald J. Trump deserve to have armed security that the rest of us are not allowed to have? If yes, why?

I will be waiting for your answers.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:37 PM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Going to Kent State tonight.......maybe I'll run into her.
Repeatedly?

Old 05-17-2018, 01:38 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,243,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Yes, I am an anarchist.
And yet you spent your career designing weapons for the military. This would be like Satanist holding a job within the Catholic Church. The cognitive dissonance is simply astounding.....

Old 05-17-2018, 01:38 PM

858 posts, read 425,105 times
Quote:
I'm not a "rightie." But, as I assume you're a "leftie," let me ask you a question:

Does Donald J. Trump deserve to have armed security that the rest of us are not allowed to have? If yes, why?

I will be waiting for your answers.

LOL, how many attempted/successful assassinations have their been on sitting US presidents? Not to mention the political/social ramifications that come along with killing a head of state (WW1 anyone?). God, its hard to take your BS seriously.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:50 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
And yet you spent your career designing weapons for the military. This would be like Satanist holding a job within the Catholic Church. The cognitive dissonance is simply astounding.....
I assume that you went to State-mandated propaganda centers because your reading comprehension skills are lacking.

HE GOT OUT.

I GOT OUT. (worked for county government, police dispatching)

ADAM KOKESH GOT OUT. (fought in Fallujah, tortured innocents)

We were all once blind to the tyranny. What sins we committed prior to understanding freedom and non-aggression are burdens we alone must carry with us.

Now that we understand freedom it is important to judge us on how we act now and moving forward. If you wish to join the freedom movement just let me know and I can help you get started on the the path to non-aggression.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
No, I didn't "spend my career" designing weapons for the military. Let's see if you can follow along:

-I graduated from GA Tech in 2002 with my Masters in AEM. Got my first job out of college with Lockheed-Martin, which used to be Martin-Marietta. Local company and all. (23 years old)

-Got transferred to Denver in 2006, as they have a huge facility here. (27 years old)

-Worked for them until 2012 when my conscience finally told me to stop designing WMDs. (33 years old)

-Started my own engineering consulting firm in 2013. I work strictly with civilian customers who have no affiliation with the military or defense industry. (34 years old)

-I am now 38 and am still eschewing the defense industry.

(Mic drop)

Old 05-17-2018, 01:51 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,243,258 times
Quote:
You don't know much American history. And while I do own a few firearms, I'm not a "gun guy." I despise the NRA.

-Whiskey Rebellion
-Nat Turner's slave rebellion
-Taos Revolt
-John Brown's raid on Harpers Ferry
-New York City Draft Riots
-Wilmington insurrection of 1898
-Green Corn Rebellion
-Battle of Athens (1946)
-San Juan Nationalist revolt
-Black Power movement (Glenville shootout, 1969 Greensboro uprising)
-Wounded Knee incident (1973)

Hell, peep the numerous slave rebellions:

SLAVE REBELLIONS | history.com
The Five Greatest Slave Rebellions in the United States | African American History Blog | The African Americans: Many Rivers to Cross
We'll put aside the fact that none of these were attempts to overthrow the government and none of them involved a tyrannical government. That said, almost of those armed uprising were total failures. If this post was an attempt to prove that unorganized armed american civilians would rise up against tyranny then it failed miserably. Since you need some help with his I can give you some of my historical ammo. The one time in recent history where the people rose up in an unorganized fashion and overthrow an oppressive government was in Romania under Ceaușescu. The catch: they didn't have or use guns.... Which is precisely why they succeeded.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:54 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
We'll put aside the fact that none of these were attempts to overthrow the government and none of them involved a tyrannical government. That said, almost of those armed uprising were total failures. If this post was an attempt to prove that unorganized armed american civilians would rise up against tyranny then it failed miserably. Since you need some help with his I can give you some of my historical ammo. The one time in recent history where the people rose up in an unorganized fashion and overthrow an oppressive government was in Romania under Ceaușescu. The catch: they didn't have or use guns.... Which is precisely why they succeeded.
Public schools 1
Freedom 0

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies