Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2018, 08:46 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Impressing upon them the way they are expected to act in society is teaching them, however, bullying is plain wrong.

Teachers complain about this, they actually fear their own students, in some areas, and students are becoming violent, pushing kids, slapping them, etc....that is unacceptable.

Like I explained before, my cousin's grandson wanted it to stop, and it wouldn't so he wanted to kill himself...."why am I so different" "why don't the kids like me" why can't I be like them" I don't want to live"

A child's emotional stability depends on how well them do in school....the girl I was talking about who got up and scolded her classmates during a rally in Florida, begged them to stop, asked them to be nice to kids...ask them to sit with them at lunch, and asked them to stop bullying them.

"Teachers complain about this, they actually fear their own students,"

Teachers have LOST the ability to disciple which come down from the top all the way to the state governors.

They now teach, "everybody is a winner", everybody get an equal trophy, no more letter grades, everybody is equal, etc

Kids today do not know HOW to cope with "not getting their way".

They have been spoiled, coddled, pampered, babied and protected their entire short lives.

When someone DOES try to "make them behave" they don't know how to handle it.

Old 05-20-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
NRA = money to politicians (and accompanying marching orders) which gives them clout FAR beyond their numbers

Why are you a member? Or are you?

Do you really want to compare what the NRA gives compared what to what all the dem org donors give?

Be careful of what you bring up.

Old 05-20-2018, 08:52 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Do you really want to compare what the NRA gives compared what to what all the dem org donors give?

Be careful of what you bring up.
I think it is an important discussion to have.

Let's list all the biggest lobby groups and what they give to the politicians and how that works for them.

I think you'd be surprised -- voters aren't fans of these lobby groups.

Old 05-20-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
When you decide, as the NRA has, that ANY regulation is unreasonable, you don't leave any room for discussion, do you? I'm not against pro 2nd amendment groups, just this particular one.

"When you decide, as the NRA has, that ANY regulation is unreasonable,"

FIRST, you have to CHANGE the 2nd amendment of the Constitution, "shall NOT be INFRINGED"

Does anyone else see the anti-gun cowards NEVER attempt to change the 2nd amendment through a Constitution amendment which is the ONLY way to change what it says and means?

They attempt to pass "laws" that go counter to the 2nd, talk about "common sense" laws, file silly lawsuits, etc., BUT NEVER CHANGE the 2nd.

Trump has been replacing a lot of liberal judges with judges who FOLLOW the Constitution.

I see a day in the near future when many of these UN Constitutional state laws will be overturned by the courts.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
No. Background checks and a 7 day waiting period is good enough. Registration and insurance to me is very anti-constitution. I shouldn't have to register or insure something that the constitution says I have a right to own. Just like I shouldn't have to register and insure what religion I plan to practice (can you imagine if the government demanded everyone register what religion they were so they could use it to hunt down later on all the Muslims or Jews they feel are unfit to be in this country) I will fight this with everything I got.

" Background checks and a 7 day waiting period is good enough."

I have no problem with background checks or the rest of your post.

A waiting period of ANY kind, I am against.

Women have been KILLED by their estranged husbands and boyfriends WAITING even 3 DAYS.

With today's technology, a check can be made INSTANTANEOUSLY, just like when you use your credit card or when the police stop you for a traffic violation.

There is NO NEED to have wait ANY AT ALL.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The last school shooting, he had the police called on him 30+ times, but because the school wanted to not continue teens being picked up by the police and be more easy on them so they could get through school....

"because the school wanted to not continue teens being picked up by the police and be more easy on them so they could get through school."

Didn't that come from Obama through one of is many Executive Orders?

Old 05-20-2018, 09:08 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Rights dont from a piece of paper, you're born with them. As in a right to self defense. There shouldn't be any law that prevents a person from accessing a tool for self defense, no matter how a small minority misuses the tool.
The Bill of Rights is in fact a piece of paper. And is in fact where your right to possess a firearm begins and ends. It's obtuse to argue otherwise.

I disagree with you on the affect of that minority that's misusing them. They will end up impacting our rights. Watch and see. I just want a place at the table to ensure I can keep my firearms. You want to put your head in the sand and pretend that by being uncompromising and recalcitrant you will always get your way. I don't think you will. We'll see.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Religion is a terrible analogy. Cars are a better one. Granted there is the constitutional right thing, but all kinds of constitutional rights are regulated. The 2nd already IS regulated, just not very effectively.

" The 2nd already IS regulated," ILLEGALLY!, "Shall NOT be INFRINGED"!

Old 05-20-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I think it is an important discussion to have.

Let's list all the biggest lobby groups and what they give to the politicians and how that works for them.

I think you'd be surprised -- voters aren't fans of these lobby groups.

"Let's list all the biggest lobby groups"

It's ALL online. Look it up if you wish.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:13 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
A lot of things are not going to happen....however, lets remember what you said...

Yes, there are lefties that want to take your guns...

Why did you not respond to joe not enforcing the law?

Fearmongering? I Prove you wrong, then you go on some rant about abolishing the IRS....blah blah blah....that's what happens when you are not able to address anything....
I was speaking for the collective here, democrats as a whole won't try to take our guns away. Too many of us are gun owners. That an extreme has a view counter to mine is maybe(?) similar to how some extreme righties have a view counter to yours.

I told you I don't know much about Joe, what are you referring to? If it's a relevant point I'll be happy to respond.

Proven me wrong? By some old youtube? I don't think so, hahaha!!!

I've addressed every point that you've made. I can't help it if you have trouble articulating your questions. Work on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies