Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 02:19 PM

3,157 posts, read 2,735,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, but they're probably talking about how they were right, that this kid was f'ed up.

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for this mass murderer going on a shooting spree is not going to earn him any respect or sympathy. Now instead of just a few kids in gym class knowing what a horrible human being he is, the whole world knows what a disgusting excuse for a human this kid is.
It doesn't look like they liked him to begin with. He sure as heck didn't think he had much to lose.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:26 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Unenforceable? If a kid gets in their parent's stash of drugs and dies of an overdose the parents are criminally charged, why not apply that same principle to parents who don't secure their guns?

Metal detectors are only useful if there is an armed guard positioned at every single one of them. There isn't enough money in most school budgets to pay teachers a decent wage but you want to divert what little there is to hiring armed guards and installing metal detectors, neither of which would work by the way unless you replaced all the windows in every school with bullet proof glass. And if two kids are working in concert then all that BS still won't protect kids, one goes in the school without any guns or ammos and the other kid throws the stuff over the fence to him. Sometimes you just have to stop and think about the idiocy of these 'remedies'.

Why not just require that all new guns sold be 'smart guns', and retrofit the guns most likely used in school shootings with smart technology?
https://smarttechfoundation.org/colu...vated-firearm/
Drugs are illegal (assuming you mean illegal drugs), guns are not; that is one big difference. A kid can also take a knife, steal a car, take a hammer, baseball bat, rat poison, etc and commit crimes with those objects; should the parents be charged?

As soon as law enforcement uses the smart gun tech, then maybe people will consider it, bit I doubt you will see them using it any time soon, I will leave you with wondering why that is...Plus, the link you provided states it is not even available yet.

Also, what guns are most likely used in a school shooting?

Old 05-21-2018, 02:26 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
The kid was taunted and teased ruthlessly. There was a report that even the PE teacher gave him an insulting nickname like "smelly", or something like that. I'm sure that this harassment was done in front of others - bullies love to play to the crowd - the kid probably got tired of being outnumbered/outmatched and acted out.

I don't condone it, but to ignore the cause and write this off as some nutty kid who woke up one day and decided to shoot up a building on a random lark is absurd.

These incidents never surprise me.

I wonder if the kids who laughed at him while he was being teased still think it's funny...?
Maybe he should have taken care of his hygiene then. What girl is going to want to go out with the smelly kid in school?

I love these guys that dress weird, look weird, smell weird expecting a normal girl to be into them. At least Elliot Rodger was well groomed, but he was totally weird and narcissistic.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:29 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
It doesn't look like they liked him to begin with. He sure as heck didn't think he had much to lose.
No one is universally adored. There will always be people that don't like you for whatever reason. That is just a part of life. It is not a reason to murder 10 people in the hallways of your school.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:34 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Default In the Wake of Mass Shootings, Parents Reconsider Mass Schooling

https://fee.org/articles/in-the-wake...rce=zapier&utm

"Parents who remove their children from the confines of the conventional classroom are not running away from reality. They are running towards it. "

More kids kill themselves during the school year----interesting. Is school becoming too stressful?

Old 05-21-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Maybe he should have taken care of his hygiene then. What girl is going to want to go out with the smelly kid in school?
Right?! If the other kids are calling you smelly, take a shower and put on some deodorant. If you insist on being the smelly kid, you're going to have to live to deal with the consequences.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:36 PM

3,157 posts, read 2,735,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No one is universally adored. There will always be people that don't like you for whatever reason. That is just a part of life. It is not a reason to murder 10 people in the hallways of your school.
I don't condone what he did but he had his reasons. His tormentors thought they could dog him with impunity and now 10 are dead.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:41 PM

10,535 posts, read 6,172,858 times
Again, yet another excuse.

Mass schooling, mental health, video games etc etc etc

Blame literally anything except the proliferation of guns.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I don't condone what he did but he had his reasons.
It sure sounds like you are.

Quote:
His tormentors thought they could dog him with impunity and now 10 are dead.
One of the girls killed was harassed by him for months. He was not some innoccent victim.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:49 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Just uttering what your buddy joe biden stated....
Lets go down that rabbit hole, however, your failure is already noted, by the stupid comment of "why have any laws"?
VP: We 'don't have the time' t | The Daily Caller
^^^ sucks being wrong, but you seem to be used to being wrong....

And no....we should enforce current laws...by your standards you want more laws, yet don't want to enforce current laws...
So, the only laws you are claiming are not being enforced are for people lying on 4473's, well I shoulda known that, because it is the defacto excuse for claiming we can never pass another gun law.

It's true that ATF does not have the time to track all those people down and prosecute them, and what purpose would be served, the system worked, they couldn't buy the gun, right?

When I lived in Reno a guy was prosecuted for lying on a 4473 because he claimed he had never been convicted of a felony. As it turned out, he had been arrested for stealing a car 50 years ago when he was 17. He was given probation and told if he completed probation the case would be dismissed and the conviction would not be on his record. It cost him a ton of money to fight the charge, he had to have an investigator go to the state where this happened to see if they could find the case, they couldn't but a retired judge said that is they way they handled cases like that with juveniles and the conviction shouldn't have been reported, eventually the feds dropped the case.

I've talked to ATF agents and they said a lot of those cases are like that and if they started prosecuting them there would be a lot of anger from gun owners because for the most part they are just regular people who didn't even realize they had a record that would exclude them from buying a gun. A real criminal will have their girlfriend buy the gun, or just buy one on the blackmarket.

And by the way, Joe Biden is not my buddy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies