Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 12:55 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,248,104 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Bob The Builder
Quote:
He is the messenger.
Wilders is not the messenger, he only tried to make himself the message.

Quote:
Now what is your take on the video itself?
Like I said nothing but a work of cut and paste.
It is only a work of propaganda in which he wants to portray all the Islam as terrorists. If he wants to portray the Islam as terrorists he should also claim that the Jewish and Christian religions are terrorists.
He simply won't because most of his voters are Christian (Catholic).
As Hitler has demonized the Jews, Wilders is trying to demonize the Islam.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:07 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,232,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Bob The BuilderWilders is not the messenger, he only tried to make himself the message.

Like I said nothing but a work of cut and paste.
It is only a work of propaganda in which he wants to portray all the Islam as terrorists. If he wants to portray the Islam as terrorists he should also claim that the Jewish and Christian religions are terrorists.
He simply won't because most of his voters are Christian (Catholic).
As Hitler has demonized the Jews, Wilders is trying to demonize the Islam.
Thanks Tricky

Now I know where you are coming from. Me, myself and I don't think he is portraying all the Islam as terrorists, but I can see how many people would.

Do you think the Qur'an and it's followers pose any significant physical threat to nonbelievers?

I have seen all these clips before, I have read the Qur'an a few times, visited Mosques in different countries and have listened to Muslims explain their position and have observed their culture. I have my own conclusions, but I would certainly welcome your take.

I live in a Catholic country in a very Catholic town, but am not religious. When the Catholic priest comes each year to bless our home, I let him in and he does his thing and I thank him. I don't feel any fear. He doesn't try to lay any catholic guilt on me

Old 03-28-2008, 01:17 AM

Quote:
I live in a Catholic country in a very Catholic town, but am not religious. When the Catholic priest comes each year to bless our home, I let him in and he does his thing and I thank him. I don't feel any fear. He doesn't try to lay any catholic guilt on me
It is not about guilt it is about demonising those who are different.
If it wasn't for the age of enlightenment the Protestants and Catholics would still be at war here in Holland.
In the 60's the Dutch Catholics where forbidden to watch anything other than programs made by the KRO = Catholic Radio (and TV) Broadcast network.
Wilders comes from south of the rivers which is 'Catholic territory.'

Quote:
Do you think the Qur'an and it's followers pose any significant physical threat to nonbelievers?
They would pose as much a threat as Palestinians would be a threat to the Jews in Israel.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:21 AM

Quote:

They would pose as much a threat as Palestinians would be a threat to the Jews in Israel.
So that's a yes?

I just want to be clear. I have three little kids. I want to be able to guide them as best as possible, so I ask and I read and I listen. So your input is appreciated.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:36 AM

Quote:
So that's a yes?
If I keep calling your children degenerates because they are not like me, would this not provoke you?
Or if I would take their toys away from them because I am stronger, would that not provoke you?

If you systematically keep provoking someone in a negative way, would it then be surprising that he will 1 day react violently?

I must admit that the Israelis scare me because each day it is getting harder for me to see the differences between an Israeli Jew and a Zionist, who in my eyes are the same as a Nazi.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The BuilderIf I keep calling your children degenerates because they are not like me, would this not provoke you?
Or if I would take their toys away from them because I am stronger, would that not provoke you?

If you systematically keep provoking someone in a negative way, would it then be surprising that he will 1 day react violently?

I must admit that the Israelis scare me because each day it is getting harder for me to see the differences between an Israeli Jew and a Zionist, who in my eyes are the same as a Nazi.
A Ha! It is more than just the Hairdo I see where you are coming from. I am Chinese American. I have been called many names in my day. Different people react differently to adversity and some in the majority can really dish out the provocation.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:59 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,814,781 times
Wilders is showing that hate preaching has been the cause of the images he is showing and that freedom of speech is no longer there. In The Netherlands there is no freedom of speech any more, just as in other European Countries. If you speak you mind you will be on the death list. You don't even have to say something bad, he shows that converting to another religion is enough to be killed and it's allowed according the Quran.
In Europe I can't wear a star of David without being affraid for being hit or spit on by muslims. That is how far it has become. The relation with Obama is that his rev. is also preaching hate, not as the muslims but it is similar as how they were starting to preach hate in a mosque. Mosque are rarely used for religion and if I see the images of the rev. Wright on several occasion, that has nothing to do with religion, but just hate preaching. So people don't be ignorant, stand up and act and don't allow the rev. and others to do so.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:18 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,427,985 times
I dont think all Muslims are evil or anything remotely similar. I'v known too many too long. But talk to them & they will tell you straight out that there are many that would lop off your head & not think twice where they are from. Be it Pakistan, Egypt, Iran, you name it. Theres not much question that at the present time they preach & push hate more than most.
I dont buy the BS that its caused by racism or discrimination against them. Again, the folks I know dont seem oppressed or the victims of racism. Thats just a tool used by the Islamic leaders that choose to do so to incite their followers. Most all major religions have gone thru what Islam is doing now.

They cannot invade like a normal military force but its obvious they are trying to take over in many other ways, hell they tell you straight out.

People say the USA are butchers, but I defy you to find an American citizen that would saw off someones head on TV simply because they could.

For my part I'm just glad they cant get it together enough to become a true global power & actually threaten us. If Europe wants to swap cultures thats fine.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:44 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,251,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Wilders is showing that hate preaching has been the cause of the images he is showing and that freedom of speech is no longer there. In The Netherlands there is no freedom of speech any more, just as in other European Countries. If you speak you mind you will be on the death list. You don't even have to say something bad, he shows that converting to another religion is enough to be killed and it's allowed according the Quran.
In Europe I can't wear a star of David without being affraid for being hit or spit on by muslims. That is how far it has become. The relation with Obama is that his rev. is also preaching hate, not as the muslims but it is similar as how they were starting to preach hate in a mosque. Mosque are rarely used for religion and if I see the images of the rev. Wright on several occasion, that has nothing to do with religion, but just hate preaching. So people don't be ignorant, stand up and act and don't allow the rev. and others to do so.

That is really remarkable, that anyone couldn't wear their religious symbol without fear of being humiliated. That is really disgusting.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:17 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,814,781 times
The muslims want to force others to live in their country the way they wanted too. Never were people allowed to wera a cap in school or in a work place other than for hygene reasons, now the are almost wearing burka's. They sue the government for everything. Police officers who are muslims are not willing to shake a womens hand like they would shake another persons hand. It sounds stupid, but what they are doing is, pushing their life style on people who lived in their country their whole life. Most muslims don't want to work and want to get a hand out by the government because they think the government owes them.
In the sixties these people came to The netherlands because the Dutch people didn't wnat to do certain work. Than they had their entire families coming over and now the trhird generation doesn't want to speak Dutch, doesn't want to work and there is a high level of criminals amongst them. On top of that there hundreds of thousands, illigal in the country. The worst thing is that everybody starts to feel unsafe and when the Dutch people visit the muslim countries like Turkey, they find out the people are very nice , wear modern clothes, and work hard. So it seems that the people who moved are very religous and very hateful. The best stayed in their country!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies