Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:55 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,643,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Lucidus So you agree with me that there is a difference between the Islam and the Islam Extremist?
Or are you saying that Christians cannot become extreme in their beliefs?

Originally Posted by camping!How about those Christians who blew up abortion clinics, or the Catholics and Protestants in Ireland who bash each other's heads in for the merest of excuses?
About the nudes in art, doesn’t America have a State Sponsored Censorship!?

How many American Christians support the idea that homosexuals cannot be Christians, or that the unborn life should be protected at all costs (even murder) and other 'radical' Christian ideas?
Sometimes what is considered 'normal' in the US is often 'radical' in the eyes of non-American Christians.

The bombing of abortion clinics are a horrible thing......but they are also a very rare thing, done by nutjobs......the bombing were never sanctioned by any religion or clergy, and you would never have seen people celebrating in the streets afterwards.
As far as homosexuality goes, peoples viewpoints are just that. I have never been in any church that denounced homosexuals from the pulpit. I have never heard any clergy demand death for gays. I have never seen gay men hung in the village square......oh wait, I have, but that was in Iran.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:31 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
In response to your question above, of course all religions have an element of extremism. But, Islam seems to have the most extreme ideology of any of the major religions. The religion itself seems to be based on intolerance and oppression. If you disagree feel free to explain why.
so , tell me the precentage of extremism muslims according to total muslims in the world .

and tell me is there any muslim's countries which threaten using of violence ?

you said Islam seems to have the most extreme ideology of any of the major religions. , are you asked yourself before why did you think that ?
because usually the relegion which insulted is the islam .

is muslims insults other relegions in thier countries ? !!! i don't think so
and they never will do somthing like that because they respect all relegions and all prophets

when any movie appeared in hollywood which insult christians faith , they makes an objections and request for stopping the movie , why they do that !!! isn't it freedom country .

whatever the freedom you talks about is , it must have limits
you can't use the word of freedom to insult another relegions with false claims , are you agree with me ?

Old 03-31-2008, 02:09 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,281,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
so , tell me the precentage of extremism muslims according to total muslims in the world.
I never claimed to have such knowledge as to the exact percentage of extremists Muslims. However, I don't think anyone would disagree that there are extremists Muslims.

Quote:
and tell me is there any muslim's countries which threaten using of violence ?
Iran, for one.

Quote:
you said Islam seems to have the most extreme ideology of any of the major religions. , are you asked yourself before why did you think that ?
because usually the relegion which insulted is the islam .
I believe this because of Islam's intolerance of other religions, for example the Jizya(sp?) and dhimmitude (sp?) and because Muslims express a belief that the Koran is above all other laws. I also see Islam's history of murder and violence, for example terrorism, beheadings, honor killings, genital mutilation, etc. All of this and more, including the fact that Muslims want to govern the entire world. I do not consider it an insult to bring up these facts.

Quote:
is muslims insults other relegions in thier countries ? !!! i don't think so
and they never will do somthing like that because they respect all relegions and all prophets
Yes they do. Muslims refer to Jews as "apes and pigs" (this comes directly from the Koran). That does not sound like they are respecting all religions to me. Right here on City-Data, I have seen a Muslim say that 9/11 was the will of Allah. 9/11 was an act of mass murder of 3000 people, the vast majority of which were innocent civilians. That is not respect.

Quote:
when any movie appeared in hollywood which insult christians faith , they makes an objections and request for stopping the movie , why they do that !!! isn't it freedom country .
This thread is not about Christians.

Quote:
whatever the freedom you talks about is , it must have limits
you can't use the word of freedom to insult another relegions with false claims , are you agree with me ?
No I do not agree. First of all stating the well documented facts (these are not false claims we are dealing with) about Islam's violent nature is not an insult. But even if it was we have the freedom to do so.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:47 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,227,257 times
Threads merged
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies