Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 08:30 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireKwame View Post
I've had to watch it in bits and pieces...

"If my Mother or my Sister have sex with another man...then I will kill them too"

Wow! Sure sounds like a peaceful guy to me!

I've spent most of my life being a completely open minded person when it came to religion. But, now Islam is the exception. All you have to do is STUDY what it does to women, to gays...what it has done to Europe, to the USA...how could anybody find it an acceptable way of life?
Rather typical that he didn't say that he would kill his father or his brothers for having sex outside of marriage!

Old 03-28-2008, 08:35 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,509 times
Default Update

Liveleak had to take the film down because of threats to it's staff.

To be honest with you, I watched the film. I don't know how balanced and fair it is to all Muslims (?). I'm not that familiar with any of them, nor with their religion.

But, to some degree they are imposing themselves (ie, their religion) in our schools.

And, there is certainly plenty of them spouting hatred towards us.

So, for the sake of freedom of speech, here is where you will now find the film.

You choose what you want to believe...

Video: Fitna the Movie: Geert Wilders' film about the Quran (English)

Old 03-28-2008, 08:42 PM

523 posts, read 1,282,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Liveleak had to take the film down because of threats to it's staff.

To be honest with you, I watched the film. I don't know how balanced and fair it is to all Muslims (?). I'm not that familiar with any of them, nor with their religion.

But, to some degree they are imposing themselves (ie, their religion) in our schools.

And, there is certainly plenty of them spouting hatred towards us.

So, for the sake of freedom of speech, here is where you will now find the film.

You choose what you want to believe...

Video: Fitna the Movie: Geert Wilders' film about the Quran (English)

Thank you Migee for the NEW LINK. I had the video up since last night and it never occured to me they would take it down. Even I must WAKE UP!

Old 03-28-2008, 10:03 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,417,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I know that there will be Islamic apologists who will try to equate honor killings, suicide bombers etc... with the Catholic Inquisition. So, to get that out of the way, that and the crusades were over five hundred years ago. Somehow Christianity was able to stop their murderous instincts. Why can't Islam?
Oh, and the Jonesboro Baptist Church........everyone knows and views them as nutjobs one eclipse away from mass suicide. There is no one that defends their views (their right to free speach, but not what they are saying). Muslims dance around the murderous views like those espoused by the Imams shown in the film. Why is that? Fear or agreement?
Lets get to the meat of the topic. Why do most Muslims stay silent about the jihads? Why no outcry at the use of down syndromed women as bombs? Why no outcry at the murders of muslim women and girls who are honor killed? This is what I would like to know.
Oh, and please don't tell me stories of Palestine. These are not Palestinians that committed the murders in the Netherlands, Britain and Spain. Or 9/11 for that matter.
Well, for one thing 500 years ago Christianity was about 1500 years old, guess how old Islam is? I believe the Jewish religion was about 1500 years old when they took over the promised land. Maybe its something to do with 1500 years?

On a more serious note its easy to see whats happening. The religous leaders lose importance & power with the coming of technology, in this case western influence. The only way they can fight that is to radicalize fighters before theyre corrupted by bikinis & beer. So they teach hate & the ignorant among them believe in it. Its about power not religion.

The islamic people I know dont want to saw off my head I dont think.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:15 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,236,701 times
Wilders is not for freedom of speech, simple because he doesn't want the Islam to speak.
Wilders is also not for freedom of religion, because he wants to kick the Islam out of the Netherlands.
Wilders also wants to bar the Islam from becoming part of the Dutch government.
I guess Wilders wants for the Islam what the Nazis did to the Jews;
- the Jews in Germany had no right to do business (see Kristallnacht).
- the Jews in Germany lost the right to be free, the Nazis imprisoned them in concentration camps and they were shot if they didn't work.
- lastly the Nazis took away the freedom of speech from the Jews; every Jew who spoke against the Nazi government was immediately executed.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:49 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,236,701 times
Originally Posted by bentlebee
Quote:
First the freedom of speech stoped when the filmmaker was killed riding his bike during day time in Amsterdam and as the short film showed, the murderer stated he would do it again.
Nope, you confuse murder with freedom of speech. People still criticize the Qu'ran in Holland.

Quote:
Second, I never in my live have had any problems being a Jew although there has been and always will be the jokes, but a joke is different even although they aren't always nice and can be painful, but with the large group of muslims it is completely different.
So you are saying that Jews have no problems with European anti-Semitism?

Quote:
Since their parents don't wish to speak Dutch, they are very much behind in the language and will keep forever a lower level of what they could get if the would intergrate into the Dutch society. The 3rd generation is much worse, since they believe their parents and family should get more because in the sixties they did the dirty work for which they were paid.
Can you explain to me why many 2nd and 3rd generation Muslim girls are able to enter our universities? Is it because the Netherlands has given these young women the means and option to enjoy a higher education?
The 1st woman Muslim lawyer in the Netherlands is also one of the most successful of all the Muslim women in Europe.

Quote:
The government found out that El quada even was reqruiting some where. It is hard to believe but they had facts. It makes me sick to even think about it. Europe is no longer what it was, to bad and for me to hear the Rev. Wright starting preaching hate over here..... Do we want to go the same route as Europe. I'm glad Wilders made this movie with only facts and images which everybody knows about.
Facts? The photograph of Mohammed B (the murderer of Theo van Gogh) is not an actual photo of Mohammed B.
Wilders can't even get his facts straight.
The facts in the movie are as much fact as Hitler's propaganda.
I guess that those who want to believe these 'facts' just find it convenient and don't care for the truth?
As for Europe not being like it was, this also has to do with Israel and how it deals with their Palestinians and America lying to the Dutch government. The Dutch government does not blindly support these nations anymore

Quote:
How many religions would allow people to cut off heads and fly planes into buildings?
Well I also find it sad that it seems that Israel also can't separate their government and religion; they behave more and more like Germany during WWII.
Nowadays German Jews have even started to accuse our former Dutch PM van Agt for being Anti-Semitic simply because he could not believe what was going on in Israel and the Gaza.

Old 03-29-2008, 06:22 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,871,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The worst thing is that everybody starts to feel unsafe and when the Dutch people visit the muslim countries like Turkey, they find out the people are very nice , wear modern clothes, and work hard. So it seems that the people who moved are very religous and very hateful. The best stayed in their country!!!
That's because most Muslims who immigrate to Europe are from the poorer areas of Turkey, not Istanbul or the tourist areas. So you end up receiving Islam's version of the Deep South circa 1850.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:54 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by bentlebeeNope, you confuse murder with freedom of speech. People still criticize the Qu'ran in Holland.

So you are saying that Jews have no problems with European anti-Semitism?

Can you explain to me why many 2nd and 3rd generation Muslim girls are able to enter our universities? Is it because the Netherlands has given these young women the means and option to enjoy a higher education?
The 1st woman Muslim lawyer in the Netherlands is also one of the most successful of all the Muslim women in Europe.

Facts? The photograph of Mohammed B (the murderer of Theo van Gogh) is not an actual photo of Mohammed B.
Wilders can't even get his facts straight.
The facts in the movie are as much fact as Hitler's propaganda.
I guess that those who want to believe these 'facts' just find it convenient and don't care for the truth?
As for Europe not being like it was, this also has to do with Israel and how it deals with their Palestinians and America lying to the Dutch government. The Dutch government does not blindly support these nations anymore

Well I also find it sad that it seems that Israel also can't separate their government and religion; they behave more and more like Germany during WWII.
Nowadays German Jews have even started to accuse our former Dutch PM van Agt for being Anti-Semitic simply because he could not believe what was going on in Israel and the Gaza.
I'm not saying Jews have no problems with European anti semitism. Are you a Jew? I'm and know what it is. I never had any problems until the muslims are convinced that they want the power and nobody can tell them what to do. Except for the good onces, but there are large groups of exstremists in Europe. Even going shopping in Germany, I never had a bad experience and don't tell me I don't know hat the Germans did, because half my family didn't survive the WWll. My parents who were in hidding are telling me they can live okay as long as they live under the radar and don't say or show anything. But the muslims need to wear burka's, etc.
Wilders is speaking out and if you read the Dutch paper and the comments on things happening...Dutch people want to immigrate, they want to leave and knwo freedom of speech will cost you your live now a days even in Holland. But muslims can say the hate or want to kill Wilders and that is allowed, because OMG you don't want a muslim to be upset.
If you compare it to the rev. the same hypocritisy is going on. Obama calls out for Imus being fired but the rev... oh Obama just waited until he retired and that makes it okay. So hate preaching is allowed according to the wannabee president (N)obama!!!!

Old 03-29-2008, 08:00 AM

523 posts, read 1,282,748 times
The video is now also posted all over youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCrCsTMokTU

and seems to be receiving thousands of hits per minute.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:49 AM

1,506 posts, read 4,281,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Wilders is not for freedom of speech, simple because he doesn't want the Islam to speak.
Wilders is also not for freedom of religion, because he wants to kick the Islam out of the Netherlands.
Wilders also wants to bar the Islam from becoming part of the Dutch government.
I guess Wilders wants for the Islam what the Nazis did to the Jews;
- the Jews in Germany had no right to do business (see Kristallnacht).
- the Jews in Germany lost the right to be free, the Nazis imprisoned them in concentration camps and they were shot if they didn't work.
- lastly the Nazis took away the freedom of speech from the Jews; every Jew who spoke against the Nazi government was immediately executed.
Thank you for your reply. I don't know much about Wilders and that is why I do not endorse the video. How do you feel about Muslims using threats against the websites that host the video? Not legal threats, not "we will sue you" even though Wilders is being sued, but threats of violence and murder against people who simply host the video in the name of free speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies