Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 10:35 PM

73,131 posts, read 62,791,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
One day, maybe you could make it to Porcfest. It's an anti-political libertarian gathering every June in New Hampshire. The most tolerant, accepting place you'll ever see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93trHRh87a4
I'm not much of an anarchist. Not into pork. However, I have always wanted to visit New Hampshire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 10:54 PM

73,131 posts, read 62,791,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
It does, or at least it's the same type of people I saw when I went to a Trump rally in Tampa. Ugly people around me (I was inside). Reddest of the rednecks, and I have a lot of tolerance for rednecks as some of them are pretty decent people in my neck of the woods. But these guys were down right scary, racist, misogynistic and not people I would want to be around, nor have them around my children.

I won't repeat some of the things I heard in the crowd around me. I would get banned from here.
I've never been to any political rally, so I will take your word for it. Some of what you describe reminds of people I went to high school with. My high school had a large contingency of redneck culture. I actually did deal with racism in high school. Some kids did call me the "N" word to my face. A few kids said things like "I'm gonna hang you by my noose".I've been around some people who are bigots and weren't nice people.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:03 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,130,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not much of an anarchist. Not into pork. However, I have always wanted to visit New Hampshire.
It's "porc" for porcupine.

About - PorcFest PorcFest

It's beautiful up there. Not Colorado, but close.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:24 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,756,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Chances are the OP likely is, like most Trump supporters. Anybody who opposes Obama because he's a "Kenyan-born Muslim ISIS sympathizer whose real name is Barry Soetoro" is a racist. And of course they don't hate gay people. They just want to take away their rights and force them to remain celibate for life or undergo torture therapy because "God".

Trump is popular because people are angry about the social progress of the Obama years, ESPECIALLY same-sex marriage, transgender normalization, and the declining influence of the Christian Right over society. Trump is popular because most people want to see us return to a patriarchal society where white men hold all positions of power, women are in the kitchen, gays are in the closet, minorities stay on their side of town out of sight out of mind, schools start their day with the pledge of allegiance and a prayer, and everyone went to church on Sunday. Trump is popular because Americans can't accept that it's 2018 and not 1958.
Forcing people especially Christians to accept homosexuality as natural and normal is not progress. Obama and this thug administration took a dump on religious freedom to celebrate sin.

And no one wants to see a return of Jim Crow laws which was the product of Democrats in the first place.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:30 PM

32,143 posts, read 15,136,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump recognizes the power of America and takes action to strengthen it.

Obama saw the power of America and took actions to weaken it.

Just the facts.
Trump has greatly dismished our power in the world. We need allies but he has insulted all of them. He has no diplomacy

Old 05-26-2018, 11:40 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,609,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Forcing people especially Christians to accept homosexuality as natural and normal is not progress. Obama and this thug administration took a dump on religious freedom to celebrate sin.
Homosexuality IS natural and normal. It's natural in humans, and it's natural in animals. You and I may not be attracted to those that are the same sex (well, I'm not, I shouldn't speak for you, who knows, is there just a little twinge of desire when you see a good looking guy?), but why condemn those that do have that attraction... you know, like Ted Haggard for instance.

Oh wait, Haggard railed against homesexual attraction being natural, didn't he. Perhaps he was your hero?

Old 05-27-2018, 12:09 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,609,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Why?

If you had to work with Trump, live with him, or otherwise interact with him regularly or depend upon him, you'd hate his guts, too. His constant manipulation, abuse, and backstabbing are all well-documented facts that are easily researched. It is astounding the lack of empathy in this nation - Trump is "hilarious" until he hurts me, directly? Is that the theory here? Amazing...

Why is what amounts to trolling the entire population of the US, if not the world, with such an inept buffoon hilarious?
Those are all choices. They aren't requirements.

Old 05-27-2018, 01:49 AM

9,143 posts, read 5,819,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
All true but Trump is old and so are a large portion of his supporters. This too shall pass.
Yeah, but as old conservatives die off, young people get older, gain wisdom and become conservative.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:52 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,603,539 times
How about Trump actually loves America and loves American people, particularly the hard working Americans?

Old 05-27-2018, 10:01 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,837,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Yeah, but as old conservatives die off, young people get older, gain wisdom and become conservative.

If that's so, they won't be Trump's brand of conservatism. It's unusual for people who were once open minded and tolerant of people's differences to become bigots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies