Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 08:14 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
It is only two neighborhood areas that are filled with crime. I can see it all now. Trump sends in troops and a lot of blacks get killed, even the innocent. What does he care?

No, there are five areas / districts, not just two neighborhood areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 08:19 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,241,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Jason D Hill professor pleads for Trump to send military troops into Chicago

Wonder if Trump will do it.

I implore you to use your powers to suspend the dated Posse Comitatus Act, which unfairly limits your ability to use domestic militarization to respond to crises,

http://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-...ops-to-chicago

Something is terribly wrong when, in the most moral nation on earth, its third-largest city is ruled by gangs with a crime rate that is 35 percent higher than the national average.

Obama's home town is a liberal hell hole.
Chicago isn't Obama's hometown... it's Michelle's. Former President Obama taught in a university there and met Michelle. He no doubt adopted Chicago as a second hometown of sorts as I did from the years I lived there and lasting endearment to the city still.

Its wrong to label one of still top US city in vibrancy and Top downtown in the nation after NYC. It is a "Tale of Two Cities" in a booming core outward and the areas of cinc0entrsted gang activity.

Once Irish and other ethnic groups had notorious gangs. But true todays thugs worse. But shootings nd murders are down ... but still ridicules.

I'm surprised s ultra-conservative you are .... is using a ultra-liberal Professor as if agreeing with.

Some ultra-conservatives are fine with African-Americans murdering African-Americans. These areas/neighborhoods.... are where Chicago is loosing population also. West side areas continue gentrifying and even East Garfield Park has had triple-digit increases in home values I've read as speculators buy into it and rent and wait for a bonanza. Areas that went Latino first are the fastest to gentrify as less risky.

Most visitors and tourist. Do not go to ... or see these notorious areas. You can't go by looks alone either .... as homes with green- frontage are a Chicago standard and 90% of the city as standard alleys in back and most lined with garages.

The city in the 90s .... cleared out the worst blight. They still get at least bi-monthly street-sweepers cleanings and the city won't stand for neglected green-frontage it seems.
Chicago also is seen as a Cleaner city then many. Its core is notoriously clean, green and flowered outside of winters.

** Chicago also has been making itself into a tourism city. In 2017, Chicago set record-breaking tourism numbers with 55.2 million visitors.

Just for this Memorial Day weekend. So many travelers plan to descend upon Chicago this year, the city is now ranked as the top Memorial Day weekend destination, according to booking data from Priceline. The travel site analyzed it’s hotel reservations from May 25 to 28 and found that most booked city stays versus coastal getaways.

https://chicago.curbed.com/2018/5/21...priceline-2018

Supertalls and near the height under construction and near ground-breaking ...

https://chicago.curbed.com/2018/3/16...r-architecture

Chicago has beaches and harbors in its core and along its 26-miled of frontage on Lake Michigan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbHLjzCLECo

Video highlights a revamped Navy Pier ... to getting a hotel yet. Downtown Harbors to and skyline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY8p-lvdSck

Old 05-25-2018, 02:45 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,818,108 times
The author of the piece is an immigrant so has no real knowledge about Chicago's crime from an historical perspective.

If he did, he'd know crime is way lower today than it was 20 years ago there and Chicago is not even the most dangerous city in America and it went down without the need for federal troops.

I'd also wonder if Trump considers Jamaica, where the author is from, as a "sh*thole" country or not like he does Haiti lol.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:07 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What do you care now ?

When the military kill 700 in a year it will be worth talking about and sure to make the news.

Its the only way liberal MSM will cover it. They will be on it from the first report of a death since Trump is involved.
You post this "Something is terribly wrong when, in the most moral nation on earth,"

Yet you also post about America murdering innocents in the Middle East? My how moral.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:11 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,008,753 times
I say--leave them to their own devices.

They are controlled by Dems from top to bottom.

If they want help--have them call Giuliani and have him tell ya how he got it done in nyc back in the 90s

Old 05-25-2018, 03:30 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,645,527 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You post this "Something is terribly wrong when, in the most moral nation on earth,"
The words of Jason D Hill professor bother you ? They're not my words. You want to argue morals, go ahead.

Quote:
Yet you also post about America murdering innocents in the Middle East? My how moral.
Again not my words.
Have fault with the professor's words dispute them with your morals. Lay them on the table so we can carve them up like a Christmas ham.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:35 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The author of the piece is an immigrant so has no real knowledge about Chicago's crime from an historical perspective.

If he did, he'd know crime is way lower today than it was 20 years ago there and Chicago is not even the most dangerous city in America and it went down without the need for federal troops.

I'd also wonder if Trump considers Jamaica, where the author is from, as a "sh*thole" country or not like he does Haiti lol.

Exactly, so why worry about several hundred black folks being murdered in a city where at least the rate is going down and isn't as bad as it was 20 years ago.

If this attitude is indicative of most black people that would explain a lot.

Old 05-25-2018, 04:05 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
Chicago isn't Obama's hometown... it's Michelle's. Former President Obama taught in a university there and met Michelle. He no doubt adopted Chicago as a second hometown of sorts as I did from the years I lived there and lasting endearment to the city still.

Its wrong to label one of still top US city in vibrancy and Top downtown in the nation after NYC. It is a "Tale of Two Cities" in a booming core outward and the areas of cinc0entrsted gang activity.

Once Irish and other ethnic groups had notorious gangs. But true todays thugs worse. But shootings nd murders are down ... but still ridicules.

I'm surprised s ultra-conservative you are .... is using a ultra-liberal Professor as if agreeing with.
Only the ultra-stupid would deny a problem in paradise if they wanted to keep the paradise.

Shiny buttons don't require a fix. They only draw the focus away from them.

Quote:
Some ultra-conservatives are fine with African-Americans murdering African-Americans. These areas/neighborhoods.... are where Chicago is loosing population also. West side areas continue gentrifying and even East Garfield Park has had triple-digit increases in home values I've read as speculators buy into it and rent and wait for a bonanza. Areas that went Latino first are the fastest to gentrify as less risky.

Most visitors and tourist. Do not go to ... or see these notorious areas. You can't go by looks alone either .... as homes with green- frontage are a Chicago standard and 90% of the city as standard alleys in back and most lined with garages.

The city in the 90s .... cleared out the worst blight. They still get at least bi-monthly street-sweepers cleanings and the city won't stand for neglected green-frontage it seems.
Chicago also is seen as a Cleaner city then many. Its core is notoriously clean, green and flowered outside of winters.

** Chicago also has been making itself into a tourism city. In 2017, Chicago set record-breaking tourism numbers with 55.2 million visitors.

Just for this Memorial Day weekend. So many travelers plan to descend upon Chicago this year, the city is now ranked as the top Memorial Day weekend destination, according to booking data from Priceline. The travel site analyzed it’s hotel reservations from May 25 to 28 and found that most booked city stays versus coastal getaways.

https://chicago.curbed.com/2018/5/21...priceline-2018

Supertalls and near the height under construction and near ground-breaking ...

https://chicago.curbed.com/2018/3/16...r-architecture

Chicago has beaches and harbors in its core and along its 26-miled of frontage on Lake Michigan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbHLjzCLECo

Video highlights a revamped Navy Pier ... to getting a hotel yet. Downtown Harbors to and skyline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY8p-lvdSck
So when you are done and end your post what is your solution ?

The shiny button of look over here. Over here I say don't look at the problem because over here there is no problem. Oh lookie lookie over here is a cookie.

Old 05-25-2018, 04:08 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,528 times
Hey, this is rather amusing in a dark way!

I've sarcastically commented on how Americans on the right love to bomb other nations into the ground when "somebody from over there" harms us, but we always write off local terrorists as "lone wolves" and there's never any call to bomb American cities into rubble as payback.

Looks like Trump's clown-car might make that insane idea a reality! Go team! Bomb 'mericah for 'mericah!

Old 05-25-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Hey, this is rather amusing in a dark way!

I've sarcastically commented on how Americans on the right love to bomb other nations into the ground when "somebody from over there" harms us, but we always write off local terrorists as "lone wolves" and there's never any call to bomb American cities into rubble as payback.

Looks like Trump's clown-car might make that insane idea a reality! Go team! Bomb 'mericah for 'mericah!
To get where you are, in your post, you have to deny that not a day of the eight years, of the last admin. was free of war. Then there was the day that the gov. in power targeted an American citizen with a missile in disregard to children that would be killed as a result.
Collateral damage is acceptable losses if the target is taken out.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...erican/264028/

https://www.cnn.com/2014/09/23/polit...bed/index.html

Last edited by phma; 05-25-2018 at 04:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies