Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 11:37 AM

73,184 posts, read 62,875,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Jason D Hill professor pleads for Trump to send military troops into Chicago

Wonder if Trump will do it.

I implore you to use your powers to suspend the dated Posse Comitatus Act, which unfairly limits your ability to use domestic militarization to respond to crises,

http://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-...ops-to-chicago

Something is terribly wrong when, in the most moral nation on earth, its third-largest city is ruled by gangs with a crime rate that is 35 percent higher than the national average.

Obama's home town is a liberal hell hole.
I hope not. Last thing we need is the military occupation of a city, especially when we're not in a war situation. We don't need martial law. Last thing we need is guilty until proven innocent. Alot of innocents might get caught up.

Something else. The USA has little room to talk in terms of morality. Stuff like slavery, Jim Crow, Trail of Tears,etc.

Chicago is not even the most murderous city in America. That title goes to St. Louis. At one time St. Louis was among the top 10 largest cities in America, and struggled with violent crime in its heyday. It got much worse from the 60s onward. And the city's population has had a 60% drop in its population since the 50s and 60s.

Memphis was the murder capital of the USA back in the early 20th century. Memphis remains a violent city today.

Chicago had a far worse murder rate during the 70s and 80s, when former President Obama was in Hawaii, Los Angeles, and New York City, and in school. Chicago's problems predate Obama's arrival in Chicago, so blaming him is stupid and dishonest. Furthermore, Honolulu is a liberal city. Obama grew up in Honolulu. He was born there. Honolulu is one of the safest cities in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 12:00 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,124,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Jason Hill is an immigrant. You know they don't send their best people.
He's also a black conservative.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
He's also a black conservative.
I don't care what he is. The only time to send the military in is if some kind of rebellion is going on. If there is alot of crime going on, that is a matter for the police. If the police and the local governments are abusing the constitutional rights of the people, then the people should take it to the Supreme Court. However, you can only put the military on the streets if there is a riot, a war, or some other attempt to violate one's rights via violent rebellion. General crime is not grounds for military on the streets.

He's basically calling for a military regime.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:57 PM

34,299 posts, read 15,718,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't care what he is. The only time to send the military in is if some kind of rebellion is going on. If there is alot of crime going on, that is a matter for the police. If the police and the local governments are abusing the constitutional rights of the people, then the people should take it to the Supreme Court. However, you can only put the military on the streets if there is a riot, a war, or some other attempt to violate one's rights via violent rebellion. General crime is not grounds for military on the streets.

He's basically calling for a military regime.
What do you think of sending in some spies to find out what is really going on.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
What do you think of sending in some spies to find out what is really going on.
We don't need spies. We all know what's going on in Chicago. Same as what goes on in Memphis, St. Louis, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Oakland, Newark, Baltimore, etc. Drugs, gangs, angry young men being born out of wedlock to single mothers, the erosion of the industrial base in many cities, a subculture/mentality of "you disrespect me, you die". Even if we lock up the gang members, there will be more coming up. Why are people joining gangs? Why are there people selling drugs? Why are there people so angry that they live by the "disrespect me and you die" mentality? The only way the military could solve those problems is if said persons ended up joining the military.

Old 05-28-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Yeah, troops in Chicago will solve absolutely nothing.
And I don't want troops sent to Chicago. I'm not advocating for that. However, what do you think will solve the problems going on in the neighborhoods affected by violent crime?

Old 05-28-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Obama refused to address the mess in Chicago so why should Trump?

Trump is darned if he takes action and darned if he doesn't.

Ignore it, he is a racist and doesn't care about black people.

If he sends in troops then the headlines will be about how the gestapo is marching goosestep door to door and dragging out people to be arrested. Is Chicago like Warsaw in 1939 ?? The press doesn't care if the people being arrested are actually criminals and watch out because heads will be rolling if a "innocent" person should get hurt.

There are a few neighborhoods in Chicago just as there are a few in every city that are havens for drugs, crimes and gangs. I see nothing wrong with cleaning them up and certainly the good folks that are forced to live there due to poverty would see nothing wrong with it either but the Left... well we have seen them stand up for MS13..
Most Presidents don't address the problems of violent crime going on in Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore,etc. They are local problems. Unless a riot breaks out, it is a local problem. Unless there is a situation where one's constitutional rights are being violated, it will be looked at as a local problem.

In my experiences, some people only bring up Chicago as a euphemism for Obama, or to complain about Black people.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Just black folks killing each other. Shows you exactly how much liberals really care.
Same thing going on in Tulsa, a conservative city. Black on Black murder. No one really cares as long as it's limited to Black neighborhoods. You can't blame this on liberals or conservatives. This is considered business as usual for many.

The only time anyone brings it up is for the purpose of saying "see, this is why we don't like Black people around us, they're violent". Other than that, it's looked at by both sides as "well, if it's just their neighborhood, not our problem".

Old 05-29-2018, 10:29 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,861,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Exactly, so why worry about several hundred black folks being murdered in a city where at least the rate is going down and isn't as bad as it was 20 years ago.

If this attitude is indicative of most black people that would explain a lot.

Sigh for you...I had no "attitude" in the post. Only spoke of the fact that if Federal Troops are supposed to be lowering murder rates, that it doesn't make sense since the murder rate of the city has fallen pretty consistently over the past 20 years.

Honestly, this seems to be a very strange post. How was my "attitude" shown in regards to stating the obvious. I thought you were from the Chicagoland area and due to that I know you are aware of the fact that murder rate has gone down.

Me saying he's an immigrant and doesn't have this historical knowledge looks correct. Also federal troops have no way of stopping murder, especially since most murders, no matter where they occur are personal in nature. If someone wants to kill another person, they will do it one way or another and most people get killed in their own homes, not on the street or in some sort of planned event where the National Guard would be able to prevent the death.

I'll be honest and note I think you are upset about something I said to you before I guess based on this weirdo post. Seems you are the one with the attitude.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:37 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,861,709 times
Quote:
Liberal professor is an expert on things he doesn't understand. Situation normal.

I agree with the above. Often professors (liberal or not) have very little real world knowledge and are only theorizing or commenting on ideas and not reality.

Will note on my "attitude" about people being killed in Chicago, I don't live in Chicago so I honestly am not all that invested in the city. I do have family who live there though but I don't worry about them being killed since they aren't gang members or involved in crime and if there were/are then they take the risk of being killed.

I actually have had a family member killed in the past couple of years. He was a gang member and involved in crime and that is what happens to people who chose a life of crime. And IMO he did, indeed, CHOOSE, a life of crime based on the fact that his parents were/are not criminals and are regular middle class individuals. Unfortunately his father died when he was a baby from a random cardiac event and ironically his father was a police officer and his son grew up and got involved in crime. We all knew that if he didn't change his ways, he'd be killed or imprisoned long term. That's what happens to criminals. I have young relatives who I also feel will eventually be killed or imprisoned right now. I feel bad for the family that remains in both situations and especially those of the victims and hope that those involved in crime change their ways but to think that federal troops will do anything of value is a silly idea IMO and it is indicative of some silly theoretic nonsense no matter if it is from a liberal college professor or a conservative politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies