Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 07:29 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times

Advertisements

Was he able to reach him on the golf course to make the request?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 07:35 AM

39,088 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Trump's authoritarian fascist state and its supporters are chomping at the bit to use troops to attack and kill Americans who they don't accept on racial and ethnic grounds.

Old 05-26-2018, 07:38 AM

15,649 posts, read 10,405,925 times
Perhaps the author of this article, a professor of DePaul university, should use his persuasive powers on his fellow Chicagoans to elect an effective, crime-fighting mayor. the citizens seem to like the way things are going in chicago as they keep electing Rahm Emanuel.

the citizens of Chicago overwhelmingly voted for Hillary, not trump. I'd think any intervention on his part in Chicago's crime problems would be considered very negative.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:36 AM

22,666 posts, read 24,627,441 times
Yeah, troops in Chicago will solve absolutely nothing.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:46 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,470,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Jason D Hill professor pleads for Trump to send military troops into Chicago

Wonder if Trump will do it.

I implore you to use your powers to suspend the dated Posse Comitatus Act, which unfairly limits your ability to use domestic militarization to respond to crises,

http://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-...ops-to-chicago

Something is terribly wrong when, in the most moral nation on earth, its third-largest city is ruled by gangs with a crime rate that is 35 percent higher than the national average.

Obama's home town is a liberal hell hole.
You post is a hell hole. Chicago is fine.

I am amazed that so-called Republicans would argue for Federal overreach. Chicago was chartered by the state of Illinois, the state would be responsible for managing any issues with an incorporated city, if they thought it was warranted. If I recall correctly the state of Florida revoked a charter to one of it's towns a couple of years ago, and quite a while back Illinois stepped in to take over the police department of Republican controlled Cicero Illinois, due to their rampant corruption.

The president does not actually have the authority to send troops to Chicago, without it being requested by the state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Obama refused to address the mess in Chicago ...
Chicago is a lovely city, I am there a lot.

Mr Obama is a constitutional scholar, he knows the limits of presidential power.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:52 AM

89,067 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Jason D Hill professor pleads for Trump to send military troops into Chicago

Wonder if Trump will do it.

I implore you to use your powers to suspend the dated Posse Comitatus Act, which unfairly limits your ability to use domestic militarization to respond to crises,

Mr. President, please send the troops to Chicago | TheHill

Something is terribly wrong when, in the most moral nation on earth, its third-largest city is ruled by gangs with a crime rate that is 35 percent higher than the national average.

Obama's home town is a liberal hell hole.
And he just gave a few examples. There are MANY more, and it's not just college-age kids. It's high school and grade school kids, too. Kids have been beaten to death just for crossing the wrong street to get to school. It's a "turf" thing. The city is run by Black and Brown warlords, not by law and order. The professor is right. Those kids have NO chance until the warlords, gangbangers, and thugs are cleaned out of there.

Obama didn't give a ****, so nothing ever changed.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:54 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
Prior admin did not see Chicago violence as a problem —-
Advocated for second chance policy on crime
less aggressive police action to deescalate violence
Felt stronger gun ban laws were the solution
Next time a p stone gang member purchases a weapon at a licensed gun shop we can measure the results
Signed a Chicago native

Old 05-26-2018, 10:12 AM

89,067 posts, read 44,895,573 times
The Chicago Crime Commission publishes very thorough info on Chicago's 70 gangs, their colors (clothing, not skin), identifier hand signals, and 68,000 gang members:

68,000 gang members counted by new Gang Book - tribunedigital-chicagotribune

Old 05-26-2018, 10:16 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,385,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Yeah, troops in Chicago will solve absolutely nothing.
Solve no problem that exists and create many more. This is not an option, and I'm surprised the professor doesn't understand that. As horrible as the violence in Chicago is, sending in the National Guard is a terrible idea. I can't believe I'm writing this, but good on the president for exercising restraint.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:44 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,674,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Solve no problem that exists and create many more. This is not an option, and I'm surprised the professor doesn't understand that. As horrible as the violence in Chicago is, sending in the National Guard is a terrible idea. I can't believe I'm writing this, but good on the president for exercising restraint.
Liberal professor is an expert on things he doesn't understand. Situation normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies