Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 01:48 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times

Advertisements

Interesting piece from last year in Salon. https://www.salon.com/2017/01/08/you...e-his-critics/

"Ironically, efforts to pathologize or psychologize those who oppose Donald Trump actually reflect deeper problems with both him as a candidate and now president-elect, as well as his supporters. Psychologists and other observers have concluded that Donald Trump may suffer from narcissistic personality disorder. He is an egomaniac with delusions of grandeur. Trump is also profoundly ignorant, and as the Atlantic pointed out in a blistering condemnation during the 2016 campaign, "he appears not to read." His movement possesses the attributes of a political cult. Trump is now also the leader of a Republican Party (and broader conservative movement) that acts more like a religion than a functional political organization interested in responsible governance."

I see this constantly on this forum, and I'm not sure if people who constantly go on about it realize that nobody actually thinks this is a disorder. It's just a nuisance where people toss it casually into any attempt to hold a conversation where parties are not in agreement.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:05 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
so you are telling me some liberal on the very liberal Salon.com doesn't like being "pathologized"

really? I am shocked I tell you! Shocked!!

there really is a Trump Derangement Syndrome and the left is suffering terribly.

Otherwise we have to assume rationality when vast numbers of Leftists say stuff like "MS13 are people too"

Old 06-01-2018, 02:08 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Will the Trump worshippers admit they had Obama Derangement Syndrome then?

Old 06-01-2018, 02:10 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Um..no. Obama was a lame duck cuc..the most we did was shake our head in sheer disgust and muttered how incompetent he is. We certainly didnt riot in the streets

Old 06-01-2018, 02:11 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Interesting piece from last year in Salon. https://www.salon.com/2017/01/08/you...e-his-critics/

"Ironically, efforts to pathologize or psychologize those who oppose Donald Trump actually reflect deeper problems with both him as a candidate and now president-elect, as well as his supporters. Psychologists and other observers have concluded that Donald Trump may suffer from narcissistic personality disorder. He is an egomaniac with delusions of grandeur. Trump is also profoundly ignorant, and as the Atlantic pointed out in a blistering condemnation during the 2016 campaign, "he appears not to read." His movement possesses the attributes of a political cult. Trump is now also the leader of a Republican Party (and broader conservative movement) that acts more like a religion than a functional political organization interested in responsible governance."

I see this constantly on this forum, and I'm not sure if people who constantly go on about it realize that nobody actually thinks this is a disorder. It's just a nuisance where people toss it casually into any attempt to hold a conversation where parties are not in agreement.
I totally agree. But cons only copied the term from Democrats when President Obama was in office and they had ODS bad.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:20 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,495,737 times
RedZin - Well, if anti-Trump people are said to be suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome, there is one for people who swallow every crappy idea or statement that the Donald dispenses. It is Trump Zombie Syndrome or TZS. These brain-dead folks eat up everything his says ...and practically proclaim him as the new political messiah. They may try to eat the brains of any clear-thinking person with an independent, moderate or left-leaning thought!

Watch out for friends or relatives that fall prey to this insideous disease!

Old 06-01-2018, 02:22 PM

1,239 posts, read 511,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

People use TDS in many different ways.

My favorites are: Trump's Deranged Sycophants, and Trump's Deplorable Sodomites

When talking about Trump, TDS can refer to:
Trumps Diminutive Stature or Trump's Dumb Self.

If you look at the posters here who refer to TDS as Trump Derangement Syndrome, you will find that they are typically dealing with a mutated strain of the disease that seems to target a weakness in low IQ's, and leaves its victims beyond hope of recovery.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:27 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
One only needs to be on this forum for just a few minutes to know without any doubt that Trump Derangement Syndrome is very real.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
so you are telling me some liberal on the very liberal Salon.com doesn't like being "pathologized"

really? I am shocked I tell you! Shocked!!

there really is a Trump Derangement Syndrome and the left is suffering terribly.

Otherwise we have to assume rationality when vast numbers of Leftists say stuff like "MS13 are people too"
No, there's not. It's not a real thing. It's made up. Just like most of the crap Trump says. MS13 are people. They are not very nice people. They are quite terrible people, but they are people.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I don't think they did. I think they just didn't like Obama.

It's not a psychological syndrome. It's just dislike. Even if it seems to be unreasonable, people are free to like and dislike whatever they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies