Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 03:16 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times

Advertisements

It's the same b.s. as those who really think liberalism is a mental disorder.

If brains were explosive, they wouldn't be blowing any ears off.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:17 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
How about PIDWDS?
President I disagree with disorder syndrome.
How about just PIDW?

Because there's no disorder.

And no syndrome.

There are just people who do not like him and do not agree with him.

Which is totally fine, really.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
It's the same b.s. as those who really think liberalism is a mental disorder.

If brains were explosive, they wouldn't be blowing any ears off.
True.

I don't think that being a conservative is a mental disorder. It's just another way of thinking.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:18 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
While I generally look at anyone who used the term you just used and think that they are being lazy in their explanations, I will play along and say that you did not like Obama. I do not like Trump.

And, you cannot pretend that the Tea Partiers, Birthers, and other Obama detractors were all sitting around sipping cold drinks and having cucumber sandwiches while calmly discussing their dislike of his performance.

That's not what happened.
No--i disagree. I do not dislike Barak as a man. I'm sure he was a nice guy. However I did not like him as President, i think he was utter rubbish. There are a lot if things Trump does that annoys me. But I will go along with his childish antics as long as America is prospering and growing stronger.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:22 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Interesting piece from last year in Salon. https://www.salon.com/2017/01/08/you...e-his-critics/

"Ironically, efforts to pathologize or psychologize those who oppose Donald Trump actually reflect deeper problems with both him as a candidate and now president-elect, as well as his supporters. Psychologists and other observers have concluded that Donald Trump may suffer from narcissistic personality disorder. He is an egomaniac with delusions of grandeur. Trump is also profoundly ignorant, and as the Atlantic pointed out in a blistering condemnation during the 2016 campaign, "he appears not to read." His movement possesses the attributes of a political cult. Trump is now also the leader of a Republican Party (and broader conservative movement) that acts more like a religion than a functional political organization interested in responsible governance."

I see this constantly on this forum, and I'm not sure if people who constantly go on about it realize that nobody actually thinks this is a disorder. It's just a nuisance where people toss it casually into any attempt to hold a conversation where parties are not in agreement.
From your thread title, it sounds like an order. The last election pushed most Leftists beyond their threshold of pain.
TDS exists because I say it does.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
No--i disagree. I do not dislike Barak as a man. I'm sure he was a nice guy. However I did not like him as President, i think he was utter rubbish. There are a lot if things Trump does that annoys me. But I will go along with his childish antics as long as America is prospering and growing stronger.
I have had presidents like that. Bush Jr was like that (mind you, I even voted for him the first time). I came to see him as a really ineffective president, but I never really disliked him at all. I like him more now than I did back then, too.

I think Obama seems like a decent guy. I didn't agree with all that he did while in office, either.

Trump, I have just never liked him as a person. He's nauseating.

But... if he was doing things that I wanted a president to do, I'd just roll my eyes at his personal shortcomings and ignore the rest.

He's disappointing to me as a person and as a president. Saying so isn't any sort of derangement. I didn't have a "side" where I feel like my team lost or anything.

I think he's a national embarrassment. And he's the first president I've felt that way about, really. I mean, most of them have done embarrassing things sometimes, but it seems hard for him NOT to.

Again, that is my perspective on him and it's not coming from some place of sitting around, watching news 24/7 (I don't even have cable TV) and yelling at it. I do not watch any of his speeches. I occasionally will read transcripts, but most of it sounds like gibberish when I am reading it and it pains me that we have a president who sounds like a drunken uncle at a family reunion.

I'm not overstating the way he strikes me at all. But, I'm not out wearing a pink hat or anything.

I do not see that as being effective in the current political climate.

Plus, I personally think the hats look silly.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:25 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
I pray to God it's real... it's scary to think y'all riot and burn down neighborhoods spontaneously!

Old 06-01-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
From your thread title, it sounds like an order. The last election pushed most Leftists beyond their threshold of pain.
TDS exists because I say it does.
Nah... I don't have any sort of authority over what you choose to say. It's not any different than all the titles in here with "BREAKING" in them that contain old news or non news.

It's just a title.

You can say it exists, but that does not make it any more real to anyone who realizes it does not.

Some folks are crazy. Some of them don't like Trump. This does not mean that all the people who are not Trump fans are deranged.

False equivalency.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
I pray to God it's real... it's scary to think y'all riot and burn down neighborhoods spontaneously!
I don't riot or burn down neighborhoods. Who are you talking about, exactly? Some sort of fringe element and maybe some of them are nuts. Or maybe they are really angry. Or maybe they are both.

I don't think all people who own guns are future mass murderers, so why do you think that people who riot or burn stuff are synonymous with "all people who are not Trump supporters"?

It's kinda silly to assume that that much of the population is a hair's breadth away from starting a riot.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:32 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Um..no. Obama was a lame duck cuc..the most we did was shake our head in sheer disgust and muttered how incompetent he is. We certainly didnt riot in the streets
The vast majority of Trump's critics don't riot in the streets either, and I think you know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies