Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2018, 05:50 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
our side??
lol

We adopted our kids

abortion is murder...justify it however you want...abortion is the murder of a baby period
So I guess you demand a law be passed requiring all pregnant women to give birth or else face murder charges. Right?

Old 06-06-2018, 05:52 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Many women don't regret the abortion itself - but the decisions or life choices that led to being in that particular situation.
I agree with this.

I myself would not touch this subject with a ten foot pole. In my opinion, NOTHING good comes out of abortion debate.

All these being said, one woman shared her life experience and I am sure she is not alone. I am not sure what this would prove though. Does it prove that all women should not go through it? probably not.

It is a tough decision I am sure and I dare to say not many women are truly "proud" of the decision. I guess they had to do what they had to do. Maybe many feel a sense of "relief?"

I don't think women who had abortion should be demonized. It is really an individual choice and decision. I don't judge either way. If you feel abortion is necessary and this is the good decision you make with the knowledge you have at the time, fine. Just know that there is no turning back, you really have to live with it. It is YOUR decision, not mine.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:55 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with this.

I myself would not touch this subject with a ten foot pole. In my opinion, NOTHING good comes out abortion debate.

All these being said, one woman shared her life experience and I am sure she is not alone. I am not sure what this would prove though. Does it prove that all women should not go through it? probably not.

It is a tough decision I am sure and I dare to say not many women are truly "proud" of the decision. I guess they had to do what they had to do. Maybe many feel a sense of "relief?"

I don't think many who had abortion should be demonized. It is really an individual choice and decision.
Agree. I'm sure, as well, that there are women that regretted their decision and some that felt relief.

An abortion clinic is likely not where anyone wants to find themselves.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:55 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Agree. I'm sure, as well, that there are women that regretted their decision and some that felt relief.

An abortion clinic is likely not where anyone wants to find themselves.
yep!

Old 06-06-2018, 05:57 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
So you think no one should care about the killing of an unborn baby? Really?
Then once again, do you pretty strongly THINK that a law should be passed requiring all pregnant women to give birth. Women breaking that law must be charged with murder?

Old 06-06-2018, 06:52 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then once again, do you pretty strongly THINK that a law should be passed requiring all pregnant women to give birth. Women breaking that law must be charged with murder?
Once again. So you THINK no one should care about the killing of an unborn baby?

Old 06-06-2018, 07:05 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Once again. So you THINK no one should care about the killing of an unborn baby?
There is not a thing wrong with caring. There is everything wrong with trying to legislate everyone to believe in the same things.
Personally I am no fan of abortions. I am even less a fan of supporting unwanted children that I didn't sire. Abortion is a deeply personal choice. The woman will live with her decision for the rest of her life and doesn't need men telling her how she should really feel. Nearly every first world country allows for abortion. The morning after pill etc.
I personally feel that abortion, as distasteful as I m might find it, is the responsible choice for a woman who neither wants nor can afford to raise a child.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:20 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
How is she being silenced, exactly?
Why would they silence her? She had an abortion. That's the fact of the matter. If you turned the clock back again she'd do the same thing again. Period.

Heck- if you asked people decades later about many of their life decisions they'd change their minds...but that has absolutely nothing to do with the original decision.

Silence her? Why would I even watch or listen to her? I've been silencing her for decades....

Man, people really need to stop thinking that Reality TV show people are "real". Isn't it the same crowd that crows how they hate celebrities, druggies, hollywood, etc.....that, all of a sudden, come out of the woodwork and tell us we should heed what these people say?

More power to her. Now - if you care about what other people say, I have an opinion also. Regrets are not a good thing..in general. There is very little in my 65 yo life I regret...and I've done some stupid things (haven't we all).

One needs to move on. Listening to Reality TV stars is not part of personal growth.

What is the Sharon lesson? "Do as I now say, not as I do (did)?".

Well, that's been the same lesson for 1000's of years. Do as I say now.....I didn't. I did what suited me. But you shouldn't.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:25 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Some people should care.
Some people should care about wasted sperm and eggs (periods and wanking).
Some people care about eating animals - killing them for such.
Some people care about your car and plastics and insecticides causing cancer in others...
Some people care about poking holes in the earth, polluting the groundwater, etc. to get you oil and gas.

People care about a lot of things. I care about ALL those things except the eggs and the sperm (2nd thing in line). That and family planning are none of my business. They don't cause me cancer or alter the natural world.

No human has the capacity to care about everything. How much do you care about all the dead Palestinians or Syrians...or Iraqis killed with your tax dollars? A little? A lot? Enough to go protest?

Old 06-06-2018, 07:34 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Some people should care.
Some people should care about wasted sperm and eggs (periods and wanking).
Some people care about eating animals - killing them for such.
Some people care about your car and plastics and insecticides causing cancer in others...
Some people care about poking holes in the earth, polluting the groundwater, etc. to get you oil and gas.

People care about a lot of things. I care about ALL those things except the eggs and the sperm (2nd thing in line). That and family planning are none of my business. They don't cause me cancer or alter the natural world.

No human has the capacity to care about everything. How much do you care about all the dead Palestinians or Syrians...or Iraqis killed with your tax dollars? A little? A lot? Enough to go protest?
So are you equating the death of a baby with eating animals, plastics, holes in the earth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies