Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2018, 07:42 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I'm a woman and have been pregnant 3 times.

I did consider all of the fetuses/zygotes, etc., to be parasites.

People would get mad at me for saying as such, but for me pregnancy really was like having a parasite sucking the life out of me and I hated it.

Not at all. At times throughout their childhood, teenage years and into adulthood I still consider my kids to be parasites.

Definition of which BTW for certain persons who say by definition a fetus is not a parasite:
  1. an organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense.
  2. a person who receives support, advantage, or the like, from another or others without giving any useful or proper return, as one who lives on the hospitality of others.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:42 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Nailed it.

The idea that being pregnant has health benefits for women is ridiculous.
It gives you great hair, usually. But, more of it falls out than you had prior to being pregnant, shortly after you deliver.

LOL.

Seriously... the "health benefits" thing just isn't there, not really.

There is some evidence that women who have babies later in life live longer, but that's not definitive.

Mostly, pregnancy and childbirth takes a toll on the body. Abortion rarely does.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:45 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Well make sure you remind your child/children as often as possible that you wish you'd aborted them and that having them is just one huge mistake. I'm sure that's going to make them feel awesome! They're sure to appreciate your candor and honesty!

I'm sorry you have rough pregnancies. One of my sisters has four children and her typical pregnancy makes yours sound like a walk in the park. Her hips would dislocate causing constant excruciating pain starting at month 6 or so. The experience of going into labor would actually decrease the pain. For all four pregnancies, she threw up so often that she had to be rehydrated and fed by a tube at least once per pregnancy. The last one was an accident that slipped by birth control and in that particular case, on top of everything else, she was in labor for about 1 month. Total number of times she even considered abortion = zero. Nobody is crazy enough to suggest that pregnancy is this wonderful happy land filled with rainbows, gumdrops and candy canes. Generally, it's messy and downright unpleasant to put it mildly. But it's how new human beings are made. We haven't come up with another way of doing it yet. Abortion has its place but its frivolous overuse cheapens our value of all human life.
Where did she say that?

And, how do you know that abortion is frivolously overused?

You are a man, aren't you?

Nobody takes abortion lightly except for crazy people and do you want them reproducing?

Old 06-07-2018, 07:46 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
This is a good question and because we are living in an overly pc world, you will never get an answer for this. The most you will get is "Their business, their body" all the blah blah.
Why is it a good question? Every woman who has an abortion got pregnant by random strangers? No, I don't think so. I had sex with the person o was dating & got pregnant. We both were like, uh no thanks, abortion was scheduled as soon as possible. My boyfriend, not some random stranger.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It gives you great hair, usually. But, more of it falls out than you had prior to being pregnant, shortly after you deliver.

LOL.

There is some evidence that women who have babies later in life live longer, but that's not definitive.

Mostly, pregnancy and childbirth takes a toll on the body. Abortion rarely does.
Of course it takes a toll. Even the most simple minded person knows that....or should know that.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:50 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why is it a good question? Every woman who has an abortion got pregnant by random strangers? No, I don't think so. I had sex with the person o was dating & got pregnant. We both were like, uh no thanks, abortion was scheduled as soon as possible. My boyfriend, not some random stranger.
I did not say that. That poster clearly said "SOMEONE", not everyone. So your example is irrelevant to the poster's question.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
No, I mean the "killing of an unborn baby". It's the baby's business. He/she didn't ask to be conceived.
Sadly, he/she doesn't get to choose.
An unborn baby is a fetus. A fetus is not viable during the gestation period in which the majority of abortions are preformed and does not have the consciousness to conceive the thought of life.

When you sit down to your bacon and eggs in the morning do you say that baby chicken didn't ask to be conceived (assuming it was fertilized) and didn't get to choose whether to be my breakfast or a chicken.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:56 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
No, I mean the "killing of an unborn baby". It's the baby's business. He/she didn't ask to be conceived.
Sadly, he/she doesn't get to choose.
In my opinion, this type of thinking does people no good.

Everybody wants to think about the unborn as future president of the united states of America lol. What if the unborn is a future child molester? Oh, no! nobody wants to think about that.

Years ago, I was madly in love with a special force Marine. We never had sex because he was deployed 2 months after we started dating. He died in combat at age of 22. I decided to lose my virginity to him if he could make it back. He did not.

Years later, somebody asked me a very dumb question, "If you were pregnant with his child, would you choose to abort it ?" I cannot answer this question because I was not put in that situation. Nobody knew what decision I would be making at the time with the knowledge I had at the time. Maybe I would've chosen to keep the baby because I was impulsive, maybe I would've chosen to abort the baby also because I was impulsive. Nobody really knew. The only thing I know is that I loved him and he loved me. We were not ready for a child at the time, and this is it.

"what if" is not a good question to ask in my opinion. I am not a parent yet, but I assume most parents just want happy healthy kids. That is why they decided to have a family. Those who don't want to have a child, well, they have their own reasons. That is why I won't tough the subject of abortion with a ten foot pole.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

LOL.

I think its the super charged pre-natal vitamins that give you great hair.
Women today in first world countries are very lucky they have all the pre-natal care available including good nutritious food, vitamins, check ups, ultra-sounds, medications, etc. to help complete a healthy pregnancy as well as state of the art birthing facilities.

Back in the day the mortality rate for pregnant women and infants was much higher.
My grandfathers first wife died in childbirth. My grandmother would have died post partum if she hadn't been stubborn and listened to the traveling doctors orders to stay completely off her feet in bed after delivery.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
But then why would someone who can barely support themselves have unprotected sex with strangers, knowing the risks for pregnancy?
Quote:
This is a good question and because we are living in an overly pc world, you will never get an answer for this. The most you will get is "Their business, their body" all the blah blah.
Quote:
I did not say that. That poster clearly said "SOMEONE", not everyone. So your example is irrelevant to the poster's question.
You responded to that post, which clearly means you agree with it, regardless of the use of "someone". It's never good when one backpedals or deflects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies