Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2018, 09:03 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Probably not that simple. But, I respect your opinion.
Actually, when it is your body someone else is attempting to control, it is that simple.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:05 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Actually, when it is your body someone else is attempting to control, it is that simple.
Well, I repeat

Unfortunately there's no agreement in medicine, philosophy or theology as to what stage of foetal development should be associated with the right to life.

If there is an universal answer of when life truly starts, then the issue will be simple. Since there is no universal answer, it is not a simple issue for me. That is why I don't believe the DEBATE is constructive. But you don't like what I said, so there is really no reasons to continue.

Just know that I don't judge any women for the decision they make. They do what they have to do.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:10 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Quote:
If there is an universal answer of when life truly starts, then the issue will be simple.
If life doesn't start at conception, then why abort it? Dead things don't grow. Leave it alone and it will grow because it is a life.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:11 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Well, I repeat

Unfortunately there's no agreement in medicine, philosophy or theology as to what stage of foetal development should be associated with the right to life.

If there is an universal answer of when life truly starts, then the issue will be simple. Since there is no universal answer, it is not a simple issue for me. That is why I don't believe the DEBATE is constructive. But you don't like what I said, so there is really no reasons to continue.
Stop deflecting. I said that when it becomes personal, as in, when it is your body, and some strangers, who have absolutely zero to do with you or your life, are attempting to force you to do something with it that you don't want to do, you might suddenly find you do have an opinion after all.

It's easy to sit on the fence when you have nothing at stake personally.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
If life doesn't start at conception, then why abort it? Dead things don't grow. Leave it alone and it will grow because it is a life.
well, Earlier I said, I don't believe the DEBATE is constructive, here is why

Assuming that fertilization and implantation all go perfectly, scientists can reasonably disagree about when personhood begins. An embryologist might say gastrulation, which is when an embryo can no longer divide to form identical twins. A neuroscientist might say when one can measure brainwaves. As a doctor, Horvath-Cosper says, “I have come to the conclusion that the pregnant woman gets to decide when it’s a person.”

Old 06-07-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Stop deflecting. I said that when it becomes personal, as in, when it is your body, and some strangers, who have absolutely zero to do with you or your life, are attempting to force you to do something with it that you don't want to do, you might suddenly find you do have an opinion after all.

It's easy to sit on the fence when you have nothing at stake personally.
I said, "I won't judge women either way, and they do what they have to do"

You came up with the above?

you need to find somebody else to ARGUE with then.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:22 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Quote:
Assuming that fertilization and implantation all go perfectly, scientists can reasonably disagree about when personhood begins.

Your post said "when life truly starts" so my comment was to that.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Your post said "when life truly starts" so my comment was to that.
I said, there is no universal answer to that question, and that question is "When does life begin?"

I don't agree or disagree with either side because I simply don't know.

I can see your side of the argument, if you believe life begins at conception, then of course you are entitled to that opinion and you should be allowed to live your life according to what you believe. I am sure abortion is not even a possibility / option for you, I can certainly respect that too.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:24 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
But that life has to use a womans body to grow. How about a law that requires men to lend their bodies to help others live? All men must be in a live organ donation program. If a match is found you must give bone marrow, maybe a kidney, blood, etc to keep someone else alive.

Oh what? That would be infringing on a mans right to bodily autonomy?

Old 06-07-2018, 09:35 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Technically all cells in our body are alive.
Even cancerous tumors are dividing live cells that will grow if you leave them alone.
So should we not remove cancer or cankerous organs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies