Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2018, 12:31 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Can you get a social for a fetus? Claim it as a deduction on your tax return? How bout get a life insurance policy.
You can live without a SS number. People do it. There are stories about kids whose parents never got them SS numbers. /shrug/

Are you saying in order to be alive you have to recognized by gov't? Or participate in commerce? Do you need a life insurance policy to prove you're alive?

If it's not a baby, why kill it? There is no need for an abortion if it doesn't kill a baby.

Pro abortionists still tap dance allllllllll around the fact that an abortion kills a baby. That is it's purpose. It would be refreshing that at least that could acknowledge that fact.

If abortion didn't kill babies, women who aren't pregnant could get them.
If abortion didn't kill babies, pregnant women who did have them would still give birth to babies.

Abortion kills babies.

Old 06-07-2018, 12:40 PM

41,974 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Again, APPALLING how many people are so clueless about basic biology.
What's appalling is the inability - willfully or not - to understand plain English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
If you're ok with the government barging in on women's reproductive rights, are you ok with the government barging in on your paycheck to help needy children be fed, clothed, and cared for?

I mean, since life is so "precious" to you.
Excellent!! Can I borrow this, please?

Old 06-07-2018, 12:44 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Well, if they aren't having a baby, why the need for an abortion?
The need for abortion is so they aren't having a baby.

Old 06-07-2018, 12:46 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Yes, definitely a baby. A human being who deserves to live.
So....what is a zygot? What is a fetus? Are those made-up terms?

Old 06-07-2018, 01:02 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
You can live without a SS number. People do it. There are stories about kids whose parents never got them SS numbers. /shrug/
Hold on. Stop. I did not ask if you can live without a SS number. I will ask the same question again slower. Can you get a SS number for a fetus?
Very simple, yes or no question. Can you see the difference.

Quote:

Are you saying in order to be alive you have to recognized by gov't? Or participate in commerce? Do you need a life insurance policy to prove you're alive?
Essentially yes you have to be recognized as a living person by the government for personhood.
A baby, before it leaves the hospital gets a social. A fetus is not eligible for a social.
Life insurance policies are only written for living people.
So I'm saying a fetus is not a baby. A fetus does not have personhood status. It is merely a fetus.

Quote:

If it's not a baby, why kill it? There is no need for an abortion if it doesn't kill a baby.

Pro abortionists still tap dance allllllllll around the fact that an abortion kills a baby. That is it's purpose. It would be refreshing that at least that could acknowledge that fact.

If abortion didn't kill babies, women who aren't pregnant could get them.
If abortion didn't kill babies, pregnant women who did have them would still give birth to babies.

Abortion kills babies.
Your question makes no sense. It is a fetus. One would terminate it so it does not become a baby. But I think you know that.

I'm not pro abortion, I'm pro choice. Yes abortion terminates a fetus. That is its purpose.
The problem here is failure to communicate. The medical society and the law and the majority of people distinguish between a gestating fetus before viability and an actual baby.
If you choose to or feel an embryo or fetus is actually a baby at any given point in development that is your right to do so. People hold different convictions on the issue. Never the less it has been studied, debated and reviewed by various people with medical knowledge and many people without and determined by the supreme court. So there is that.

But please stop making ridiculous statement like If abortion didn't kill babies, women who aren't pregnant could get them.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:10 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Well, if they aren't having a baby, why the need for an abortion?
To get rid of the parasite. It's weird you don't understand it.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
The need for abortion is so they aren't having a baby.
Right. It kills the baby.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
So....what is a zygot? What is a fetus? Are those made-up terms?
neonate, infant, toddler, youth, adolescent, adult, elderly .... are they made up terms?

All part of the same trajectory of life. All different stages of development.

Of human beings. From day 1 of conception. Which means human life.

Which abortion KILLS.

Why is it so difficult to acknowledge that abortion kills? As in life is over, as in no more baby, as in no longer pregnant?

At lease OWN your opinion. Yell: I am for abortion!!! I know it kills babies!!!

Old 06-07-2018, 01:14 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Right. It kills the baby.
By your logic, digging up an acorn is cutting down a tree.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:17 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
What's appalling is the inability - willfully or not - to understand plain English.

Excellent!! Can I borrow this, please?
Haha go for it, but don't expect any anti-choicers to actually answer the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies