Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2018, 10:11 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Cell growth occurs in pregnancy and in cancer, so it's a bit of a stretch to suggest that cell growth defines life.
Does cancer have different DNA? NO. It's cell growth in existing tissue, not a completely new human being. With its own DNA and blood type. With 10 fingers, 10 toes, a spine, etc.

Last I checked women don't have 20 fingers and 20 toes. A woman has 10 each and so does her baby. The separate life. That has it's own DNA and blood type.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Yes leave it alone outside woman's body and let us know how it goes. In your experiment, you might even ask a doctor to have that stored in your body and see if that makes any difference.
Well, run right over to the nursing home andhospital and start unplugging all the machines to kill all those people who can't survive on their own.

Take it another step and tackle all those diabetics and heart patients who cannot live without insulin or heart medication.

I mean, if they can't live on their own, we should just kill them, right?

Old 06-07-2018, 10:16 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,959,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Does cancer have different DNA? NO. It's cell growth in existing tissue, not a completely new human being. With its own DNA and blood type. With 10 fingers, 10 toes, a spine, etc.

Last I checked women don't have 20 fingers and 20 toes. A woman has 10 each and so does her baby. The separate life. That has it's own DNA and blood type.
Early abortion is not the removal of something with 10 fingers, 10 toes and a beating heart. It is the removal of a tiny blob of cell tissue.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Early abortion is not the removal of something with 10 fingers, 10 toes and a beating heart. It is the removal of a tiny blob of cell tissue.
Well, then the women will still be pregnant. If the reason for abortion is to kill the baby/end the pregnancy, how does removing a 'clump of cells' accomplish that?

Since the baby wasn't removed, she's still pregnant.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:18 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
I'm confused. You believe that a woman loses her organs, specifically kidney, bone marrow (not an organ btw) and blood (not an organ btw) when she becomes pregnant? Please explain.

It is shocking to see how many people don't understand basic biology. Seriously., ridiculously, APPALLINGLY shocking.

A woman loses her organs???? Just. Wow.
Quote:
Organs, such as the heart, the lungs, the stomach, the kidneys, the skin, and the liver, are made up of two or more types of tissue organized to serve a particular function.
https://www.khanacademy.org/science/...-organ-systems

And yes some women do lose organ function from pregnancy.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:19 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,504,845 times
Quote:
Well, run right over to the nursing home andhospital and start unplugging all the machines to kill all those people who can't survive on their own.

Take it another step and tackle all those diabetics and heart patients who cannot live without insulin or heart medication.

On their own? As I said in that post move it inside you and see if it works. Now the examples you have given - remove a machine if you think that machine doesn't want to be used for some reason and bring some other one and see what happens. NOTHING will happen. Same thing with insulin or any other medications. It's kind of sad to see that you are comparing a woman to "things" and "machines" as soon as she becomes pregnant. I am not surprised though.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:21 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:

Legally family CAN choose to remove life support from people who are being kept alive with machines.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
https://www.khanacademy.org/science/...-organ-systems

And yes some women do lose organ function from pregnancy.
The poster said loses organs and declared men must voluntarily become organ donors.

Don't move the goal post.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
On their own? As I said in that post move it inside you and see if it works. Now the examples you have given - remove a machine if you think that machine doesn't want to be used for some reason and bring some other one and see what happens. NOTHING will happen. Same thing with insulin or any other medications. It's kind of sad to see that you are comparing a woman to "things" and "machines" as soon as she becomes pregnant. I am not surprised though.
Remove a breast feeding 3 mo old infant from its mother and leave it in a field. It will die.

Same exact scenario, removing baby from mother's care, in utero and fully grown infant. Both will die.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:46 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,504,845 times
Quote:
Remove a breast feeding 3 mo old infant from its mother and leave it in a field. It will die.

Same exact scenario, removing baby from mother's care, in utero and fully grown infant. Both will die.

you love to go in circles. Tell me why would a woman who wants to have a baby would do anything like that. of course, if she doesn't want to have that baby then situation is different. As you cannot replace her body with someone else, you have no control on this situation so please quit and leave this to be a choice of that woman.

Last edited by alpha_1976; 06-07-2018 at 11:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies